Proving Grounds - Endless Healing

90 Draenei Paladin
I was able to get to wave 29 post-hotfix and several times past 20, but yes, the RNG in this is absolutely ridiculous.

My favorite is when the rogue misses his interrupt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I was able to get to wave 29 post-hotfix and several times past 20, but yes, the RNG in this is absolutely ridiculous.

My favorite is when the rogue misses his interrupt.

no more fem dwarf?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find proving grounds to be zero fun. Just like I found challenge modes to be zero fun. Which is why I don't waste my time with them. PvP is something I quit long ago because it was perpetually mechanically broken/unbalanced. Some of the changes made to healing in general post-cata have been abysmal at best.

At times it feels as though they're more worried about the difficulty of the game than the enjoyability of it. In all honesty the game leaves much to be desired, especially if you'ved played it for a length of time. Raids are generally new models with old mechanics, rearranged in a different way. I'm strongly reconsidering the idea of going forward into the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
On the wave with the double Aquawhatevers, don't immediately dispel the first debuff that goes out. You want to prioritize the tank and rogue for dispel and let the other one go off on the ranged or you (lifegrip the ranged that doesn't get it so nobody gets hit in the AoE). Void Tendril the Ripper and Flamecaster on Wave 6, you spent quite a bit of mana getting the rogue back up after he got Fireballed chained on him. For Wave 8 wait until the Conqueror is almost dead (or even help kill it faster with Chastise if possible), run into the group of Flamecasters, AoE silence them and let them run towards the tank, then Void Tendril them on CD. The tank will shockwave the whole group of them periodically and there will be about 5-6 Tendrils up which cuts the group's chance of getting targeted by fireballs in half.

Thank you so much. Void Tendrils (and glyphing Renew) got me to wave 17.

I probably could have kept going if I'd had Smite on my bar to DPS during wave 10 so I could drink :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
x9 wave spawns. 2 flamecallers and 1 ripper still up from x8 waves. u can only stun/interrupt the singer so that long. if singer aoes during which a fireball lands on anyone, low health. If aoe hits with 2 fireballs land on someone, insta death.
rogue and mage didn't get on the singer and interrupt it yet coz they're still clearing those flamecallers from x8 wave. singer goes unchecked and does bijillion damage. at the same time if chomp happens on the tank, with aqualyte beating on him and songs going out, he's almost impossible to top up.
x0 wave spawns. singer and aqualyte are still alive. singer dies when conqueror enrages with flamecaller pyroblasting people. 2 aqualytes up at the same time, one from the previous wave, putting up 2 bubble debuffs at the same time.
During intermission, x0 wave is still not dead, lasting into wave x1.

CONCLUSION:
the difficulty comes with adds being still up from the previous wave. the DPS that the NPCs are doing is too low. i don't mind the earlier waves not being cleared up. but 2 EXTRA FLAMECALLERS for x9 waves and 1 SINGER 1 AQUALYTE extra for x0 waves is really really harsh.
Also, classes with more stuns, silences and interrupts have significantly easier time.
Edited by Artnouveaux on 9/15/2013 10:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
x9 wave spawns. 2 flamecallers and 1 ripper still up from x8 waves. u can only stun/interrupt the singer so that long. if singer aoes during which a fireball lands on anyone, low health. If aoe hits with 2 fireballs land on someone, insta death.
rogue and mage didn't get on the singer and interrupt it yet coz they're still clearing those flamecallers from x8 wave. singer goes unchecked and does bijillion damage. at the same time if chomp happens on the tank, with aqualyte beating on him and songs going out, he's almost impossible to top up.
x0 wave spawns. singer and aqualyte are still alive. singer dies when conqueror enrages with flamecaller pyroblasting people. 2 aqualytes up at the same time, one from the previous wave, putting up 2 bubble debuffs at the same time.
During intermission, x0 wave is still not dead, lasting into wave x1.

