Rare Spawns...

90 Blood Elf Paladin
This may have been suggested... but here goes.

I know you all have probably been experiencing the same frustration as I have with the rare spawns on the Timeless Island. By the time someone says "Rare mob X is up" its already too late to get there and get a tag in on the kill. Currently the only way to get in on a rare mob is either 1. Be lucky, or 2. Camp.

Other games I have played give rare spawns an initial immunity timer to alleviate this issue. Make the spawn immune to damage for say 60-90 seconds after it spawns to give people a chance to get to its area. Its unfortunate that we cannot rely on common courtesy to fix this problem. Since we cannot I am in favor of forcing the issue.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
be faster?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can't be there for all rare spawns.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This exact same thing happened with Isle of Thunder, nothing was changed, expect more of the same. I have been camping a few rares for the achievement. Most don't even get announced on my realm.

Some rares on this island don't seem to have the same scaling health with more people hitting them, though. Or it could be that it's capped and people do too much damage.
Reply Quote
39 Night Elf Druid
Actually I feel instead of a immunity just double their hp or so, I mean most are soloable.

And what I mean I was 5 Seconds from being able to get to Leafmender to hit him and he died before I even took 2 steps. now if he had more hp I could make it, as it happens now i'm forced to camp in-between both trees and pray i'm fast enough, such for many rares.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
Learn where they spawn and hang around, there's stuff to do around nearly every spawn.

The patch hasn't even been out a full week yet, give it time and the population on the island will go down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would be ok with increased health as a solution as well. Something, anything that helps the problem. Camping is not fun, and some of the mobs have more than one spawn location making this strategy only a partial solution. I really didn't think this was as much of a problem with the Island of Thunder mobs. The health scaled and there were fewer rare spawns.

After the initial quests, it seems like the Timeless Island activities are boiled down to either grinding rep or killing rare spawns, and the latter of the two can be extremely frustrating.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just wait a month when the place is a ghost town, you'll kill em all you want.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
This may have been suggested... but here goes.

I know you all have probably been experiencing the same frustration as I have with the rare spawns on the Timeless Island. By the time someone says "Rare mob X is up" its already too late to get there and get a tag in on the kill. Currently the only way to get in on a rare mob is either 1. Be lucky, or 2. Camp.

Other games I have played give rare spawns an initial immunity timer to alleviate this issue. Make the spawn immune to damage for say 60-90 seconds after it spawns to give people a chance to get to its area. Its unfortunate that we cannot rely on common courtesy to fix this problem. Since we cannot I am in favor of forcing the issue.

Thanks

The problem does not lie in letting more people get there to "tag the kill". It's the opposite - the rares should be closed-tagged, so only the tagging group gets access to credit and loot from it.

Rares have lost all meaning, and this would bring some of it back.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Actually tagging does not exist on pandaria .. raiders wouldn't know about that but questers do

even if a mob is being attacked by another faction you can attack it to and you both get credit .. however most questers are considerate and will wait for the other person to be finished.

but on rares anyone can attack them and get awards .. and the awards seem to be faction based as in if ur the only horde attacking and the rest are ally you get ALL the horde awards .. just something I have noticed over time questing and killing rares in pandaria

and if you have been listening to the Pandarians they keep pushing that the horde and the alliance should work together .. maybe cause they know what is coming

Instances don't apply by their nature
Edited by Rezawk on 9/17/2013 7:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This exact same thing happened with Isle of Thunder, nothing was changed, expect more of the same. I have been camping a few rares for the achievement. Most don't even get announced on my realm.

Some rares on this island don't seem to have the same scaling health with more people hitting them, though. Or it could be that it's capped and people do too much damage.

Isle of Thunder Rares didn't have a host of 2% item drops which are required for an achievement. At least once I had killed all the Isle of Thunder Rares, the only reason to re-kill a rare was a little boost in valor, and the loot on the mob didn't disappoint players most of the time due to a failure to drop their item.

Also, the scaling on MOST of the rares is weaker than Isle of Thunder relative to gear levels. Their initial HP is also significantly lower on a number of them relative to gear levels now. One person staggering across an Isle of Thunder Rare still tended to take a while to whittle it down. You had much longer to get there, even if you might not make it.

On the Timeless Isle, one guy staggering across Spirit of Jadefire or Monstrous Spineclaw and those rares can be dead within 15 seconds without any shout-out given.
Reply Quote
Im sure before too long someone will come up with a addon that can predict the spawn rates and locations of the rares. May just take a while.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I have found that the most "common rares" are not even worth running for anymore. The elite mobs drop more coins then them for the most part. In all honestly, I am not even sure why people line up in the hundreds for Huolon. Another mount. Really? I have tons and can only ride one. Soon I am sure it will be the Sky Golem, as I can mine in it and swim / fly / be Ironman.

The boat and Evermaw seem to consistently give a good amount of coins (hundreds), with Huolon and Flame Yak guy being a bit buggy and sometimes no loot available (which I am sure they are aware of and fixing).

If you come across a rare, good stuff, get a few coins and a ton of help killing it fast. If you don't come across a rare, well, no worries, no big loss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]