Secrets of the Empire drop rate

90 Troll Druid
What's the drop rate on secrets? I've done 12/12 tot bosses this week in LFR and I've only gotten one secret. I got one secret last week and one this week. is this the drop rate I can expect on these things?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
The drop rate is mediocre at best.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Seemed to be about 25% for me?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
You could try joining a pug for more chances.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
You can get Secrets of the empire at about a 50-75% chance off the bosses in SoO. (from leading 9 groups usually when I had 2 people without a cloak atleast one of them were getting a secret to drop per boss downed).

Flex\Normal SoO can both drop runestones. Yet LFR\Normal can share the same runestone chance per week.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
It still seems pretty low. I only got one this week, which was the one from Lei Shen, which I've been told is guaranteed to drop. It was pretty frustrating watching a friend I was running LFR with have 6 of them drop. Oh well. It all just comes down to luck.

Are you talking runestones or secrets. Because the post is about Secrets but it is runestones that have the guaranteed drop from Lei Shen.
Reply Quote
91 Human Monk
wowhead has them at about a 0.05%. (pre-5.4 i assume)

I got 9 last week running tot. Needed 1 more on my DK to get to the next step this week. Patch day I ended up running all 4 LFRS as the 12th boss finally dropped it!

Thus my hatred for the RNG system continues!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Ugh, can't sleep.

Wait, do the Secrets drop from SoO? Or is that just the runestones?

On topic, my drop rates seem pretty good. However, I did notice that if I wipe during a boss, I never get a Secret. If we don't wipe, I seem to get one about 1:3 kills.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
wowhead has them at about a 0.05%. (pre-5.4 i assume)

I got 9 last week running tot. Needed 1 more on my DK to get to the next step this week. Patch day I ended up running all 4 LFRS as the 12th boss finally dropped it!

Thus my hatred for the RNG system continues!

The problem with WoWHead is that it counts this for EVERY defeat, when there are lots and lots of registers from characters without the quest.

That said, if it's not that low, it still ridiculously low. Almost as the ranged hunter weapons, that Blizzard fooled us saying there would be 4 possible drops in ToT, and then trolling us with a pink-love-rocket drop rate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Yeah all I know is out of 18 kills in tot between the two weeks (because I faction changed last week and didn't realize the quest had dropped on me before I had done two wings) I only recieved two secrets. I did get one out of SoO though so I'm at 3 of 20. At this rate, I'll get this part of the quest done in another 8 or 9 weeks.

The drop rate is mediocre at best.

I see what you did there.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I wonder if the drop rate is bugged or something.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Its pretty bad, took me about 3 months to get them all. Now wait til you get to the titan runestone part, its MUCH worse.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
all legendary items drop from Siege of Orgrimmar bosses.

Yeah I got one out of Siege this week. We downed the first wing flex and first two bosses on 10 normal. On a mostly unrelated note, the difficulty difference between flex and normal is quite high. We wiped several times on the first two bosses in normal whereas in flex our only wipes came on bosses 3 and 4 due to learning mechanics.
Edited by Grumpycat on 9/13/2013 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]