CONCLUSION:
the difficulty comes with adds being still up from the previous wave. the DPS that the NPCs are doing is too low. i don't mind the earlier waves not being cleared up. but 2 EXTRA FLAMECALLERS for x9 waves and 1 SINGER 1 AQUALYTE extra for x0 waves is really really harsh.
Also, classes with more stuns, silences and interrupts have significantly easier time.

It's bugged and extremely difficult for resto druid right now. I'm waiting for them to fix this before I go back in there. I'm tired of lvl 7 still being alive when lvl 8 spawns and then lvl 8 being alive when lvl 9 spawns. I don't have the cc to hope to handle this and with all this extra stuff alive there is little time to cc or provide any dps of your own (lol resto druid dps).

Lvl 8 is doing a crap load of damage to your party but is completely ignored while your dps focus on lvl 7 and 9 stuff instead of interrupting the fire casters. Not to mention the song aoe guy that ends up going unfocused and not interrupted.

This is ridiculous. I'd rather be doing attempts on heroic raid bosses than throwing myself at this bugged junk.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll be trying to push myself to E30 this week, even if it's bloody rough with said changes. On Tuesday I hit E10 late night, with going a couple more waves, lousing out due to tiredness and idiocy. From doing some attempts tonight, the mana situation is outrageous, compared to what it was. Even if it's difficult, you're not quite cutting the edge, are you? It's more the event pushing you off the cliff, before you get a start on anything.

I don't mind that the waves get harder, but allow me time to mana up in between the pulls (all I need is 8-10 seconds). Why I ask? Well, the NPCs like to stand in stuff and MWer's regen rate in it's current fashion, isn't all that great. You'll go oom trying to keep one up, if you're not careful of course. Why am I going up against harder waves with 40% mana?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
its kind of funny that the tank dies at 20% hp
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yeah, I had the mage die at 20% health yesterday. Her bar actually showed a nice chunk of health but -KABOOM-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I had my mage go from 70% to dead in 0.27 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
As I was telling my guildies, I would fire the NPC team. They're morons.

YOU SHOULD USE YOUR QUICK HEALS FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I had my mage go from 70% to dead in 0.27 seconds.

Sadly, extremely common =( I don't know how many times this has happened during my higher progressed attempts.

Even happened to me once.

"Oh what happened? DID YOU FORGET TO HEAL YOURSELF???? Hehehehehhehe"

/slap
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
DON'T FORGET TO HEAL SPEEDY
Edited by Rhianon on 9/16/2013 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Oh no, did you forget to INTERRUPT?

=|
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Oh no, did you forget to INTERRUPT?

=|

Ikr? Large flamecaster machine-gunning pyros into the same target non-stop and it's my fault they died? :[

I'm actually surprised the tank lacks an interrupt as well.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I managed to get to wave 28 as disc after about 2 hours of suffering through this (allegedly) bugged piece of poop. I seriously hope we get a blue response on whether the overlapping waves are intended.

I also do not understand why there is so much RNG involved - pyros killing NPCs in under a second is not testing my healing abilities.... it's not my fault priests don't have interrupts. Interesting enough, the mobs can be stunned, interrupted and silenced(?), but are immune to fear :S.
Edited by Valarotte on 9/16/2013 11:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Exactly, Val. Nothing about the current state of the PG tests my healing abilities. Pre-hotfix/glitch, I would say that the PG endless tested my mana management, triage and use of CD's...however, now it's just ALL OVER THE PLACE with the level of RNG and non-healing required to survive.
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 09:29 PMPosted by Bumrushed
Assuming the mage didn't call out that she was dead @ 50% health

QUICK HEALING SPELLS ARE BEST FOR EMERGENCIES LIKE THAT!

So is ICE BLOCK you stupid #$%#$ing mage!!!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
When NPCs die at 30%, it just means they got pyro'd for the remaining of their HP. Killing blows are prevented in proving grounds by resetting so you don't really see health dropping to 0.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]