Proving Grounds - Endless Healing

I really dislike the tank more than other NPCs. He can go from doing an ok job to feeling like a gelatin and dropping like a rock even in waves without Large Conquerors. If he has Shield Wall on cooldown for the Conqueror waves, you can kiss your mana bar goodbye.

Starting to think Healer Endless might be easier as a tank.

I did some tries tonight swapping to Rockbiter weapon for taunting with Unleash Elements to see if I could make tank damage easier by kiting some adds. Most adds are either immune to taunt, or the tank will charge-stun the ones I do get to taunt. :(
Edited by Korghal on 9/14/2013 11:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That sucks :(

I'm currently failing at Doing It Wrong(tm). Any suggestions for Holy on tank trials?
Edited by Kaels on 9/14/2013 11:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/14/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Bumrushed
Assuming the mage didn't call out that she was dead @ 50% health

QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!

I really want to kill her when she says things like that. :-\
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 11:09 PMPosted by Tiriel

QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!

I really want to kill her when she says things like that. :-\

My favorite so far is me sitting at 70% and dying in a second from double burrow+bleed. "DID YOU FORGET TO HEAL YOURSELF?".
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I'm currently failing at Doing It Wrong(tm). Any suggestions for Holy on tank trials?

Fear is your friend. Pop psy scream when little dudes come to you and then use psyfiend. Stay as a healer in serenity since the healer does so much more dmg than you =/ I was able to keep the mobs running in horror easily until each wave was over till silver and the healer burned them down. Plus psy scream and fiend force the mobs to run through lava, it's beautiful. Voidshift when the healer is about to eat it and then desperate prayer+binding heal. Mana was of no concern. I didn't dps on my successful run, and forced her to tank.

Priest fear is op in tanking PG's lol, well at least for the doing it wrong cheeve.

I got tanking silver on this toon in less time than the dps trials.
Edited by Vishtara on 9/14/2013 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
My favorite so far is me sitting at 70% and dying in a second from double burrow+bleed. "DID YOU FORGET TO HEAL YOURSELF?".

This makes me rage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Certainly easier to red chakra your way through the silver DPS trial if the achievement is all you're after.
Edited by Charity on 9/14/2013 11:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I just tried to get through that achievment and wave 5 I had 15 bleed stacked on me and the healer said; "I can't heal you through that much damage!, Did you forget to put your armor on?"
Reply Quote
17 Draenei Shaman
I honestly think I'm done with this. I walked in (post-hotfix, didn't have time to do it before the hotfix), and got silver right off the bat. But I've hit a brick wall with gold, and I don't think it's going to be possible with my class and gear. I know ilvl doesn't matter, but stats do...shaman mastery is worthless in there, and you need a HEAVY amount of spirit.

This and flex raiding was what was supposed to hold my interest in this game until Elder Scrolls Online came out, but it's looking more and more like I'm going to lose interest in WOW entirely, because I don't really care about the timeless isle (it's not fun at all).

I am a resto shaman and I have endless....only 11 waves but endless..yesterday. You can do it but I do hope you use all that you can...flask and food and even the soul stones the wee little warlock provides.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Certainly easier to red chakra your way through the silver DPS trial if the achievement is all you're after.

But I want the tank achi too, and I don't have a tank :(
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

Fear is your friend. Pop psy scream when little dudes come to you and then use psyfiend. Stay as a healer in serenity since the healer does so much more dmg than you =/ I was able to keep the mobs running in horror easily until each wave was over till silver and the healer burned them down. Plus psy scream and fiend force the mobs to run through lava, it's beautiful. Voidshift when the healer is about to eat it and then desperate prayer+binding heal. Mana was of no concern. I didn't dps on my successful run, and forced her to tank.

Priest fear is op in tanking PG's lol, well at least for the doing it wrong cheeve.

I got tanking silver on this toon in less time than the dps trials.

Oh sweet, I didn't even think of that because it didn't work in the healer PGs.
Reply Quote
Hey, isn't making sure some retard, who probably drools on the keyboard, survive until the end of the instance? They're not making proving grounds hard...they're making it realistic!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
halp

http://youtu.be/5A59RKviIYI

I can't get past this spot. Ever. I don't know what more I can do - I dump an entire mana bar in one wave and I still have people hovering at 10%.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Priest
halp

I can't get past this spot. Ever. I don't know what more I can do - I dump an entire mana bar in one wave and I still have people hovering at 10%.

That looks all too familiar. :\

You manage your mana way better than I do in the earlier waves, but like you said, some bad luck in one wave, and it all goes to hell very very quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Well before this change it seemed the highest monk in the world was still way behing most other classes except priest, and only slight ahead there. So if it's harder now I guess I'll never get close to the title.

I'm not really sure why they felt the need to make it harder in my opinion. It was brutal enough as it was for me to get gold. I tried endless a few times and barely made it past the fist few waves.
Edited by Ipwnwitfeet on 9/15/2013 8:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
halp

On the wave with the double Aquawhatevers, don't immediately dispel the first debuff that goes out. You want to prioritize the tank and rogue for dispel and let the other one go off on the ranged or you (lifegrip the ranged that doesn't get it so nobody gets hit in the AoE). Void Tendril the Ripper and Flamecaster on Wave 6, you spent quite a bit of mana getting the rogue back up after he got Fireballed chained on him. For Wave 8 wait until the Conqueror is almost dead (or even help kill it faster with Chastise if possible), run into the group of Flamecasters, AoE silence them and let them run towards the tank, then Void Tendril them on CD. The tank will shockwave the whole group of them periodically and there will be about 5-6 Tendrils up which cuts the group's chance of getting targeted by fireballs in half.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
halp

Don't feel bad. I get to that spot and the well runs dry too. I'm trying some different ideas on how to deal with it, but it seems like there's a good bit of luck involved with who gets debuffed.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Not sure why they hotfixed it to make the NPC dps inadequate.

There was already enough of a divide between the "haves" and the "have nots" regarding healing while dpsing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Put lightwell down, and then start the endless will reset the cd on lightwell, giving you two of them....Exploits are bad though so totally don't use it.

Edit: Also I think divine star is the best for these, the double heal plus low mana can get off the bleeds almost entirely by itself. If mage and hunter get bleed divine star will get them both up, and if not I can just PoM.

I also think mindbender is the best talent to go with if you use it on cd. You can use it on second wave to heal through hive singer and on all cd everytime after that...make sure it is always attacking though.

I think twist of fate might be better then DI too, but I heal almost entirely with heal and serenity so that could be why.
Edited by Bumrushed on 9/15/2013 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
ooo I was wondering why I was having so much trouble with gold. I didn't have time to try proving grounds until yesterday so I saw everybody with endless and here I am going "what am I doing wrong!"

they really need to wipe the times for endless if they're going to ninja-buff it :x

for holy: I had the best results using PoM glyph and Halo
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]