Proving Grounds - Endless Healing

90 Troll Priest
It seems with the hotfix that Proving Grounds were buffed. Unfortunately, after I got gold the first day I didn't do endless and now feel like I have missed my chance to get the title.

The RNG of the place drives me mad.

-Same person getting pyroed/fireballed over and over
-NPCs standing in the fire, then proceeding to run through the fire to get the mobs, rather than going around it
-Chomp going on someone that the bomb just exploded on
-Bomb going off the same time as a pyro/fireball
-Chomp going on tank, and even if you get him above 90% for a split second, chomp not going off because the game didn't register it and he dipped back down
-Crucial mobs not dieing before the next wave
-Tank dieing after a heal/cd lands. (IE lifeswap=>JK STILL DEAD)

I consider myself a competent healer, but I cannot, for the life of me, get past wave 9. The Fire guys from wave 8 are still alive so people are getting fireballed, aquabombed, chomped, and sonic blasted all at once.

I usually go in with ~30% mana, but even saving my raid CD (Hymnn) it isn't enough....now I understand I might not be as good as I think but some of this just doesn't seem avoidable.

Oh the mage drives me crazy. "QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!!!!!!".........-.-.......................-.-...................
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I was looking forward to this since the PTR. Right now it's a test of endurance and futility more than fun. I feel like a masochist.

Day one druid got to the 28-29th wave. I should have finished it then. Broken as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Day one druid got to the 28-29th wave. I should have finished it then. Broken as hell.

Did they say what the hotfix was, specifically? I also got to 29 the first day, and haven't gotten past 15 since. Could just be bad luck or poor performance, though.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Day one I was getting to lvl 25, and I didn't even realize I could drink every 10 waves. But now, the dps is so slow that all the waves blend together. Even if you get up to wave 11, you aren't even able to drink since you're dealing with all the carryover.

Also, drums of rage need to be useable here. The mage always picks the dumbest times to bloodlust.

I thought Day 1 was pretty well balanced. It was do-able, but you had to practice a little bit, and learn the best approach for each wave.
Edited by Checkors on 9/14/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
On a positive note, I just got silver tank on this toon. Yay me!
Edited by Vishtara on 9/14/2013 1:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just let us start from our latest achievement point (i.e. 10th, 20th, 30th wave etc.). It would make wiping to RNG less frustrating, and would certainly save a lot of time.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Right now, PG is not a fun challenge. It is a trial in endurance and being able to carry morons through extreme circumstances. Reminds me of LFR healing to a certain extent. Is that the point? :p
Reply Quote
They certainly got very hard since the hotfix broke DPS. It went from being a true test of your healing triage and responsiveness skills to a game of RNG praying. I can get to wave 36 without much issues despite the DPS problems, but I could not imagine doing things on my Priest with the lack of interrupts and stuns.

The best you can do to avoid some issues is use Void Tendrils on adds as the firecasters and vermin will pick them as targets for their attacks. They do not finish casting their Fireballs/Burrows, but they will keep target swapping and, with luck, they'll target the tendrils constantly and thus reduce the damage influx. It works that way for Shaman with Totemic Encirclement.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
They certainly got very hard since the hotfix broke DPS. It went from being a true test of your healing triage and responsiveness skills to a game of RNG praying. I can get to wave 36 without much issues despite the DPS problems, but I could not imagine doing things on my Priest with the lack of interrupts and stuns.

The best you can do to avoid some issues is use Void Tendrils on adds as the firecasters and vermin will pick them as targets for their attacks. They do not finish casting their Fireballs/Burrows, but they will keep target swapping and, with luck, they'll target the tendrils constantly and thus reduce the damage influx. It works that way for Shaman with Totemic Encirclement.

Ty for this I was told this earlier but completely forgot. :D I made it to the heroism on wave 10, but mobs from wave 8 and 9 were still up. Burrowers, enrage mogus, aqua bombs, and hive singers just seems beyond my capabilities to heal through....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I wouldn't mind it so much if they would just let us start from our latest achievement point (i.e. 10th, 20th, 30th wave etc.). It would make wiping to RNG less frustrating, and would certainly save a lot of time.

agreed i spent probably 12 hours of my life wasted to a mage getting 1 shot over and over at wave 28.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I think I will settle for wave 11. It has to be bugged, the mobs don't die and you can't drink after 10 unless you dps, which isn't viable for all classes.
Reply Quote
I honestly think I'm done with this. I walked in (post-hotfix, didn't have time to do it before the hotfix), and got silver right off the bat. But I've hit a brick wall with gold, and I don't think it's going to be possible with my class and gear. I know ilvl doesn't matter, but stats do...shaman mastery is worthless in there, and you need a HEAVY amount of spirit.

This and flex raiding was what was supposed to hold my interest in this game until Elder Scrolls Online came out, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to lose interest in WOW entirely, because I don't really care about the timeless isle (it's not fun at all).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I honestly think I'm done with this. I walked in (post-hotfix, didn't have time to do it before the hotfix), and got silver right off the bat. But I've hit a brick wall with gold, and I don't think it's going to be possible with my class and gear. I know ilvl doesn't matter, but stats do...shaman mastery is worthless in there, and you need a HEAVY amount of spirit.

This and flex raiding was what was supposed to hold my interest in this game until Elder Scrolls Online came out, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to lose interest in WOW entirely, because I don't really care about the timeless isle (it's not fun at all).

Post-hotfix, gold is hard, endless-10 is very hard (yes, RNG hates you), endless-20 is impossible because you will go OOM long before then, and endless-30 (and the title) is something you can forget about until this idiocy is fixed.
Reply Quote
I know ilvl doesn't matter, but stats do...shaman mastery is worthless in there, and you need a HEAVY amount of spirit.

Wat.

Our Mastery is GREAT for this. We are one of the best triage-oriented healers, next to druids. Mastery is what lets me keep the tank alive when he's getting wrecked because his Shield Wall is on CD as well as bring DPS from 30% to full in a HS+RT when necessary. I'm running 5.7k Spirit and Gold is not a problem mana-wise, and I can reach wave 36 on Endless and had reached 44 pre-hotfix. We have so many ways to maximize efficiency it is silly, and Mastery further helps us on that regard.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Ok seriously, the mage dies at 25% sometimes. WHYYYY??? 25% =/= dead.

Got past wave 10, dpsing my heart out, and couldnt drink even then. Had to sit and regen and couldnt get over 20% mana doing the bare minimum till wave 15. Furthest I got tonight was wave 20 but I got overwhelmed and the tank got his face smashed in by conquerors. If I was able to drink (I did dps dammit) then I could have made it. Maybe.

Assuming the mage didn't call out that she was dead @ 50% health or something random like that.

Like...

Why Blizz, why?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
And I actually saw the mage STAND in fire. Like... just stand there till it disappeared.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Assuming the mage didn't call out that she was dead @ 50% health

QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/14/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Bumrushed
Assuming the mage didn't call out that she was dead @ 50% health

QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!

Lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
RNG element of endless is out of control. There's simply nothing fun or challenging about spending countless hours waiting for RNG to line up in your favour. This was a concern that was voiced pretty heavily during PTR, but it seems such feedback was ignored.
Edited by Charity on 9/14/2013 9:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I'm mostly annoyed by the fact that the difficulty of an attempt is almost entirely determined by whether or not the tank gets the bleed.

Starting to think Healer Endless might be easier as a tank.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]