Legendary Cloak quest line

90 Troll Monk
I agree with this person 10 fold... to all you people who are like well I had to wait 6 weeks, well you wanted the cape when nobody had higher then a 500 ilvl now your born with that it would not have made sence to give you the best item in the game before you even got anything else any decent, the wait around for 3 weeks thing really grinds my gears, i want to beable to wrk my !@# offand get the thing done with
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
09/16/2013 11:29 PMPosted by Shik
If you go back through all the LFR drops needed to catch up from scratch, it's really a long time to get to quest for the cloak. I'm not suggesting that they give you the cloak, just access to the world boss.

It should take a LOT less time now because ... Sigils drop from t14 (16 bosses), Throne of Thunder (12 bosses) and Siege of Orgimmar (14 bosses). Secrets and Titan Runestones drop from Throne of Thunder (12 bosses, 6 bosses for runestones) and Siege of Orgimmar (14 bosses). Your chances at getting the items has practically doubled -- and I wouldn't be surprised if the droprate was altered.

People now have even more of a chance to catch up, plus the valor part is shorter ... the pvp part is EVEN EASIER because of the higher resil and lack of high ilvl gear/cap in instanced pvp at the moment (new season starting).

Honestly, if people find it harder to pick up and get through now ... then they should've thought about that before they ignored the entire questline for a whole year.

I think you're missing the whole point of a 'gated' boss. lol
"I don't want the cloak but, I want access to the boss that gives epic Warforged loots even though I put no effort into the quest like the people who are doing Ordos! :DDD"

I agree there is plenty of bosses to get the secerts and other drops from but with the drop rate still lower then most other items they drop its a pain in the !@#. A fix to the drop rate would be nice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
God, so much agreed OP. I just resubbed and I have my Valor capped on Tuesday, my Flex done, etc, and then I kind of just have to sit around twiddling my thumbs for the rest of the week waiting for the weekly reset. I want to put more work in but I am gated by time locks.

I'm sorry, but the Legendary should be about skill, I am perfectly fine with only the top percentage of players having it so I never have to worry about working to get it unless I want to undertake being one of those players. Making it easy with gating mechanics was just a bad bad idea. The only thing standing between me and getting into a raiding guild on my main is the weekly reset, that is depressing, I have all this time and effort to put forth but can't use it on anything due to gating. What is more depressing is when I outheal people with the Legendary cloak when grouping with them in less gear (513 and them in the 540s) and no meta gem either.
Edited by Stockings on 9/17/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Time is one problem...getting help is another. No one is running Nalak now that the new patch is out, for example. I can see making folks work to get the cloak, but..

1) Why deny people access to Ordos?
2) Why require boss encounters that nobody is running?

Yeah, actually I've had that problem. Haven't been able to find any Nalak groups going around.

What you need to do with Nalak for the legendary quest can be done solo.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
OP you do realize some of us on that quest line had to get 6K worth of valor and your complaining about only needing to get 3K....don't you think those of us that did at 6K mark should get 3K refunded back...geshh....its only 3K that is 3 weeks....not the 6 weeks that many of spent early on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I got the eye of the black prince yesterday. how much longer do i have left on the legendary quest line? im confused.

i heard nine weeks, now 3?

also just a side note would you socket the thunder weapon i have now or wait to use it on something that will drop from SoO LFR? If applicable..?
Edited by Tragix on 9/17/2013 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Yeah, actually I've had that problem. Haven't been able to find any Nalak groups going around.

What you need to do with Nalak for the legendary quest can be done solo.

That's how I did it the first time.

I do wish the legendary quest line could be a bit more condensed for people who already have the cloak on one toon. I'm currently working to get it on my shaman, and while I'm happy that some aspects have seen a reduction in 'items' needed, it's still a rather long grind, especially for someone who's already done it and remembers the amount spent the first time.

The only good part is, I don't have to wait for the next part of the chain to be released in the first place. Once I've met a prerequisite, it's off to the next leg. /phew
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I dont mind all the other things but for some reason the rep grind bugs me the most.( on alts) It would of been a lot cooler if you got rep on the new island, instead of having to do old abandoned content.

On the plus its real easy to valor cap now, and i run out of things to do so i guess grinding rep on an alt is something to do.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I feel your pain, atleast with this new timeless gear ive been catching up on that ilvl, but my guild is still like well he doesn't even have his cloak... hes not coming in our main raid group
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
OP you do realize some of us on that quest line had to get 6K worth of valor and your complaining about only needing to get 3K....don't you think those of us that did at 6K mark should get 3K refunded back...geshh....its only 3K that is 3 weeks....not the 6 weeks that many of spent early on.

I'm pretty sure, if you can see, OP is not complaining about it being too much work, more that it is gated behind the weekly reset and that they are willing to put in more work, but cannot due to this.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I don't mind having to put work in to get this item. It's supposed to be legendary.

