What are the best breeds for the 5.4 pets?

6 Night Elf Rogue
I'm not 100% sure if all of these come in multiple breeds or not, but according to my addon they do.

Ashwing Moth
Flamering Moth
Skywisp Moth
Ashleaf Spriteling
Ruby Droplet
Death Adder Hatchling
Skunky Alemental
Spineclaw Crab
Gulp Froglet
Swarmling of Gu'chi
Jademist Dancer
Azure Crane Chick
Bonkers
Moon Moon

Blackfuse Bombling
Droplet of Y'Shaarj
Gooey Sha-ling
Kovok
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Rogue
Anyone?
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
i asked specifically about skywisp moth earlier and it seems P/S is the breed for that. i think H/S for ruby droplet and s/s for bonkers
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
For the three moths, it tends to be P/S.

Spriteling - Not really sure. His moveset is strange and doesn't exactly cater to one side or the other.

Ruby Droplet - There could be some debate about this, but I still stand by the fact that you want to avoid any speed ties because he is cooldown based. H/B gives the least common speed tier. Stats really make little difference though, all will be good in the hands of a great player.

Death Adder - S/S. 341 speed basically means, with blinding poison, he keeps targets at bay 50% of the time. Blinding Poison on a fast pet is so, so powerful.

Skunky Alemental - One of the most interesting movesets, but, again, there are arguments for breeds. I actually think Speed has an argument because he is a trapper, or HH because less damage = more time for explosive brew to get the knockout if they are stuck inside.

Spineclaw Crab - Either one. Because power doesn't give him extra survivability like the emperor crab all that much, you could argue for health, otherwise he is a bit frail. His moveset is very basic, very strong.

Gulp Froglet - I find this pet basically useless, so anything will do.

Gu'chi - Honestly, chew/swarm is basically independent of speed. Go with H/H.

Jademist Dancer - I prefer S/S...the damage output under the effects of the buff is geyser is lined up before hand is outrageous. This is somewhat independent of speed also, though. So you could argue H/S or P/S here.

Azure Crane Chick - As with every flyer ever, PP is the way to go. Priority move, speed buff above 50%.

Moon Moon - Faster is better.

Blackfuse - Effective in any build, whether you use explode or Armageddon is dependent on his build, generally speaking.

Y'shaarj - PP/PS...he is pretty self-sustaining overall.

Gooey - Any of the 3 pure specs are good here, depending on what you want to do

Kovok - On the PTR, I personally loved him as HH. It gave him great bulk since his moves already do tons of damage. However, since his moves do tons, he scales hilariously with power. So this is up to you.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Just occurred to me, why is a Death Adder better than a common S/S Grassland Cottontail? The rabbit has dodge, burrow, more HP, the same power, and still has 325 speed.

Um...what?

I don't mean to be rude but this comparison comes WAY out of left field. The only similarity I see between them is that they both get burrow along with a secondary damage-reducing ability (Crouch and Dodge respectively) but the death adder will not be using either of those moves nine times out of ten because the combination of Blinding Poison and Puncture Wound is so great. So they really can't be compared because they do totally different things

@Yijiao
I agree with most of the breed choices, but how does a speed tie negatively affect the cooldowns of the droplet's moves? Because as I see it, whether the droplet moves first or last, the cooldown ticks down the same doesn't it?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Oh I thought you guys wanted Death Adder for survival.
That being said, Puncture Wound will do 592 every three rounds while a Flurry going first will do 420 every turn (and needs no setup to do so) and Burrow does 540 with a 1 turn longer cd than Blinding Poison while acting as another dodge so despite my mistaken assumption I'm still missing something it seems.

Death Adder really doesn't seem to be anything special.

Flurry doesn't do 420 every turn. It does 280 or 420 if you go first. Burrow has bad accuracy. Besides, 341 speed vs. 325 in pvp is huge. Lots of pets that are common will hit 325 or 333 speed tiers.

As for why speed ties negatively affecting Droplet, his CDs need to land for him to perform well. A 289 or 260 speed is a common tier. There are scenarios where drain blood will be less effective if you end up going first when you prefer 2nd, or abilities not landing if you go 2nd when you needed to go first. I just think 273 gives you the option of the greatest chance your order is guaranteed.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Rogue
For the three moths, it tends to be P/S.

Spriteling - Not really sure. His moveset is strange and doesn't exactly cater to one side or the other.

Ruby Droplet - There could be some debate about this, but I still stand by the fact that you want to avoid any speed ties because he is cooldown based. H/B gives the least common speed tier. Stats really make little difference though, all will be good in the hands of a great player.

Death Adder - S/S. 341 speed basically means, with blinding poison, he keeps targets at bay 50% of the time. Blinding Poison on a fast pet is so, so powerful.

Skunky Alemental - One of the most interesting movesets, but, again, there are arguments for breeds. I actually think Speed has an argument because he is a trapper, or HH because less damage = more time for explosive brew to get the knockout if they are stuck inside.

Spineclaw Crab - Either one. Because power doesn't give him extra survivability like the emperor crab all that much, you could argue for health, otherwise he is a bit frail. His moveset is very basic, very strong.

Gulp Froglet - I find this pet basically useless, so anything will do.

Gu'chi - Honestly, chew/swarm is basically independent of speed. Go with H/H.

Jademist Dancer - I prefer S/S...the damage output under the effects of the buff is geyser is lined up before hand is outrageous. This is somewhat independent of speed also, though. So you could argue H/S or P/S here.

Azure Crane Chick - As with every flyer ever, PP is the way to go. Priority move, speed buff above 50%.

Moon Moon - Faster is better.

Blackfuse - Effective in any build, whether you use explode or Armageddon is dependent on his build, generally speaking.

Y'shaarj - PP/PS...he is pretty self-sustaining overall.

Gooey - Any of the 3 pure specs are good here, depending on what you want to do

Kovok - On the PTR, I personally loved him as HH. It gave him great bulk since his moves already do tons of damage. However, since his moves do tons, he scales hilariously with power. So this is up to you.

Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]