Looking for Your Questions

(Locked)

Blizzard Employee
We’re looking into a number of potential new ways to answer common questions and get more information to you about the game. We thought what better way to test them out than with actual questions from you, our loyal General Forum goers?

Obviously 5.4 is a big topic right now, but all questions are welcome. While we probably won’t be answering any directly in this thread, we’ll continue interacting here on the official forums and providing as many answers in other threads as we can.
90 Night Elf Priest
Here's a few:

Are there more WoW-based novels in the pipeline?

Can we get some more Tyrande up in here?

Will A Certain Blizzard-Based Band be back for Blizzcon?

Also, not a question, but I love the Timeless Isle. Actually, sort of related... can we look forward to more "alternative" ways of advancing our character(s) in the future? The exploration-heavy elements on TI are pretty great. Likewise, is there a chance we could see the rare-tagging mechanic present there (and the rest of MoP) expanded on?
Edited by Keleynn on 9/13/2013 2:30 PM PDT
100 Human Paladin
How much was cut from 5.4 between the meeting and release?

And how long 5.4 was in active development?

How big was the 5.4 team and during the active development?

How much money is put back in the game of the subs and pet and mount armor sales?

Will there be more zones like the Timeless Isle in the next Xpack?!
Edited by Salvadore on 9/13/2013 2:31 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Rogue
The Emissary of Ordos thing is an interesting world PVP mechanic, but is a bit lop-sided--is there any reason we get no currency/token/reward for killing such players? It would feel a lot better if the rewards went both ways.
100 Human Warlock
Does Zaela and Sky admiral rogers survive the siege. also what can the Alliance players look forward to in 5.5?
100 Gnome Warlock
When are we going to see the emphasis on Orcs and Humans all the time change and the spotlight of the main story start to shine on all the other playable races in the game?

Specifically when will we see a continuation of the Gnome storyline that has gone nowhere since Vanilla?

When are you going to give us Gnomes our city back like you promised four years ago??

When will Gnomes receive their fair share of playable classes? We've had the fewest in the game for *entire* history of the game, its getting OLD.

When will we see Gnome Lore Heroes introduced?

When will we see a continuation of Millhouse Manastorm's storyline?

When will Gnomes start appearing in cinematics?

When will your writers find something interesting for the most technologically advanced race on the planet to do?

In short, when will you start treating one of the founding members of the Alliance like a playable race??

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
100 Night Elf Priest
When are we going to see the emphasis on Orcs and Humans all the time change and the spotlight of the main story start to shine on all the other playable races in the game?

Specifically when will we see a continuation of the Gnome storyline that has gone nowhere since Vanilla?

When are you going to give us Gnomes our city back like you promised four years ago??

When will Gnomes receive their fair share of playable classes? We've had the fewest in the game for *entire* history of the game, its getting OLD.

When will we see Gnome Lore Heroes introduced?

When will we see a continuation of Millhouse Manastorm's storyline?

When will Gnomes start appearing in cinematics?

When will your writers find something interesting for the most technologically advanced race on the planet to do?

In short, when will you start treating one of the founding members of the Alliance like a playable race??

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"

I second and third every single one of these questions.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Are there any plans to expand on the Draenei lore in game? i really loved what you did with Lorthemar this expac and would love to see more of it for the Gnomes and Draenei as well.
90 Human Mage
Can we get some kind of direct line of communication or something to send feedback of any kind. This is like Gameplay of content,classes, heck even lore and I'm willing to send you masses of email for all sorts of things. I am so willing to do that.

The suggestion option ingame is nice but it's limited and I feel it doesn't necessarily help. Twitter is good to but I feel there needs to be a direct line so I know my feelings are being considered. There is one pertient issue I'm thinking of and so far the available methods aren't the best and I'd like an alternative to Twitter,General Forum(I'll use it always), Q&A and other methods I'm not thinking of.

This isn't just for 5.4 but for say any feedback whatsoever. Apologies, I'm a spaz this morning. I'll bold the whole post so people can see it.
100 Dwarf Hunter
Is there any plans for the Draenei, Worgen, and Gnomes to have more of a spotlight in the near future? There's a pretty blatant lack of presence.

What is Blizzard planning to do for the future to address a gripe about lore presentation in that the Horde's lore is almost entirely shown in game and not in recent novels (the Vol'jin novel didn't really expand the lore at all) while the Alliance is shown in depth in novels but little in the game? This isn't exactly fair to the Horde who like reading the novels nor fair to the Alliance who don't.
Edited by Bullettime on 9/13/2013 2:53 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
i'll second all the gnome-based questions that @Forbidra asked above, but also:

1) what is the status of the stealth mode for battle.net accounts? it's been, what, two years? i really want this to be real, and not just another dance studio-type promise. (please?)
Why can't we use the Sky Golem mount in PvP battlegrounds?

I want to chase resto druids in tree form.

=]
100 Orc Shaman
Any plans on allowing us to purchase a rep boost token for Shado-Pan Assault now that it's not current tier?
100 Night Elf Druid
I would like to know how Huolons mount drop rate works. Is it better to cycle through my alts, or are my chances to get the mount the same as my first, second, or third kill?
100 Goblin Death Knight
Going forward with class progression , Why not allow the basic classes to have a choice of doing an Class quest to become a more evolved form of that class. Like say for Mages an Battle Mage or an ArchMage, maybe for DK a Lich Lord . Point being you don't have to do them to play the game but it's there. A lot of old vanilla players miss quests for the classes they play. It makes you feel epic and like you did something within the game. Ask Lore how he feels about Dark Rangers..we've seen him rant about that plenty :p .
90 Pandaren Monk
Why does the Emissary of Ordos thing only rewards Bloody Coins for Killing Blows? I've spent hours farming with 10+ ppl and only got two Bloody Coins. It's ridiculous because since I'm a Monk I do the most peeling and I never get rewarded for it. I'm pretty sure if it wasn't me they'd not get half the coins they get.
100 Pandaren Mage
I feel that 5.4 got, in a shorter time, much more content than any other major patch and it might become a trend for the next patches. However, I noticed that a lot of bugs went to live as well, maybe more than the usual. I know they are being addressed accordingly but do you feel this "new content development model" is ideal? We all know that it's impossible to make a perfect game but I feel that the players/costumers are being test subjects, which might lead to poor gaming experience.
100 Night Elf Priest
Playing with fully heirloom geared alts I'm able to take on mobs 5 levels higher. Why are quest not available in higher level zones until I meet the required level? We used to be able to pick up higher level quest. It would add challenge to the leveling while still having the benefit of hairloom gear.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]