Ret 5.4 SoO Boss Tips

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm looking for additional information, insight, and tips for the SoO content as a Ret. Currently the Icy Veins suggestions only go up to Sha. Well I've killed up to him already, so looking for info on the rest.

Please drop helpful links or tips of your own if you downed the content last week. Please let me know what boss you were on, what your responsibility essentially was, and what the tips were (talent, glyph, strat).

For example:
Ret is idea for handling/burning adds during Norushen, and not portal hopping, largely because of the Glyph of Inquisition Change and Glyph of Double Jeopardy. Holy Prism over LH and ES was also largely more effective in this endeavor.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Clemency is really good on Iron Juggernaut. You can BoP yourself and eat two mines if you're fast or they are in relatively close proximity. It's actually fairly helpful, especially during AoE damage phase.

Devotion aura and BoP will prevent the silencing portion of Thoks AoE interrupt, really good to use on healers to extend the first phase as long as possible.

That's all I remember off hand.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
LH seemed pretty strong on the first four - Immerseus to slow and damage adds, Protectors to help heal/damage during stack phases, and Sha for the adds. Norushen, I felt ES was better than LH as it was pretty much all ST burn.

I disagree with sitting out of Norushen's portal world; there are still adds there if you want to abuse Inq glyph, and it gives a damage buff which helps in spiking down the Amalgamation if you have burst CDs ready whenever your turn comes up. Honestly, I'd say Ret should be first into the portal for that very reason, so that you can come out swinging with all CD's ready to go immediately. Could go second if you have an Evil Eye of Galakras as GoAK may be back up by then.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am looking forward to trying SoO. If even on RF for now.

I have only had a few attempts on Immerseus in flex, but so far so good!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Divine purpose and divine storm as hard as you can't imagining how divine purpose + new 4 piece will rock everything.

Spin to win!

Welcome back t11.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
Welcome back t11.

Off by about five levels. :p
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Divine purpose and divine storm as hard as you can't imagining how divine purpose + new 4 piece will rock everything.

Spin to win!

After our server came back up last night, we went 10man to do Garrosh( we raid 25man.)

After a couple attempts, I switch over to DP+LH

Ill just say that, DP was clearly the winner in damage. Would hit 600k+ in p1 :D
I did feel like Wrath again, with so much divine storm.

We got him into the last phase, but since the servers were not up till very later a few of our raiders had to log.

I believe we will get him this week.
DP for Garrosh looks solid, LH losses a bit of its dps strength after the first phase, BUT still very useful especially for the stacking WW blade.(more for 10man) Dont think it will matter on 25man.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
Lobster, how did you guys handle the towers on Galakras? Would it be possible for a Ret to solo the first tower? Krugruk's moves don't look particularly devastating, but that's a good chunk of HP to have to burn down.
Edited by Grôgnárd on 9/17/2013 4:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Lobster, how did you guys handle the towers on Galakras? Would it be possible for a Ret to solo the first tower? Krugruk's moves don't look particularly devastating, but that's a good chunk of HP to have to burn down.

Not on normal, the slam does about 100k. It's not that hard on the ground group for 4 people to split off, though having a paladin do the cannon is good so they can just bubble and jump off without having to be healed.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
09/17/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Solviras
Not on normal

Not even on Flex, either, apparently. Spent about an hour wiping on that last night, though less from tower problems more from being swarmed by adds. Apparently doing towers wrong, though, so may have a better time of it when next we try.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

You shouldn't be trying to solo it anyway. Best for you to stay down and tend to adds.
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Paladin
You shouldn't be trying to solo it anyway. Best for you to stay down and tend to adds.

Yeah, discovered that last night. The top might be soloable by a Ret (at least in Flex), but the trash at the bottom most defintiely is not. RL decided to put me and one of the other top DPS on tower duty last night, but we're gonna have to change that up next time we attempt that wing as adds got to be far too much of a hassle.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
for iron jug get the glyph of hand of sac its a nice back up to have incase your out of bop on yourself and your offtank wants to take a few more saved a wipe last night and last week
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8hIr2t_YiE

pretty !@#$ty first video not going to lie i was nervous but check it out im going to do another one real soon with more in depth explanation and more prepared also aoe rotation and some SoO ret pally POV. Comment gives suggestions anything really will help alot and make sure to subscribe like i said first %^-*ty video it will be much better and more informative thanks guys.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Spoils: think I used LH/Mass Exo. It's a weird gauntlet fight so just pay attention to whatever add you're on. Kill monks, kill urns.

Just thought i'd add that qlyph of inq is pretty useful here too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]