I cant play pally, can anyone help?

Since I first started playing I saw others playing paladins and I always wanted to play one. I have one that's level 20 but it just seems like im not that good with him. Does it get easier with level? Its also rather boring right now so id also like to know if it gets more fun as time goes on. I was interested in paladins because they seem like they can do damage in pvp and still heal a lot also. What is the best spec for that? And finally and most importantly how do you keep up with strafers? I can never manage and they just run around me dishing out damage. Sorry this was a jumbled mess I was in a hurry but thanks for any and all answers
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, I never really liked PvP on a paladin while under lvl 25. You lack core abilities and it always just seemed very slow. I know Prot is pretty OP at low levels, as well as Holy past 25 up to about 80. You can snatch up Glyph of Holy Shock and DPS + Heal like no other.

I would recommend you stick with Ret and just tough out the lack of DPS at low levels. At 90, like you have seen, we have great DPS and great Heals.

As far as keeping up with an enemy, use Seal of Justice. It slows your enemy when you hit them.
Reply Quote
awesome, thanks. I know a lot of people have been telling me that pallys cant heal that well but from what ive seen they almost never die
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
This is my second paladin, but my first since MoP; I'd taken quite a hiatus from playing this past year.

I've found the two most significant developments to have affected my efficacy in PvP has been the Selfless Healer talent at Level 45 and Art of War at 50.
Reply Quote
This is my second paladin, but my first since MoP; I'd taken quite a hiatus from playing this past year.

I've found the two most significant developments to have affected my efficacy in PvP has been the Selfless Healer talent at Level 45 and Art of War at 50.

Ty for reply, I may have to try to stick it out longer after I level my priest and see how it goes once I get those
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/17/2013 07:18 AMPosted by Zolfar
Since I first started playing I saw others playing paladins and I always wanted to play one. I have one that's level 20 but it just seems like im not that good with him. Does it get easier with level? Its also rather boring right now so id also like to know if it gets more fun as time goes on.

Once you get Judgements of the Bold, Selfless Healer, and Exorcism the Ret spec becomes much more engaging. At your level a lot of the game play is spent waiting on Judgement and Crusader Strike cooldowns, after level 50 things really start to pick up.

I feel Ret is the best Paladin spec for low level PvP if you enjoy being a power house while also saving lives at the same time. Prot is a one trick pony (Avenger's Shield), though you could try out Holy (I prefer to level in a questing spec and I personally find keeping 2 item sets up to date while questing cumbersome and futile).
Reply Quote
Use noxxic.com to guide you through rotations, talents, glyphing etc. Pallies are pretty boring at lower levels but it gets better. I leveled 100% prot when I first made my pally and still prefer to level as such.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]