gearing for prot(loot spec)

90 Human Paladin
so when gearing for prot what am I looking for? gear with dodge/parry or gear with hit/exp/haste?

is dodge/parry useless of should i gather that gear to start off with

should i set loot spec to ret or prot?

thank you
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This has been answered so many times already.

You should spec for Ret or Prot depending on what the boss drops. Look at your dungeon journal for drops on an encounter basis and use the filter there to see what drops for Prot and Ret and decide which items you need for an upgrade.

There is no set in stone rule.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Berith is correct on loot spec.

Your stat priorities are.

Exp > (7.5%) > Hit (7.5%) > Exp (15%) > Haste > Mastery > Dodge > Parry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crit.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Exp > (7.5%) > Hit (7.5%) > Exp (15%) > Haste > Mastery > Dodge > Parry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Crit.

That is overly complicated. Why not just :

Hit (7.5%) > Exp (15%) > Haste > Mastery > Crit >>>>>>>>>>>>> You don't care about avoidance.

Yeah, I may or may not be starting to embrace the Crit way -_-.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You don't care about avoidance.

Grand Crusader Procs kind of push avoidance ahead of at least crit for me. But yeah, by the time you're down to like your 4th or 5th stat priority, meh?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]