Timeless Isle is monotonous!!!

Basically all I can say is that the Timeless Isle is a mindless grind after a while. The content gets stale. There is really no point or progression to the story line either.

There is no diversity or sense of adventure. Moreover, having tons of players confined to one small area is a bad idea. Timeless Isle is nothing more than a re-worked Stranglethorn Vale with mostly existing WOW models dropped on them with bigger Health. I would rather level another toon then mindlessly grind Timeless Isle.

Personally I would of taken a page out of Wintergrasp and Tolbarad to allow the winning faction access to the bigger more valuable bosses/NPC's. The other items can still be there to farm...but to the winner will go the spoils :-)

Unfortunately, I am not the only one that feels this way.

Opinions?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Everything is a grind in WoW. And timeless isle is an amazing addition.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Blizz has taken all the time-sink activity like dailies from any random point in time from day 1 to the day before 5.4 hit... and distilled it into a single, small area so you can experience it up close and personal in a way nothing else has ever done.

It's what the game is truly about! Enjoy.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
My problem with Timeless Isle is I never see any events. I don't always have a lot of time to play, and I prefer where I can control what content I experience. Sitting around waiting for a skull head to spawn so I can try to get his body back is not what I consider a good time.
Reply Quote
If you think it's monotonous, then this game is not for you.

This expansion was to allow people to take their time on the isle, and also gear up their alts. I'd explore more about the isle than making quick assumptions on what you "have" to do.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
It needs to be more "dynamic".

Things players do need to have some impact on the environment - of course care must be taken so that the environment will never end up in a "broken state" - that changes the way other players interact with said environment.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
Well it doesn't take much for some people to be "amazed". lol

A few days now and I'm already getting bored with it. After the couple of Achs I have left there, it'll be just another monotonous grind. If I had alts I cared about lvl'ing up, it'd only get worse.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Basically all I can say is that the Timeless Isle is a mindless grind after a while. The content gets stale. There is really no point or progression to the story line either.

There is no diversity or sense of adventure. Moreover, having tons of players confined to one small area is a bad idea. Timeless Isle is nothing more than a re-worked Stranglethorn Vale with mostly existing WOW models dropped on them with bigger Health. I would rather level another toon then mindlessly grind Timeless Isle.

Personally I would of taken a page out of Wintergrasp and Tolbarad to allow the winning faction access to the bigger more valuable bosses/NPC's. The other items can still be there to farm...but to the winner will go the spoils :-)

Opinions?

People complained that dailies were monotonous and grindy. Blizzard responds with the Timeless Isle, which puts the grindiness of daily quests to shame. The Timeless Isle is a Vanilla-style grind. The primary form of progression is farming mobs for rep and currency. Daily quests actually give you context, variety, and in the case of things like the Molten Front, Operation: Shieldwall, and the Isle of Thunder, story progression.

I bet those daily quests are looking pretty good now, huh?
Reply Quote
Timeless Isle was awesome for 2 days, then it becomes boring and a place you never go back to because you've done everything and gotten all the gear for your alts
Edited by Daru on 9/16/2013 2:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

that system essentially locks the content away from the faction that's outnumbered 5 to 1

I prefer not gating content behind server population balances
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I think you misspelled "Chronotonous" in your title

may want to edit that
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't really need the gear there, but I have enjoyed my time on the isle thus far. I've barely dipped my toe in since I don't have as much time to play outside raid nights as I'd like.

It's a great way to kill time on my lunch break. I was just there on my shaman running around, chatting in general, killed a couple rares, opened some chests. It was fun.

There are some quests to direct you to the fun little items like food buffs and the like. There's gear, if you need it (my shaman got a trinket from a chest :D), and gold from that if you don't.

I probably haven't even experienced 4% of it yet, and I think it's enjoyable. Of course if you spend all your time there trying to GET ALL THE THINGS RIGHT NOW you will be bored after you finish it. That's your fault, tho. :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Timless Isle was awesome for 2 days, then it becomes boring and a place you never go back to because you've done everything and gotten all the gear for your alts

Well then, we'll play without Tim. Won't miss him.

If you play all day and night and suck up all the content in 2 days, then that's your personal pacing problem.

Also, enchant your cloak.
Edited by Vixie on 9/16/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 02:26 PMPosted by Vixie
Timless Isle was awesome for 2 days, then it becomes boring and a place you never go back to because you've done everything and gotten all the gear for your alts

If you play all day and night and suck up all the content in 2 days, then that's your personal pacing problem.

It really doesn't take that long to finish the content on the isle. It takes all of 1hr or so to find all the treasure chests, grinding out gear depends on if you get lucky with drops and how many alts you want to gear out. There really isn't anything on the Isle to keep people coming back, except for Ordos and the Celestials.

Also, no - I don't feel like enchanting my DPS Legendary Cloak
Edited by Daru on 9/16/2013 2:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/16/2013 02:31 PMPosted by Daru

It really doesn't take that long to finish the content on the isle. It takes all of 1hr or so to find all the treasure chests, grinding out gear depends on if you get lucky with drops and how many alts you want to gear out. There really isn't anything on the Isle to keep people coming back, except for Ordos and the Celestials.

Also, no - I don't feel like enchanting my DPS Legendary Cloak

Did you pick the wrong cloak?

So you go back once a week for certain things, that's working as intended for Blizzard. Once a week raids, once a week quests. It's not like "never going back to the Isle cuz nothing to do" complaints. It's been fun seeing people returning to the game and grouping with strangers (make new friends!).

Also, my skinner was having a crazy field day yesterday cleaning up after people.
Reply Quote
Did you pick the wrong cloak?

So you go back once a week for certain things, that's working as intended for Blizzard. Once a week raids, once a week quests. It's not like "never going back to the Isle cuz nothing to do" complaints. It's been fun seeing people returning to the game and grouping with strangers (make new friends!).

Also, my skinner was having a crazy field day yesterday cleaning up after people.

No, I have 2 cloaks, DPS and Tank, as I tank for my raid team

I think I'm more just bummed that the Timeless Isle didn't last me for very long. I was on Thundering Isle with multiple characters for weeks to a few months. But Timeless doesn't really have anything to bring you back daily, to me anyways
Edited by Daru on 9/16/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My problem with Timeless Isle is I never see any events. I don't always have a lot of time to play, and I prefer where I can control what content I experience. Sitting around waiting for a skull head to spawn so I can try to get his body back is not what I consider a good time.

Well said
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
It's not the customer's "fault" if the content is relatively sparse. It's the company that's supposed to provide the content that is lacking.

Blizzard would rather spend time & effort on nerf/buff cycles to make people FotM, which leads to more time wasted/longer subs (profit), instead of actually providing more content that would keep people in the game.
Edited by Caolela on 9/17/2013 9:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No sense of adventure? I believe that is user error.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
EvM

Opinions?

People complained that dailies were monotonous and grindy. Blizzard responds with the Timeless Isle, which puts the grindiness of daily quests to shame. The Timeless Isle is a Vanilla-style grind. The primary form of progression is farming mobs for rep and currency. Daily quests actually give you context, variety, and in the case of things like the Molten Front, Operation: Shieldwall, and the Isle of Thunder, story progression.

I bet those daily quests are looking pretty good now, huh?

I'd kill for dailies. Dailies were my main source of income back during 5.1 through 5.3. Taking them away means I just have to hope like hell that my glyphs/gems/ore/bars sell on the AH for profit.

It'd also make grinding reputation with Shaohao a lot easier.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]