Timeless Isle? I think I'm doing it wrong

How do you play on Timeless Isle? This is not a troll post - I seriously do not have the hang of it.

What I do now is run in circles looking for spawns. I then try and jump on it before anyone else so I can get loot. People will call out that a rare has spawned but I can never get there in time.

So basically I am fighting other players for spawns. And that is not fun.

What do you do? Do you learn a few of a rare spawns and then camp them? Is there some trick to grinding that does not make me see every player as a competitor?

I love the concept but I am struggling with how to play it :)

ty
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Hi!

Do the quests, that's a biggie. When collecting epoch stones and killing the elites, it can be pretty tough considering the population of your server, but check general channel and I'm sure there are groups forming.

You'll learn the spots of the rares soon enough, and after a while you get a vague idea of the sort of mock rotation they go in.

Collect the chests!

Beat the Celestial!

Farm for pets, get all the fun gear, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
How do you play on Timeless Isle? This is not a troll post - I seriously do not have the hang of it.

What I do now is run in circles looking for spawns. I then try and jump on it before anyone else so I can get loot. People will call out that a rare has spawned but I can never get there in time.

What do you do? Do you learn a few of a rare spawns and then camp them? Is there some trick to grinding that does not make me see every player as a competitor?

ty

and check this link on MMO champ its a wonderful link to all the chests on the isle....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I run around the island constantly. Never stop moving!

Any Alliance I see I try to kill.

If I find a rare/event, I call it out and give people 1-2 minutes to get there before I attack/start it.

If someone calls out a rare/event I can get to in a reasonable amount of time (<30 seconds), I'll try to make it before it's dead/over. There's no point in trying to make Huolon from Vazuvius.

Loot any chests while doing all of the above.

Quests eventually get done.
Reply Quote
Thank you - exactly what I was looking for :)
Reply Quote
Follow up - are the chests first come first serve? So people stand there and when the chest spawns they hammer it to get it first? Or is it somehow linked to your toon?

I dislike speed clicking to beat a fellow Hordie to the loot :)
Reply Quote
It is a Easter Egg Hunt. Hard to describe it any other way. I'm not complaining, just say'n.
Reply Quote
Gotcha - ty. I think my biggest problem is I am on Area 52 - insanely overpop Horde Server. So many people on Timeless Isle that nothing is alive more than 30 seconds. I may need to consider a server move.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Follow up - are the chests first come first serve? So people stand there and when the chest spawns they hammer it to get it first? Or is it somehow linked to your toon?

I dislike speed clicking to beat a fellow Hordie to the loot :)

All the chest if you haven't gotten one will respawn right away if someone just click on it before you..just give it few secs ...that is just as long as you never looted it before...once you loot one time chests you will never see them again...weekly chests will reset today once realms come back up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

ty

and check this link on MMO champ its a wonderful link to all the chests on the isle....

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1328815-In-depth-Timeless-Isle-Hidden-Chest-Guide

And this for the Rares:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fPc_ujzLqhA/UjE2N7Jx5WI/AAAAAAAAFwM/CYqOnd7A7Vc/s1600/Timeless+Isle+Rare+Spawn+Map.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Gotcha - ty. I think my biggest problem is I am on Area 52 - insanely overpop Horde Server. So many people on Timeless Isle that nothing is alive more than 30 seconds. I may need to consider a server move.

Unless you really like to pvp and are on a pvp realm I would suggest you move to a PVE realm...timeless isle on a pvp realm can be a major gank fest for both sides with the Censer stones ....Censer stones allow your own faction to kill you if you are flagged, being on a pve realm you just pay attention to whom is around you and not flag, Censer stones work on PVE realms too.....but your less likely to get ganked if you just watch what your doing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
My timeless isle doings ...

If I'm online 30-60 minutes before raid time, I'll head down to see if I can get a raid rolling to hit the Celestials.

Yup, that's about it. As time goes by, I might hit up the pet tournament. If my lady goes out of town the winter, I might spend a Saturday afternoon mindlessly killing mobs.

My expectations for the Isle were high. The idea of some RPG mystery and discovery intriqued me, but it doesn't seem to fit with WoW's "action game" playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
The Priceless Isle would have been more appropriate. Even if I don't die I wind up with a 50g repair bill daily.

It is literally costing me more to go there than I gain.

But I am having fun killing folks and it has gotten people out for me to kill so ...good with the bad.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Thats exactly what I did. Tichondrius was a nightmare so I moved to Drak'Tharon. The most people I've seen in Timeless@ DkT at any given time is 12. All the chests are just laying on the ground, theres practically no PvP interruptions to speak of (despite it being a PvP realm), albatrosses are not an endangered species here, and if you want to group up, theres always someone happy to invite a stranger because any warm body is better than nothing at all.

EDIT: If you do decide to come to DkT, bring gems and enchants with you... because the economy is practically non-existent! Someone told me that Ashes of Al'ar was on the BMAH a couple months ago and there were no buyers because hardly anyone here has any gold to speak of.
Edited by Geres on 9/17/2013 6:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
LOL, ill tell you what I do, when im not using my censor of agony to cause agaony throughout my fellow players, I troll around the island trying to get the chi gi buff 25 % to mastery haste and crit, then I go farm monsters once your there for a while farming coins a rare will spawn don't announce it run over there and kill it before anyone else a chance to notice it that time when your running around the island looking for your buff, youll prolly find a rare or too aswell... the kraken at old pi jii evermaw and the ship give the most coins so I try and catch those ones as much as I can! hope that helps, yeah its a bit wack! but timless isle is probably the best thing that a troll could ask for LOL
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
The rares and event bosses share loot with all players that tag them. The only problem is getting there to tag it before it is killed.

The chests spawn for all players. When chests are looted they instantly respawn for players that have not yet opened them. You can only get most of the chests one time per character. There are some chests that are set on a weekly timer.
Reply Quote
I go in and get the time spawn on Ship, which is usually very close to Evermaw and Houlon. Houlon will typicaly be spawning right before, or right after Ship and Evermaw.

Sometimes Houlon is so close you can't get all 3, so I focus Ship and Evermaw primarily and then ride like the wind to Houlon if hes not down. Kill Houlon and try to get Karkanos that seems to spawn off time of the others.

This is just a basic rotation of some of the primary bosses. Get these most of the time and kill elites inbetween and 20K coins a day is easy. And I don't think I am really doing it all that well.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Do the daily rep quest, kill rares, camp houlon, rep grind the elites on the firewalker path, if you can solo them it is. I can solo most, except the ones higher up the hill with the dragons about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

ty

You kill rares, complete some quests, search for treasure, and fight some new world bosses. There's a guide for it on wowhead

Edit: there's also lots of new profession drops such as new glyphs for scribes.
Edited by Caissam on 9/17/2013 7:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Just follow the crowd and move from rare to rare. Do the quest lines and pick up the treasures (they aren't first come first serve). You can pick up all the chests with all of your toons (great way to gear up all your toons also).

This island creates a new learning curve, depending on the sever. I play 2 different serves and they both go in their separate ways.

Just keep at it and make your own routine. Gear as you go. I picked up a lot of gear from raids, but have re-geared from the island. Look at what I have picked up just off of rares and chests. Don't over think the island and follow the post in general chat.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]