Proving Grounds - Endless Healing

100 Goblin Shaman
zZq
This makes it sound like you're doing a different instance than the one I'm in... "spot heal as needed"? LOL.

Everything I've read says the mobs are already fully debuffed at all times by Xuen.

Ahh didn't realize they were debuffed. More damage either way, I suppose.

Most of my healing was UE-Healing rain, and riptide on damaged targets, with totem (recalling at last second) and Healing wave if needed. I'd use surges if it got crazy, but most of the healing was taken care of by HST and rain/riptide, and I'd keep dps up to kill adds faster + returning mana.

In general, the more damage you can put out, the less healing you'll need to do. Added bonus of having time to drink if needed after 10/20/30. I actually didn't have time to drink after wave 20, but it was the only time ending a 10th wave that I wasn't at full mana. I think I was about 80% at that point.

With totemic recall, it's free damage dropping a fire totem, and free healing from HST if you make sure to recall them before they naturally expire.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Now streaming an attempt at 100+ waves at http://www.twitch.tv/mutantduck

previous best 95

(no voice just game)

edit: no longer streaming, wiped on 94
Edited by Huppi on 9/24/2013 6:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
09/24/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Drownedelf
This makes it sound like you're doing a different instance than the one I'm in... "spot heal as needed"? LOL.

Most of my healing was UE-Healing rain, and riptide on damaged targets, with totem (recalling at last second) and Healing wave if needed. I'd use surges if it got crazy, but most of the healing was taken care of by HST and rain/riptide, and I'd keep dps up to kill adds faster + returning mana.

Appreciate the info, but this is so far from my experience that it makes my head asplode.

I do everything you suggest: use (unglyphed) Riptide on c/d, HST on c/d (and recall just before it despawns), UE+Healing Rain on c/d.

During calm moments, like Wave 1, sure, Healing Wave will be sufficient. But when Oto has a Conqueror or Aqualyte, or 3+ of anything else, on him, I can barely keep him alive by chain-spamming Tidal Waved GHW. If necessary, I'll switch to HS, but that is not sustainable.

On the tougher groups, typically he drops from full to ~30% almost instantly (i.e. because I'm not directly healing him while I drop totems, HR, put Flame Shock on something, interrupt, etc), and from that point my GHW's just keep him from dropping further unless one of them crits. If I have to switch to heal somebody else who's also low, there is a very real chance Oto is going down.

Wave 2 is not one of the more difficult waves, all in all, but Oto drops to 20% (or dies) by the time the first mob falls unless I use a c/d for it.

In general, the more damage you can put out, the less healing you'll need to do. Added bonus of having time to drink if needed after 10/20/30. I actually didn't have time to drink after wave 20, but it was the only time ending a 10th wave that I wasn't at full mana. I think I was about 80% at that point.

Generally popping Fire Elemental + Stormlash and doing some Flame Shock + LB damage, on the last wave 10 mob has been enough for me to be able to drink. I pretty much always start wave 1/11/21 at full mana.

After reading your earlier post, I tried switching to Telluric Currents and doing more damage. Oto was dead within seconds on Wave 2.

The way I see it, the primary benefit of DPSing is killing the first mob faster. On a number of waves, after one mob is down, you can stabilize with HW + HR + HST (yes, there are exceptions on the waves where the next wave spawns before everything is dead). But before the first mob dies is when the damage is highest, and people are at greatest risk of dying (i.e. when I NEED to heal the most).

Also hard to see how Conductivity could be a gain over Rushing Streams. I have very high uptime on HR, but it's still only like 15% of my healing in there. With Rushing Streams, HST is more than double that.

With totemic recall, it's free damage dropping a fire totem, and free healing from HST if you make sure to recall them before they naturally expire.

Yeah, I'm doing that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/25/2013 06:53 AMPosted by Rheeah
But when Oto has a Conqueror or Aqualyte, or 3+ of anything else,

Try using PE as your level 90 talent. When this happens pop your Earth Elemental and Reinforce. Helps a ton. Also worth waiting 8-10 seconds to drop your Capacitor Totem as Oto will shockwave about 4 seconds into each wave.

Personally i only used HR a few times throughout and did mostly spot healing with HW.
Edited by Harpoa on 9/25/2013 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Wave 2 is where I'd typically throw my earth elemental and carefully use my capacitor totem for greatest effect.

