Timeless trinkets

100 Blood Elf Hunter
Ok, my DISC priest used one of the new timeless isle 496 "Timeless Curio" (i think that was the name) and got the dps trinket and my ELEMENTAL shaman used the timeless curio and got a healing trinket............... are these glitched for casters or what?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
The 496 tokens do not create best in slot for your class, it's kinda random based on if your character can use it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Wrong. There is only ONE trinket per spec. Like the Darkmoon Faire trinkets. It happened to me as well and a GM wouldn't refund me.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Wrong. There is only ONE trinket per spec. Like the Darkmoon Faire trinkets. It happened to me as well and a GM wouldn't refund me.

You got your answer, if you don't like it, use the survey provided to give your feedback. The SFAs here cannot change anything, they don't have access to the same tools the GMs use.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
I converted these on alts.

On a Balance Druid I got a Contemplation of Chi-Ji, my Shadow Priest received Yu'lon's Bite

So I have to think these items are not spec specific.

Rings I got both for my Balance druid, Amaranthine Signet Pious and Feverflare.
Edited by Kozzae on 9/15/2013 1:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warlock
As a note, there has been a lot of reports about this on the Bug report forums.
Reply Quote
The Timeless Curio is indeed Loot Spec specific (loot spec, not active spec, important difference), however, there is no garauntee that the trinket you're getting is the BEST choice of the available trinkets that your loot spec can use. While the contemplation has an on use for spirit, Boomkins, SPriests, and Elementalists DO use spirit for hit. Again, as I've said, its not optimal for your DPS spec, but it is usable as a DPS trinket. Int is still nice anyway you cross it.
Edited by Yei on 9/15/2013 1:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I converted these on alts.

On a Balance Druid I got a Contemplation of Chi-Ji, my Shadow Priest received Yu'lon's Bite

So I have to think these items are not spec specific.

Rings I got both for my Balance druid, Amaranthine Signet Pious and Feverflare.
I got both of the trinkets on my shadowpriest and they are both great for that spec.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warlock
There's less-than-optimal, and there's "useless" though, and an on-use spirit buff is pretty useless for a dps. I've seen quite a few complaints, and seen it myself, where healers aren't getting any gear with Spirit on it at all. Think the whole Timeless transform system is buggy. I've stopped transforming pieces until it's clarified as intended or a bug. New patch, new bugs, it happens.

BUT anyways, I did find this last post, in a thread about the trinket in the Bug forums, where someone posted that a GM confirmed that dps getting the Spirit-use trinket to be a bug:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9947395071

So we'll see, and hope for a quick fix. :)
Edited by Echo on 9/15/2013 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That's the thing though, is not usless. It does benefit the class/spec, even if not everyone needs the benefit it provides.
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Warlock
That's the thing though, is not usless. It does benefit the class/spec, even if not everyone needs the benefit it provides.

Under any other normal circumstance, I'd agree with you. I get RNG and "can be used" vs. "optimal", but dps only getting an on-use spirit buff trinket cannot be intended (and as it seems, isn't intended). Who ever needs a burst of +Hit? Sure ok, if someone isn't hit-capped yet, they'd miss less during those few seconds, but that's just not realistic intent. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]