Dread Ship Vazuvius

100 Tauren Druid
Dread Ship Vazuvius now deals less damage with its Cannon Barrage, the range of its knockback ability has been reduced, and can apply its Eerie Fog effect more readily.

Okay, is it just me, or is is that first part outright false now? Since yesterday, Vazuvius has been a *beast*. It's hitting with its fire-on-the-water spell [is that Cannon Barrage? or is Cannon Barrage the spell it does if you stand in front of it?] *far* more often than just 48 hours ago, and the fire hurts *way* more. I often find myself having to move *constantly*, never having time even to cast a single heal before I'm standing in fire *again*. Worse, it ticks the *instant* it lands, whereas previously you had a moment to move out of it before you took damage. What happened, did the ship's crew eat its Wheaties or what?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
What happened, did the ship's crew eat its Wheaties or what?

They had a Cliff bar for breakfast.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
Vasuvius hates melee classes :(
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Vasuvius hates melee classes :(

There's a sweet spot where you can hit the mob and not get knocked back, but when fires start building up, that sweet spot vanishes in no time :( I was a very unhappy monkey when I was playing on my DK :(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
They stayrd at a LaQuinta last night.

Lucky Ducks.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warrior
I discovered a sweet spot that works every time for melee. Not telling though, it's my secret. Shhh..
Reply Quote
100 Human Hunter
Someone keeps offering it a Klondike Bar. This is what it does for said bar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I just get underneath the ship in the water out of the range of the eerie fog and blast away. My demon is up close fighting underneath as well. I also see a lot of other people doing it that way.

If you see a friendly warlock in the area, ask them for the Unending Breath buff so you can stay down in the water the whole time. I always try to give it to as many players as I can target while I am down there.

It only took one fight for me to not get anywhere near the front or above the water with this fight again. So many corpse runs that fight!
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
Dread Ship trolled us earlier today. We got it down to 1% and it pulled up anchor and sailed off and despawned. No one got any loot. Now we call it Dread Troll Ship Vazuvius.
Reply Quote
92 Troll Hunter
Swim under him ya gits :p The Dread ship is NOT a issue. Stay out of the front, dive under and profit. My Death Knight and Hunter have zero issues with fighting him.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]