Conquest vendors temporarily disabled

90 Blood Elf Rogue
It still doesnt show how many honor points i have earned for the season. I would like to buy weapons and practice combat......anyone??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Ok... so i logged in and heard about a bug from another player ingame went to forums there was nothing about this bug then 6hrs later i see the blue post then those who earned something legitly are losing their items.... techniqually if they do take the action of taking the items away from the players when they abided by the rules of the game and earned them blizzard will be going against their disclaimer and rights contract should they do this considering it would be considered theft and or tampering with ur account witch isnt allowed considering it is Real world currency being used in the process so if they decide to take away the points they would have to replace it with something else of equal value same would go for any gear obtained just like at the start of every new season they switch ur conquest out for honor but they also turn the old conquest gear into honor as for the gear already obtained theres not rlly much they can do on the ordeal of giving something of equal value for it..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Ok... so i logged in and heard about a bug from another player ingame went to forums there was nothing about this bug then 6hrs later i see the blue post then those who earned something legitly are losing their items.... techniqually if they do take the action of taking the items away from the players when they abided by the rules of the game and earned them blizzard will be going against their disclaimer and rights contract should they do this considering it would be considered theft and or tampering with ur account witch isnt allowed considering it is Real world currency being used in the process so if they decide to take away the points they would have to replace it with something else of equal value same would go for any gear obtained just like at the start of every new season they switch ur conquest out for honor but they also turn the old conquest gear into honor as for the gear already obtained theres not rlly much they can do on the ordeal of giving something of equal value for it..

No one can get more than 2200 until the 2nd week (assume your rating is high enough)

So any point above 2200 is not "legitimately" earned but rather, cheating. Blzzard is at fault so they dont get to ban you but simply take those away. I call that a fair settlement.
Edited by Krilan on 9/20/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Wait.. let me get this right... we had this bug @ the start where people bought weapons and multiple pieces for CP and honor because they had 28k+ hence the system saw them as having the season achieve. So that was bad enough, and they most likely won't get that gear removed.

...but then after 4 days of no vendors, some people who had 2200+ stored up STILL had the bugged cap when vendors came back online and just simply bought as much as they could? Jesus.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
I give up at this point.
There's no defeating the amount of hyperbole and "MY FRIEND TOLD ME" going on in these threads.

90% of the things you're hearing are unsubstantiated rumors. Some of the current issues being discussed seem to be limited to the EU and Korean servers.

Yes there was a conq cap issue. Yes it's "kind of" been fixed. No, it didn't fix everything. No, it's doubtful anyone claiming to have run into a player in tons of grievous or with weapons is telling the truth. Yes, they should provide proof of these claims if they expect them to be taken seriously.

Take a step back. Stop repeating what your friends told you. Think objectively. See if there's any truth to the things you're hearing before adding more snow to the frozen boulder. Compounding the issue with rumor doesn't make the issue easier to solve, it makes it exponentially more difficult to determine what actually needs to be addressed and what doesn't.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Take a step back. Stop repeating what your friends told you. Think objectively. See if there's any truth to the things you're hearing before adding more snow to the frozen boulder. Compounding the issue with rumor doesn't make the issue easier to solve, it makes it exponentially more difficult to determine what actually needs to be addressed and what doesn't.

^ This.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I lol at this.

Blizzard needs to remove all the extra conquest gears purchased they shouldn't own.

If you play in arena you cannot beat them no matter how hard you try at this moment (60+k HP + more power). It's like trying to fight Hellscream hard mode with Lei Shen hard mode gears.

No matter what Blizzard thinks, the extra conquest gears owned by players MUST BE REMOVED.

Otherwise this season's a major fail to begin with. It's just purely unbalanced against people with full 522 gears.

