Proving Ground's NPC party is horrid...

(Locked)

90 Troll Priest
Those sorts of changes are obviously Snowfox's fault.

Everytime someone reports Snowfox for dishing out the blunt truth, the AI loses 1 IQ point.
90 Pandaren Monk
Idk if this can be done in a hotfix but, can you make them run over monk balls?

pretty please? :D <3
90 Pandaren Priest
We've actually been making several adjustments to the AI of the NPC party members in the healing Proving Grounds via hotfix. I don't believe all of the changes have hit yet as I write this, but if all goes well, they should be applied within the next day or so. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273/54_Hotfixes_September_17-9_17_2013"]official hotfix blog[/url] for updates.

Are you trying to restore my faith again, Lore?! >.>
100 Gnome Monk

So you want them to bust your balls? *snicker* I'm so immature. It's part of being a gnome.

I'm not sure if that's actually feasible though. Heck I can't get real people to run into them consistently. An AI is likely either going to be perfect with them or it'll drop their dps so much they might as well not be present.

Maybe a change to PG where the spheres run into the nearest injured person at a reduced effect? Kind of like Lightspring. Maybe a glyph that a PG vendor sells?
100 Night Elf Druid

yes, please make AI of all NPC's in game run over monk balls. repeatedly. especially Suplift's.

xD *snickers*
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Horray for blue post updates!
90 Pandaren Monk
yes, please make AI of all NPC's in game run over monk balls. repeatedly. especially Suplift's.

Hot
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any way we can get mana pots to work? At 3 minute cooldown, I don't think it would be overpowered, but man would it help a little.

We're able to use them everywhere else.
90 Human Paladin
-
Edited by Leønidas on 9/26/2013 7:52 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
I think Blizzard did a marvelous job of making these NPCs behave like the majority of players. The rogue doesn't interrupt squat and seems to go out of his way to break CC, the warrior tank is trying to raid with his fresh level-cap greens and hasn't figured out how to keybind his abilities (much less figured out what his defensive cooldowns are), and the hunter just stands there auto attacking. At least the mage -doesn't- pop every cooldown each wave and get splattered before Oto even targets a mob (which never seems to be the most threatening one. I love how they leave the AoE casters til last).
90 Troll Priest

Actual players don't do this. We can't make the AI superior, that'd be silly.

/teases Sup
100 Undead Warlock
Maybe a change to PG where the spheres run into the nearest injured person at a reduced effect? Kind of like Lightspring. Maybe a glyph that a PG vendor sells?

the healing orbs already heal someone within 40 yards for 50% of the healing amount when they expire
90 Pandaren Monk
We've actually been making several adjustments to the AI of the NPC party members in the healing Proving Grounds via hotfix. I don't believe all of the changes have hit yet as I write this, but if all goes well, they should be applied within the next day or so.

Thank you kindly for letting us know that there will be some stuff fixed! Hopefully said changes will take some of the pressure off.
Edited by Katji on 9/18/2013 12:54 PM PDT
100 Gnome Monk
09/18/2013 12:16 PMPosted by Morgomir

the healing orbs already heal someone within 40 yards for 50% of the healing amount when they expire

This would be a bit different.

First the range is 6 yards for expired healing orbs not 40.

When healing orbs expire is pure RNG for if they're needed or not. This effect would simulate intelligent use of orbs. The effect reduction would simulate error.

Also do orbs even form by the party members in PG? I recall that being bugged at one point where they all appeared next to you.

Edit: On second thought can we have a glyph that extends the sphere explosion range to 40 yards in exchange for only 25% healing from the explosion? That would be so over p *cough* balanced. :)
Edited by Kipery on 9/18/2013 1:02 PM PDT
100 Orc Warrior
Maybe that's how it's designed:

Bronze: You're ready for LFR and flex (to actually contribute to them, not just be carried)
Silver: You're ready for normals
Gold: You're ready for heroics

This is certainly how it feels to me. I need to be awake for Bronze, need to be awake and alert for Silver, and I haven't been able to get Gold.

After 30+ wipes, I haven't been able to get Gold.

I'm very frustrated by that, and am taking a break from Proving Grounds waiting for it to be nerfed.
100 Draenei Shaman
I just accepted Proving Grounds' message that I am actually quite bad at this game without my gear, and moved on. ( ._.)
90 Night Elf Druid
We've actually been making several adjustments to the AI of the NPC party members in the healing Proving Grounds via hotfix. I don't believe all of the changes have hit yet as I write this, but if all goes well, they should be applied within the next day or so. I'd recommend keeping an eye on the [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10932273/54_Hotfixes_September_17-9_17_2013"]official hotfix blog[/url] for updates.

Is it me or does Lore get to post all the good stuff?

He is feeling the love.
100 Draenei Priest
@Lore: THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU. Seriously, thanks Blizz ^.^
100 Orc Warrior
09/18/2013 01:04 PMPosted by Gräve
I just accepted Proving Grounds' message that I am actually quite bad at this game without my gear, and moved on. ( ._.)

Inorite. Same feeling here.

Cry.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]