Legendary Cloak quest line

100 Human Priest
I don't mind having to put work in to get this item. It's supposed to be legendary.

I do however have an issue with the 3 week waiting game as part of the quest line. Capping 1000 valor takes all of 2 days of very casual play. Then you sit around and wait another 5 days to cap again.

Of the 3 weeks days it will take me to get 3k valor, I will be spending 5-6 days getting valor and most days not working on the quest. How legendary.

"Ok I need you to: grind this rep, kill this evil Sha boss, rally your faction's forces, then sit here for 3 weeks." Wait what was that last thing? "Err what? Oh, ya, rally your faction's forces! To battle!" No I got that. What was the waiting thing? "Oh erm. Ya. I ran out of ideas - I thought that if you had to sit here for a few weeks it'd feel more special when you got it in the end... *cough* ... erm. Legendary!"

Jog on.

Seriously at least give me something to DO during that time. Yes, I know, the revered rep grind. That'll be done in a few days. What about the other 2 weeks? Sitting and wait is in no sense of the word "legendary."
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It'll probably take more than 3 weeks to collect Secrets of the empire, and more than 3 weeks to collect the titan runestones, so don't worry about it.

You can be grinding black prince rep to exalted, since you'll need that evantually anyways.
Edited by Quorim on 9/16/2013 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
It used to be 6 weeks. Be thankful they nerfed it for you already.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Would have loved to have completed mine in 3 weeks....

You got it easy junior.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I knew people would miss the point.

I don't have an issue with the time itself - it's just that the only factor is time. I'd rather DO something for my quest than the major of the requirement to be to literally do NOTHING.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I knew people would miss the point.

I don't have an issue with the time itself - it's just that the only factor is time. I'd rather DO something for my quest than the major of the requirement to be to literally do NOTHING.

Last I checked doing Raids, Heroics and Scenarios (or heaven forbid if you hate yourself.. dailies) would be classified as doing... nothing
Reply Quote
09/16/2013 04:56 PMPosted by Glidden
Capping 1000 valor takes all of 2 days of very casual play.

I've always wondered how people can do that. I can't cap valor after 7 days of very casual play, even when I try to.

I did this quest when it was 6000 valor and it took me 8 weeks. What on Earth are you doing in your "very casual play" to get valor capped in 2 days?

I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRET.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
They made valor caping easier also. Run a few lfr, 1 random dungeon and 1 random scenario per day. Any H Scenarios will make it even faster. Then do any dailies such as the new isle of time, tillers, Isle of thunder.

I say how do you not cap valor. On various alts as well.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
[quote="99711606035"]

I NEED TO KNOW YOUR SECRET.

Well uh....sometimes I honestly don't even know, it just happens.

Generally though you can do a few dailies, including queues (e.g. heroic scenario), and then a few LFR and that's it.

I just look up and bam I'm capped. It's annoying. I wish they'd raise the cap to 2k or something. Though then that would make gear upgrading kind of pointless because you could just always upgrade and never have to choose.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
It's really best if you just keep on trudging, and best if I don't tell you what else is coming.

Remember, water wears down rock... over time.

... and the true definition of Kung-Fu is "hard work, over time"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Time is one problem...getting help is another. No one is running Nalak now that the new patch is out, for example. I can see making folks work to get the cloak, but..

1) Why deny people access to Ordos?
2) Why require boss encounters that nobody is running?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Time is one problem...getting help is another. No one is running Nalak now that the new patch is out, for example. I can see making folks work to get the cloak, but..

For one thing, there's always groups running Nalak on oQueue. So, there's really no reason or excuse as to why people can't find a group for their quest item. Or, theres always the option of starting a group for it. Or asking your guildies. Or trade chat.

1. Why deny people access to Ordos? Why allow people who have done nothing in terms of the legendary questline -all- expansion to have access to free Warforged normal raid-equivalent items? HMM? HMM? The quest barely took any extra effort to do beyond what you were doing every week anyways. So there's really no reason for someone who has been participating the entire expansion to not have the cloak. I took a 3-4 month break and I got my cloak the first day the patch released last Tuesday.

2. People are still running it. Just a matter of putting in a little extra effort or starting a group for it. Sometimes people want to run for the mounts but, are too lazy to start it themselves -- you'd be surprised how many people will whisper you the second you say 'LFM NALAK' in trade chat at primetime.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest

Yeah, actually I've had that problem. Haven't been able to find any Nalak groups going around.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Why does any of that matter since the PVP blockade is still in place.

Everyone wants a tank...seems like every time I log on. But then Blizz makes us absolutely useless in PVP content.

Next time you sit for an hour in a queue waiting for a tank, think about that.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
It used to be 6 weeks. Be thankful they nerfed it for you already.

Exactly.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

For one thing, there's always groups running Nalak on oQueue. So, there's really no reason or excuse as to why people can't find a group for their quest item. Or, theres always the option of starting a group for it. Or asking your guildies. Or trade chat.

1. Why deny people access to Ordos? Why allow people who have done nothing in terms of the legendary questline -all- expansion to have access to free Warforged normal raid-equivalent items? HMM? HMM? The quest barely took any extra effort to do beyond what you were doing every week anyways. So there's really no reason for someone who has been participating the entire expansion to not have the cloak. I took a 3-4 month break and I got my cloak the first day the patch released last Tuesday.

2. People are still running it. Just a matter of putting in a little extra effort or starting a group for it. Sometimes people want to run for the mounts but, are too lazy to start it themselves -- you'd be surprised how many people will whisper you the second you say 'LFM NALAK' in trade chat at primetime.

If you go back through all the LFR drops needed to catch up from scratch, it's really a long time to get to quest for the cloak. I'm not suggesting that they give you the cloak, just access to the world boss.

There is no activity on my server for Nalak or any of the other older raid bosses. The whole server is on Timeless Isle, madly chasing after rares. oQueue is interesting...but Blizz should be supporting world bosses like this through a built in system.

There are an amazing number of people who left the game and came back this patch. It's a shame that (for the first time this expansion) that everybody cannot share in the fun of the new world boss.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
the quest chain is actually pretty fun. you got the scenario where you help wrathion forge a thunder spear, very challenging, and the trial of the celestials.

quite a lot of interesting lore about stuff like how the burning legion is coming. SOON.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
If you go back through all the LFR drops needed to catch up from scratch, it's really a long time to get to quest for the cloak. I'm not suggesting that they give you the cloak, just access to the world boss.

It should take a LOT less time now because ... Sigils drop from t14 (16 bosses), Throne of Thunder (12 bosses) and Siege of Orgimmar (14 bosses). Secrets and Titan Runestones drop from Throne of Thunder (12 bosses, 6 bosses for runestones) and Siege of Orgimmar (14 bosses). Your chances at getting the items has practically doubled -- and I wouldn't be surprised if the droprate was altered.

People now have even more of a chance to catch up, plus the valor part is shorter ... the pvp part is EVEN EASIER because of the higher resil and lack of high ilvl gear/cap in instanced pvp at the moment (new season starting).

Honestly, if people find it harder to pick up and get through now ... then they should've thought about that before they ignored the entire questline for a whole year.

I think you're missing the whole point of a 'gated' boss. lol
"I don't want the cloak but, I want access to the boss that gives epic Warforged loots even though I put no effort into the quest like the people who are doing Ordos! :DDD"
Edited by Shik on 9/16/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]