Timeless Isle Gear

(Locked)

90 Orc Death Knight
Is it just me or does anyone else think the drop rate for the 496 Timeless gear needs a big nerf as far as drop rate is concerned. I know people who are farming these to no end just to d/e them. Does the devs really think that at a drop rate of over 10 an hour really needed to be implemented?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its fine, its a catchup mechanic and its last major patch of the expansion.

There are other issues with the Isle that needs to be fixed though.
100 Human Warlock
I didn't play during Cata but like every last content patch of every expansion the epic crystals have become worthless one way or another. Sometimes a lot sooner.

I'm ok with this. It'll all be meaningless in a couple months anyways.
100 Goblin Shaman
All these heroic geared players facerolling everyone is a bigger problem.
87 Tauren Druid
Far as I know, the 496 gear DEs into Sha Crystal SHARDS. Meaning, you need multiple shards to make one Crystal.

Seems fair to me.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Is it just me or does anyone else think the drop rate for the 496 Timeless gear needs a big nerf as far as drop rate is concerned. I know people who are farming these to no end just to d/e them. Does the devs really think that at a drop rate of over 10 an hour really needed to be implemented?

The point of the timeless isle is to be a quick catch up for people so they can see the last tier of content. Instead of nerfing the droprate, just make it so timeless isle gear can't be DE'd.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Far as I know, the 496 gear DEs into Sha Crystal SHARDS. Meaning, you need multiple shards to make one Crystal.

Seems fair to me.
I have a lot of sha crystals in my bag that says otherwise. Did they change it?
90 Draenei Monk

Seems fair to me.

Nope, it's definitely crystals. My mage has about 100 of them now.
100 Pandaren Warrior
It's a catch up mechanic. They stated it long before the patch. It's a good way to gear alts too.
No, not until I get the leather and plate chest piece and trinkets for all my alts...then you may proceed with your silly nerfs because we know when people are having fun it is needed.
90 Worgen Mage

Seems fair to me.

The 489s that you can now buy from vendors for JP turn into shards. The 496s turn into full crystals.
100 Draenei Hunter
My priest is an enchanter, and I send all my cloth ones over there.

Gotten a lot of crystals so far, in fact I have gotten 2 sha crystals more frequently than usual... though that is most likely RNG working for me.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Its fine, its a catchup mechanic and its last major patch of the expansion.

There are other issues with the Isle that needs to be fixed though.

I don't see how this could be the last major content before the next xpac. I am guessing we have at least 8-12 months before the next x-pac.
90 Tauren Death Knight
For the love of all that is holy please no. My luck with the RNG sucks as it is, hell I'm still running ilvl 450 and 463 trinkets despite doing lfr for weeks now.

This is the best thing to happen to me since getting my first mount.
95 Human Paladin
The plentiful drops aren't an issue...they are just to catch alts up. The way it is so easy to accidentally go PVP when trying to kill elites is a problem, though.
90 Orc Death Knight
Nope, it's definitely crystals. My mage has about 100 of them now.

This is my issue. What in the heck does a person need 100 drops = 100 shards. That is just stupidity.
90 Night Elf Druid
Make the Timeless gear give shards instead of crystals /done

Though, the prices of crystals dropping because of this is really nice
Edited by Alzar on 9/14/2013 12:20 AM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
Make the Timeless gear give shards instead of crystals /done

Though, the prices of crystals dropping because of this is really nice

Says the guy who can't even gem his character correctly.
90 Night Elf Mage
NO, THE DROP RATE IS *****FINE*****.

I AM NOT TAKING ALL MY ALTS THROUGH MoP LFR 9 BILLION TIMES TO GET USELESS POINTLESS GEAR IN THE QUEST TO MoP ENDGAME CONTENT.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I WONT DO IT.
90 Orc Death Knight
NO, THE DROP RATE IS *****FINE*****.

I AM NOT TAKING ALL MY ALTS THROUGH MoP LFR 9 BILLION TIMES TO GET USELESS POINTLESS GEAR IN THE QUEST TO MoP ENDGAME CONTENT.

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO I WONT DO IT.

All I heard was someone whining how they don't want to play the game so they cry for freebies. Seriously people if you don't want to gear out 9 characters don't make 9 characters. There is no reason for you to on 1 character be able to get 100 epic drops in a single day.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]