Gulp Frog

90 Human Hunter
Can anyone explain how I could be in fairly good health facing them 1 second and then dead the next? This is really frustrating, but I would like to know what mechanic I missed that allows for this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Why is a hunter in melee with the frogs?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Probably cause when their debuff reaches 10 stacks on you your dead. Thats just my guess.
Edited by Foreverhers on 9/14/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I dunno, but the same thing happened to me. That is the only thing on the Isle that has killed me so far. And quickly at that.
Reply Quote
Probably cause when their debuff reaches 10 stacks on you your dead. Thats just my guess.

This is exactly what it is. Target one and check out the buff it has.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I was on my paladin. I didn't know about the debuff. Can anything be done about that debuf or is it a "tough luck" if it gets too high? (I would look for it while fighting, but then I would die even faster.)

I avoid them on even my hunter in most cases as they tend to toast my pet fairly quickly. Plus multiples can show up really quick.
Edited by Flopsyhunt on 9/14/2013 9:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The poison lasts 4 seconds. Hammer them and run away when the stack gets too high and reset it.
Reply Quote
Yeah, it's the debuff.

I just want to know why they aren't tameable. I want me a froggy!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I wish they were tamable too as well as the snakes!
Reply Quote
44 Human Hunter
You could clense it off maybe?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
The debuff is short, just get away from them for long enough for it to wear off.

And seriously, if you actually have to LOOK to find a debuff, you really need to improve your UI.

I have debuffs appear as a HUGE icon, with stack counts on it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Say far away from them and use your cc's wisely. they're not as bad as those fire bulls
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
It's a magic effect and only Holy can remove magic nowadays.
The poison lasts 4 seconds. Hammer them and run away when the stack gets too high and reset it.
^
Stun it to reset the stacks. Divine Shield if things get really bad. Unless you're Prot they can usually be killed before you need to stun a second time. If you're Prot... well, I feel your pain.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I find the death adder more deadly.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
the only deadly are the ordos and fire elementals (to a extent on the last) fire elemental attacks can be avoided if you know the attack pattern.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I had not looked for the buff before because I didn't think about it the first time before I died and then I was always focused on killing it too quickly to stop and read it. The buff was likely on the screen, but I needed to mouse over it to see what it said.

That may make them much simpler if breaking contact is all that is needed.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
10 stacks of poison = instakill
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I was on my paladin. I didn't know about the debuff. Can anything be done about that debuf or is it a "tough luck" if it gets too high? (I would look for it while fighting, but then I would die even faster.)

I avoid them on even my hunter in most cases as they tend to toast my pet fairly quickly. Plus multiples can show up really quick.

You're a pally. Just bubble at 8 or 9 stacks. Once you hit 10 its too late.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
09/14/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Eliniel
It's a magic effect and only Holy can remove magic nowadays.
^
Stun it to reset the stacks. Divine Shield if things get really bad. Unless you're Prot they can usually be killed before you need to stun a second time. If you're Prot... well, I feel your pain.

Priests can't remove it. It isn't a magic effect. Maybe it can be removed using glyphed mass dispel but I doubt it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]