I do however have an issue with the 3 week waiting game as part of the quest line. Capping 1000 valor takes all of 2 days of very casual play. Then you sit around and wait another 5 days to cap again.

Of the 3 weeks days it will take me to get 3k valor, I will be spending 5-6 days getting valor and most days not working on the quest. How legendary.

"Ok I need you to: grind this rep, kill this evil Sha boss, rally your faction's forces, then sit here for 3 weeks." Wait what was that last thing? "Err what? Oh, ya, rally your faction's forces! To battle!" No I got that. What was the waiting thing? "Oh erm. Ya. I ran out of ideas - I thought that if you had to sit here for a few weeks it'd feel more special when you got it in the end... *cough* ... erm. Legendary!"

Jog on.

Seriously at least give me something to DO during that time. Yes, I know, the revered rep grind. That'll be done in a few days. What about the other 2 weeks? Sitting and wait is in no sense of the word "legendary."

I stopped reading this half way through. sounds like you need to get over it. if you don't like the 3000 valor wait you should have started earlier.
Edited by Tendopaìn on 9/17/2013 6:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I just hated going back into raids to get deferent drops.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
GUYS!!! lol somebody answer meh PLEAAAAASE and TY!!! :P ^
Edited by Tragix on 9/17/2013 6:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
1. Why deny people access to Ordos? Why allow people who have done nothing in terms of the legendary questline -all- expansion to have access to free Warforged normal raid-equivalent items? HMM? HMM? The quest barely took any extra effort to do beyond what you were doing every week anyways. So there's really no reason for someone who has been participating the entire expansion to not have the cloak. I took a 3-4 month break and I got my cloak the first day the patch released last Tuesday.

Done NOTHING?

You mean I don't have this Sha-touched gem in my Sha-touched dagger in my offhand?

Much less having completed the 6k Valor quest, in addition to getting revered with the Black Prince?

Whoops? I'm sorry, did I poke a massive gaping hole in your "argument"?

Maybe the problem isn't having to work for the Legendary (I need stuff to-do in-game. I'm lucky if I'm online an hour a day lately). Perhaps the problem is the pissant PvP quest? Believe it or not, not everyone wants to derp around in BGs?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think the best part is where the OP thinks the hard part is waiting 3 weeks for valor.

Not the potential 12 weeks for runestones...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
It used to be 6 weeks. Be thankful they nerfed it for you already.
This. Don't complain until educating yourself on how it used to be.

Edit: and it you think waiting 3 weeks is bad, just wait until you get to the drop quests (as others have said).
Edited by Lometos on 9/17/2013 6:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I think the best part is where the OP thinks the hard part is waiting 3 weeks for valor.

Not the potential 12 weeks for runestones...

i just started the three week grind, but this "runestone" doesn't even bother me. the legendary cloak like everything eles in the game, minus the legendary mount from AQ, is still attainable, leading me to believe that the cloak isnt going anywhere. it was ment TO TAKE TIME.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
i heard nine weeks, now 3?

It all depends on how many Secrets of the Empire you get (you need 20). Also farm up 40 Trillium bars for this stage. Then it's the Titan Runestones (12). Maximize your drops by running all of Throne and anything available in Siege and it shouldn't take too long. Still over a month unless you are the luckiest man alive.

also just a side note would you socket the thunder weapon i have now or wait to use it on something that will drop from SoO LFR? If applicable..?

Eye of the Black Prince only works on Sha-Touched weapons and Throne of Thunder weapons. It cannot be used on Siege weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I do wish the legendary quest line could be a bit more condensed for people who already have the cloak on one toon. I'm currently working to get it on my shaman

You only need the cloak on 1 toon to be able to do Ordos in the cloak area.....all your alts have access to the big boss Ordos....
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I don't mind having to put work in to get this item. It's supposed to be legendary.

I do however have an issue with the 3 week waiting game as part of the quest line. Capping 1000 valor takes all of 2 days of very casual play. Then you sit around and wait another 5 days to cap again.

Of the 3 weeks days it will take me to get 3k valor, I will be spending 5-6 days getting valor and most days not working on the quest. How legendary.

"Ok I need you to: grind this rep, kill this evil Sha boss, rally your faction's forces, then sit here for 3 weeks." Wait what was that last thing? "Err what? Oh, ya, rally your faction's forces! To battle!" No I got that. What was the waiting thing? "Oh erm. Ya. I ran out of ideas - I thought that if you had to sit here for a few weeks it'd feel more special when you got it in the end... *cough* ... erm. Legendary!"

Jog on.

Seriously at least give me something to DO during that time. Yes, I know, the revered rep grind. That'll be done in a few days. What about the other 2 weeks? Sitting and wait is in no sense of the word "legendary."

I stopped reading this half way through. sounds like you need to get over it. if you don't like the 3000 valor wait you should have started earlier.

Not everyone has been subscribed this entire expansion. Sometimes I feel like the Legendary is more like a reward for staying subbed throughout the expansion rather than an "achievement".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]