Best Hunter Pets:

85 Blood Elf Hunter
I love cats. Always have.

But I only have one as hunter pet. A unique rare named Duskstalker (whos item # shows a cloak for some reason).

This is because I have three Chimaera;

• The Evalcharr (named Evalcharr) (Who's item number doesn't work at all)
  • Norissis (item # not working)
  • Ronak (item # not working)
  • *Chimaera have the best pet animations that Ive seen yet
    and their breath weapon is just chilling (wish they could land though)*

I reckon, I should actually use the stable function, as I intend to start collecting up all of the unique rares (wonders if there's an achievement for that). But like being able to swap my three lovely Chimaera out on a whim for now.

So hunters; What are your favorite critters?

And what's up with WOW's item numbers being so haphazard?
    Edited by Arcurex on 9/13/2013 2:57 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Hunter
    Sporebat.

For the DPS.
    Reply Quote
    93 Night Elf Hunter
    I love the wolves and worgs. My favorite is Skoll in northrend, followed by a black wolf i picked up in the lvl 30's. I like the corehounds a bit too, followed by devilsaurs.
    Reply Quote
    100 Draenei Hunter
    And your pets aren't items...
    Reply Quote
    I can't really say anything about the best pet but when Kilaali reaches the Island of Giants he won't leave until a devilsaur is captured by his hands.
    Reply Quote
    90 Pandaren Monk
    My favorite pets on my Hunters right now, is the green Shale Spider, the blue Jormungar, Ghostcrawler, and the tan Silithid (the kind with the tiny wings that dances around).

I also like foxes though, and seagulls, and...
    Ok, so I like a lot of pets. So what?
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Warrior

I think you may have item numbers and NPC numbers mixed up.

My hunter prefers Spirit beasts. Back before MoP I had every spirit beast from Northrend and Cata in my stable.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Rogue
    Broken Tooth for that crazy attack speed, he locks down casters. You can also go with a ZG bat.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter

So is there a way to give em a lil hot link to disply like items?
    Or was the attempt folly form inception and WOW forums just can't handle that kind of thing?

Bats look cool as well as DPS BTW. Would be nice if flying pets could form up with flying mounts (thinking of the store bat mount).
    Edited by Arcurex on 9/13/2013 3:12 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    81 Dwarf Shaman
    Broken Tooth for that crazy attack speed, he locks down casters. You can also go with a ZG bat.

Ah, those were the days.

While the game is better now, some things have been lost that make me sad.
    Reply Quote
    100 Night Elf Druid
    If I could have things my way, I would much prefer to walk around with my felines. I do like the Spirit Beasts, though.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Priest
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Cathline/hunter-pet#50058

My hunter prefers cats. I have also become attached to the quillen for their battle rez ability. When I run LFR I take my Turtle (just in case he's needed) and 4 quillen's. I have gotten very good at battle rezzing tanks (or anyone else if needed) and switching out pets to be ready to do it again. Sadly I've been in a few groups lately where that's not enough to save us from stupidity.

I also have all the spirit beasts. Well I no longer have skoll, I released him to capture Deth'tilac. Had to have the pretty purple spider. lol. Anyway skoll (while being cool with the lightning) looks kind of mangy so he will not be retamed.

Challenge tames are also cool. Wish they would add more that you have to track to tame. That is so fun.
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter

My hunter prefers cats. I have also become attached to the quillen for their battle rez ability. When I run LFR I take my Turtle (just in case he's needed) and 4 quillen's. I have gotten very good at battle rezzing tanks (or anyone else if needed) and switching out pets to be ready to do it again. Sadly I've been in a few groups lately where that's not enough to save us from stupidity.

I also have all the spirit beasts. Well I no longer have skoll, I released him to capture Deth'tilac. Had to have the pretty purple spider. lol. Anyway skoll (while being cool with the lightning) looks kind of mangy so he will not be retamed.

Challenge tames are also cool. Wish they would add more that you have to track to tame. That is so fun.

That's a pretty hefty stable. Did you get an achievement for like all of the spirit beasts? Or does WOW actually not have an achievement for something (they seriously have an achievement for falling down).
    Reply Quote
    82 Draenei Hunter
    I love my dogs... they attack and kill everything for me, in fact I think they play better than I do! LOL
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    I love my dogs... they attack and kill everything for me, in fact I think they play better than I do! LOL

Yup yup.

I love watching my Chimaera kill stuff.
    Reply Quote
    I use my Devilsaurs when I feel like it. I even have mini RP backstories.

Sterling has a brother named Spalding. Sadly, Spalding kept dying to Heroic Spine of Deathwing repeatedly. He jumped off Deathwing's back in an act of stupidity. Stupid dino.

Sterling is a good dino and never let me down.

The Devilsaur brothers also have a cousin. His name is Fitzwilliam and he comes from the Isle of Giants. Fitzwilliam is greatly inspired by Oondasta and Epicus Maximus. I decided to take up engineering so that one day Fitzwilliam and I can build an epic laser weapon system and rule the world.

/crazy devilsaur guy
    Edited by Graphite on 9/13/2013 4:56 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    85 Blood Elf Hunter
    /crazy devilsaur guy

Can't dispute it.
    Reply Quote
    100 Blood Elf Priest

That's a pretty hefty stable. Did you get an achievement for like all of the spirit beasts? Or does WOW actually not have an achievement for something (they seriously have an achievement for falling down).

nope no achievements for any of that. I just go on taming sprees and see what I can nab.
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Warrior
    I'm getting my Worgen hunter a Black Widow right away.
    Reply Quote
    90 Worgen Hunter
    i favor wolves/dogs etc
    atm my fav is Karoma which i named after my 1st pet :<
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]