Also, I know it might seem like an "of course" statement, but use chain heal on group damage. That combined with a HST or Healing Tide makes picking up your group a lot easier.

Personally, I only dropped rain situationally. If the stars aligned, I'd throw it down, but cheal makes for a better go to area heal.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Now streaming attempt at 100+ waves at http://www.twitch.tv/mutantduck

Previous best: 95

(no voice just game)

edit: blah, messed up early, maybe tomorrow
Edited by Huppi on 9/25/2013 2:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Nerf druids please!

j/k Nice performance. :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Up to wave 55. Was a fraction of a second late on my HoJ on the mantid. AoE right as the conqueror enraged = dead tank.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
About to start my one attempt today at 100+ waves.. (streaming at http://www.twitch.tv/mutantduck)

edit: well that was an idiotic wipe :( done for today
Edited by Huppi on 9/26/2013 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Other than the obvious issues others have mentioned about worthless NPCs... I've had some bug like issues.

I've had both the mage and the tank just suddenly say they are dead and end the scenario, when they are at about 30% health. I have had the tank yell out that he is dying and can't last much longer when he is sitting at 90% health (and he was never low to begin with - not lag).

Also, since there are no real CC abilities for priests since the mobs are immune to fear for some unknown reason... I tried to use Leap of Faith on the tank to pull him away from the enraged add. It helps slightly, since he does just run right back in, but its like 2 seconds he isn't getting smashed in his non-cool down using face. HOWEVER, sometime Leap of Faith works and sometimes it does not. It always casts the effect, and puts it on cool down, but sometimes it does not pull the tank to me. Which I feel is a bug.

I'm not really sure how this place is supposed to test us as healers when we can't even use half our abilities blizzard gave to us to begin with. It's not just about spamming flash heal, it's a lot more than that, and then this "scenario" limits us from using our given abilities and forces us to use mana in-efficient means to heal really bad playing NPCs. Thank god I don't have to raid with these people. Wish you could vote kick them.

I wondered why they didn't make it so other people could watch like Brawlers Guild, because if a tank were to watch this NPC tanking they would learn all the wrong things and would probably quit the game from the amount of ridicule they would receive.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
I've had both the mage and the tank just suddenly say they are dead and end the scenario, when they are at about 30% health.

I've seen this a lot, as well as the situation where you have void swapped the tank and it doesn't matter.

I have had the tank yell out that he is dying and can't last much longer when he is sitting at 90% health (and he was never low to begin with - not lag).

This is because if it's off CD, he will use Shield Wall when a Conqueror enrages, no matter what his health level is. It's nice, especially if you're having to deal with something like a bite on another party member. =)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I finally got the title a few days ago after hours of wipes. It took about a week and a half of practicing and perfecting the techniques of interrupting and stunning certain adds on particular waves in order to finally complete wave 30. Just hang in there and keep practicing
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
09/26/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Tiakatt
I've had both the mage and the tank just suddenly say they are dead and end the scenario, when they are at about 30% health.

I've seen this a lot, as well as the situation where you have void swapped the tank and it doesn't matter.

I have had the tank yell out that he is dying and can't last much longer when he is sitting at 90% health (and he was never low to begin with - not lag).

This is because if it's off CD, he will use Shield Wall when a Conqueror enrages, no matter what his health level is. It's nice, especially if you're having to deal with something like a bite on another party member. =)

The 26th wave was a wall to me for a while too.

It may seem impossible right now, but you'll get it if you can make it that far. It's just a matter of perfecting the timing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Now streaming attempt at 110+ waves at http://www.twitch.tv/mutantduck

edit: done for now. got personal best, 10835
Edited by Huppi on 9/28/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I see all of these proving ground streams from over 10 days ago...but it seems much harder now. Was there a buff to healer proving grounds?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I see all of these proving ground streams from over 10 days ago...but it seems much harder now. Was there a buff to healer proving grounds?

I don't think it's gotten harder, just that a lot of people got their titles and/or got bored with PG. Going for high waves is daunting when it's an hour of sitting around to get to the challenging waves for some.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I got 36 waves on my resto druid in 476 boomkin pvp gear. It's super easy...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]