Or just remove the limit of conquest points this season
Or give players who couldn't get all the 522 gears a Vicious Saddle for the reward. That's why I started this season.
Edited by Paintildeath on 9/21/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Here is a fix for everyone... Just release all the grevious gear to Honor, Redesign conq gear and re-release pvp season in 2 weeks, after its been tested and not buggy? Honestly its not hard coding... a bit tedious and time consuming yes, but that's what we pay for, your TIME to create a game we are satisfied with, I myself have been playing since vanilla and will continue but there are times when the players voices should be heard. Fix the bugs, and made things right. PVP seasons are a small but decent enough percentage of the playerbase. We should be heard, and not dismissed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Trilleb%C3%A5rtom/simple

remove his un-earned gear plz. and take away his 2500+ 3v3 ranking. cheaters/exploiters don't deserve to be rank #1 on the ladder
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Trilleb%C3%A5rtom/simple remove his un-earned gear plz. and take away his 2500+ 3v3 ranking. cheaters/exploiters don't deserve to be rank #1 on the ladder

im glad to see the gear was removed. would still like to see the rating dropped tho... not fair that he can just not play now for the rest of the season and still get glad
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've still seen quite a few profiles with guys still in 4pc and weapon of grievous gladiator gear. I doubt they will devote the time and effort to removing their gear. They will just ride this along until everyone is already wearing near full grievous and it will be irrelevant.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I've still seen quite a few profiles with guys still in 4pc and weapon of grievous gladiator gear. I doubt they will devote the time and effort to removing their gear. They will just ride this along until everyone is already wearing near full grievous and it will be irrelevant

if blizzard really does that I will have lost all faith in them to provide a competitive pvp experience in this game
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Yeah thats not right, what a way to ruin pvp. Gear isnt removed. I got a screenshot with someone wearing grevious hlm even tho its cap at 2200..what else was he wearing,first week. How is this fair to others?Guess its pve until next season
Edited by Bluedream on 9/23/2013 1:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
There's a thread in this forum with a rogue in full grievous.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
There's a thread in this forum with a rogue in full grievous.

Yeah, I've also seen that thread. He's pushing really hard claiming that he got it all legitimately. He's either very new to this game or trying to phrase how he took advantage of an obvious mistake and pass it off as "legitimate".

As much as I'd love to see this corrected (as would many other players), I still feel that this is going to be another situation that will be blown over with an apology of being "really sorry" and the promise that it will not happen again; Of course with the latter being the most likely situation to occur.

Take for example the rampant outright cheating that has been going on in rated battlegrounds season after season.

It's really a shame, i feel PvP had great potential this season too.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
So when I started doing Arena this season I saw the cap of mine was at 27,000. I admit as a player I thought, "Man, I want to hit that cap...would be really awesome." However, knowing that typically you can only get 2200 points per week I figured this must be a bug, would be nice to have that much CP, but I know better. So I went ahead and got my 2k and went on about my day. The players that kept pushing through for hours on end to hit that very high cap are only to blame themselves. Blizzard is not in any way shape or form perfect. The people that work there are human beings, they program the game they make things happen and sometimes problems occur. So they fix them, reset things as they were intended to be and the game keeps moving on. Do not get worked up over something as little as this because you are only making yourself look stupid blaming Blizzard and rage quitting over an obvious bug.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest

Since you want to be technical and throw out the rules and what Blizzard can and cannot do. You may want to venture over and read the little note that tells you that you do not own your account, the very fact that you are playing a character on their game is because they allow you to do so. So yes Blizzard can do anything they want, anytime they want to anyones characters they want, because they own everything. But, you already know this right? Because you read and agreed upon all of the Terms before playing the game. Here, I'll even post it for you

5.No Ownership Rights in Account.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY HEREIN, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU SHALL HAVE NO OWNERSHIP OR OTHER PROPERTY INTEREST IN ANY ACCOUNT STORED OR HOSTED ON A BLIZZARD SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY BNET ACCOUNT OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT ACCOUNT, AND YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS IN AND TO SUCH ACCOUNTS ARE AND SHALL FOREVER BE OWNED BY AND INURE TO THE BENEFIT OF BLIZZARD.
Edited by Zaeris on 9/25/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So is anyone else who didn't use the bug to purchase Grievous gear missing Conquest points? I know damn well I had more than 600 points on my warrior the last time I played him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]