Redbelly Mandarin location

75 Tauren Warrior
Ok, since the 5.4 patch, I am no longer able to find the redbelly mandarin, I know they put the jewel d. in the timeless isle, but what about the Redbelly Mandarin?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Ok, since the 5.4 patch, I am no longer able to find the redbelly mandarin, I know they put the jewel d. in the timeless isle, but what about the Redbelly Mandarin?

Wowhead shows some spots in Townlong steppes....
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
There is a really good lake in Townlong that has pools of Rebelly and pools of Salmon. Makes your casters happy too.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
You can still catch them in open water in inland Jade Forest. Amongst all the other random fish.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
You can buy bags of 5 Redbelly Mandair from the provisions guy at Halfhill Market for the tokens.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Just another thing blizzard didn't quite think out.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/21/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Azrielsc

I don't think you read the other posts - those fishies pools are always there in Townlong Steppes. May come up as a daily, iono haven't done those lately. If so, you'll get tons at once.

They thought things out.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I haven't been able to find the pools in Townlong Stepps.
Reply Quote
I found plenty just north of the Niuzao Temple. There's a pond/lake/small-ish body of water there with four pools of fish, always*. With water walking it's really simple to walk between the pools and not have to fight anything nearby.

You may need to fish up the emperor salmon pools for the redbelly to appear, though.

Edit to add: * "always" not guaranteed, but I fished up about 100 redbelly mandarin and never saw fewer than four pools. Once one pool was fished out, another respawned immediately -- though it may be at the other end of the lake.
Edited by Qazzi on 12/26/2013 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
12/26/2013 12:28 PMPosted by Arri
I haven't been able to find the pools in Townlong Stepps.

It's just the one lake Qazzi described. It's the one with the pet trainer (turn on that icon on world map as a guide if you can't figure it out).

If you haven't explored the zone, the area may be all browned out.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
Having the raft from the anglers is a bonus there since there are random npcs roaming around the area. Fly NW from Nizhao Temple and you will happen upon it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
You can buy bags of 5 Redbelly Mandair from the provisions guy at Halfhill Market for the tokens.

Not really a good trade in my opinion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
12/30/2013 11:52 AMPosted by Sorelai

Not really a good trade in my opinion.

I thought so at first, but the pools are VERY sparse and I have piled up quite a few tokens, so I have done that to get enough for 3 more toons to max cooking. That was much easier than fishing for them and the price of black pepper, soy sauce and the other one are fairly low.
Reply Quote
I've only found redbelly pools to be very sparse if people skip all the salmon.

Given a chance between a pool being redbelly and salmon when it appears, and people skipping the salmon... eventually you won't have any pools of redbelly, just salmon all over the place.

But I can fish up five redbelly far faster than I can get an Ironpaw token, even if I do have to fish out some salmon pools. I'd much rather use my tokens for things I can't get elsewhere, like the black pepper and soy sauce (that I'm not about to pay hundreds of gold for).
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I've only found redbelly pools to be very sparse if people skip all the salmon.

I generally only find pools of salmon there, clearly people have already done that.

But I can fish up five redbelly far faster than I can get an Ironpaw token

Except when you have piled them up across an army of alts.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
As stated above, you can find the Redbelly in the lake N of Niuzzao Temple. If you fish the salmon pools, the redbelly pools will start spawning. There are not as many as the salmon, but you can get what you need for leveling your cooking .
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Each school node has a chance to spawn two different school types. People only fish the one they need, and this gradually makes them disappear, as only half respawn with the wanted fish, each time. If you think you're in the right place but can't find the fish you want, fish out a few pools. About half of them should respawn the kind you want.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I found that the river in the south is the best chance. It sucks to farm these, but it souldn't take ore than an hour to get 3 stacks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just wait for the Daily secret fishing spot to be Red Belly Mandarin. It's not worth it looking for them specifically outside of those days I've found.
Reply Quote
11/21/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Vixie
11/21/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Azrielsc

I don't think you read the other posts - those fishies pools are always there in Townlong Steppes. May come up as a daily, iono haven't done those lately. If so, you'll get tons at once.

They thought things out.

No they didn't think things out.

I've been to Townlong Steppes and I found 1 pool. I went to The Jade Forest 1 found 0 pools.

01/18/2014 10:09 PMPosted by Reikisoul
As stated above, you can find the Redbelly in the lake N of Niuzzao Temple. If you fish the salmon pools, the redbelly pools will start spawning. There are not as many as the salmon, but you can get what you need for leveling your cooking .

They may have been there at one time but no longer. There were 4 pools of salmon and ZERO pools of Redbelly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]