Conquest vendors temporarily disabled

Community Manager
We are aware of an issue affecting a number of players that caused them to have an unusually high Conquest Point cap. Conquest vendors have been temporarily disabled while we work on a fix to correct this. Conquest Points obtained in excess of the 2200 point cap will be lost and we'll be removing the Grievous Conquest achievement from any characters that managed to obtain it.

The vendors will be made available again once the fix is in place.

Update: A fix was made to restore the Conquest cap back to the proper level of 2200. A very small number of players were able to purchase more gear than intended, and we will be addressing those on a case-by-case basis.

The Conquest vendors should be back now.
Edited by Rygarius on 9/20/2013 5:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
So people who managed to get like 5 pieces of grievous gear get to keep it?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Hopefully not considering that'll give them a huge boost.

When will this issue be fixed?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
When will this issue be fixed?

I'm also curious to as when it will actually go into effect, and rather or not I have to recap my warrior(though, he had the normal 2200)

If I see anyone with more than 1 or 2 pieces of grievous this week Blizz will lose 10 accounts.

Some people have had grevious for a week, just so you know. I'm not sure if you've been to the Timeless isles but the world bosses drop most of the lower/minor pieces.
Edited by Ryghor on 9/17/2013 9:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm hoping soon as today was my day off. I dont want to have to recap all over again.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Cool, several hours AFTER its a known issue we finally get a notification.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue

Just what I was thinking. Amazing it took this long to get a straight answer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Exactly. This is why I'm calling Billing first thing tomorrow and quitting. I'm tired of mediocre service from a company that doesn't have the time to update us on these things sooner.

This was my first arena season so I logged in today very excited to play. I did arena matches for about 7 hours straight, and gathered about 3600 Conquest points.

I thought it was odd that the venders weren't there so I checked Blizzard's website to see if they had posted anything about them being missing. No Blue post so I assumed Horde killed the vender and I waited patiently for it to respawn. I then was notified that conquest had a bug and I was only suppose to be able to earn 2200 Points. Therefore the extra points I earned will be lost. I think it's fair that they are removed but I wish I would have known this.

Thanks Blizzard for a 5 hour delay on that post. I'm not going to spend any more time earning CQ points and I'm done with this game.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
[quote]
Some people have had grevious for a week, just so you know. I'm not sure if you've been to the Timeless isles but the world bosses drop most of the lower/minor pieces.

That's why I said 1 or 2 pieces. One from world boss and one from conquest points.
I cancelled anyway. Somehow lately blizz manages to make more and more mistakes that piss people off.

Technically, they can have 3. Two from world bosses and one from conquest. I'm sure they'll make sure no one keeps gear they weren't supposed to get, though I don't know how. I'm also not sure how many people actually had the time to buy gear other than their first piece before the vendor was removed. I guess we'll find out soon. Either way, wouldn't be enough of an issue to make me quit the game.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
09/17/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Bellatrux

Exactly. This is why I'm calling Billing first thing tomorrow and quitting. I'm tired of mediocre service from a company that doesn't have the time to update us on these things sooner.

This was my first arena season so I logged in today very excited to play. I did arena matches for about 7 hours straight, and gathered about 3600 Conquest points.

I thought it was odd that the venders weren't there so I checked Blizzard's website to see if they had posted anything about them being missing. No Blue post so I assumed Horde killed the vender and I waited patiently for it to respawn. I then was notified that conquest had a bug and I was only suppose to be able to earn 2200 Points. Therefore the extra points I earned will be lost. I think it's fair that they are removed but I wish I would have known this.

Thanks Blizzard for a 5 hour delay on that post. I'm not going to spend any more time earning CQ points and I'm done with this game.

We could use less people like you that over react and QQ in the WoW community. So goodbye.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/17/2013 09:25 PMPosted by Ryghor

Just what I was thinking. Amazing it took this long to get a straight answer.

Yep that's what irritates me the most about this. Its like someone said if it was a PVE issue it would be hot fixed almost instantly WITH a notification of what happened.

Its really sad how we had extended maintenance and this issue went unnoticed LOL.

What a joke.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Its really sad how we had extended maintenance and this issue went unnoticed LOL.

^.^
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
BDP
[quote][quote][quote]

Technically, they can have 3. Two from world bosses and one from conquest. I'm sure they'll make sure no one keeps gear they weren't supposed to get, though I don't know how. I'm also not sure how many people actually had the time to buy gear other than their first piece before the vendor was removed. I guess we'll find out soon. Either way, wouldn't be enough of an issue to make me quit the game.

Actually if you got lucky last week and this week you could have 5 total pieces. 2 from last week. 3 from this week, 2 boss 1 CP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
YAY! I pay 15 dollars a month to play a game so i can just lose what i have earned! What a wonderfull game this is, thanks blizz for making me waste 5+ hours for nothing.. GG

I just wish I wasn't a noob or I wouldn't have done arena past 2200 points. That and I wish Blizzard would have posted this a lot sooner. Maybe 6 Hours sooner.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Dude I earned my 2 pieces of gear from arenas and celestials so I guess you might be losing 10 accounts :/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Ive also been thinking of quitting after all the nonsense plus the game is dying anyways but goodluck
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/17/2013 08:31 PMPosted by Rygarius
Conquest Points obtained in excess of the 2200 point cap will be lost

Perhaps there was a better solution? Since technically those are arena matches won.

Not everyone including myself knew the cap was suppose to be only 2200 since my first 90 got a 27,000 point cap last season.
Edited by Bellatrux on 9/17/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]