warlock green fire to complete it patch 5.4

90 Orc Warlock
Hi trying for the green fire up too . you guessed it 'final stage defeat kanrethad" . he now walks through pillars an walls so my Los and players idea of Los doesnt work for me as well as the Boss now dotts through the walls and his Chaos bolt goes through pillars an walls ...
Blizzard decided too Nerf warlock casting on the run ability an our rain of fire which you have too use on imps . Drain Life now tagets 1 npc , no longer targets a pack of imps either .
the list of warlock nerf goes on but you forgot too nerf or less the health of Kan..31 million hp on my screen current item level 515 .
I know players did it thnx for youre advice back in patch 5.3 and the you tube videos, but IRl got in the way so i am trying for it in patch 5.4 ..much trickier. any tips would be appreciated for this patch for the green fire quest patch 5.4 . thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I haven't even bothered with this yet (after the Tarecgosa Nexus saga, I'm not keen for another 'personal trial') and my sincere advice to you would be to post the exact spots you're having issues with in the Warlock Class forums. They are a clued in bunch and should be able to step you through each stage with no issues at all.

Good luck! <3
Edited by Aislinge on 9/17/2013 5:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You end up getting this yet Ultra?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
yeah now its almost impossible to get green fire with lock after 5,4 patch unable to cast on the fly,,seems blizz makes things easier for those who are able to do things as soon it comes out,,for others who lag behind finally reach the ability to do the quest and now its twice as hard,,cudos to the locks who got it before they made it even harder, Thnx blizz for not allowing all locks the same ability to achieve the green fire...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I got it after the patch. But then again my ilvl is 548
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
When I was doing it there was a strat to gosac and use sac pact + twilight ward to eat the chaos bolts. Also, try to get the pit lord to breathe on the imps as they come out + shadowfury and soulshatter. You can either fnb the imps down or keep rof up on them and ember tap heal spam (I don't know if the latter will work with the nerfs)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
go to Warlock forums, plenty of discussion about it there
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
i did this shortly after 5.4 released on my lock at the time i think it was ilvl 520 and didnt take long, i did die though cause i was lazy on debuffs but SS works as long as the demon is still yours. and i moved as little as possible, you dont need the large area of aoes to kill the imps just stand behind the demon and breathe on them. if you want to see how often i screwed things up i did post a video on youtube, and can see i almost died a few times, almost lost my demon. its http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pvw_q5xGUHc if it helps you with any ideas but tbh this was so much easier then a few patchs ago. also be sure to to get the double darksoul so much more useful, and just remember to pop it and start casting a bolt and charge him before the bolt hits do nice damage, but also dont overdue it and charge too often and die from cata hope it helps you some always nice to see other locks with some green fire :D
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
No Nerf needed!!

Just got mine!! :)
not too hard after few trys
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Okay ladies and gents. I've read a few of the comments here and i can understand everyones frustration considering it was my own not more than a few days ago. I'm here to tell you it can definitely be done...quite easily in fact. I did it as a 505ilvl warlock. All pvp mind you no pve gear.

The secret ive found, is first. Chaos Bolt is your best friend, and you time with the stun as everyone knows. When the fight first starts this is crucial. I get atleast 2cb's in before he even finishes summoning the pit lord, after enslave. Just incinerate him down while trying to keep immolate up but dont fret if you cant keep the dot up.

Second, he doesnt actually cast cataclysm on his first phase before he summons imps. So you can use charge twice during this phase without worrying about it. Only thing to watch for is the CB's he throws back. A quick teleport behind the wall next to where his gate is or set up your gate and jump to that location and you'll be fine. Make sure as he is stunned you're launching cb's. I'm only 505 as i stated and in pvp gear and was getting 1.2mil CB crits. So someone with a higher ilvl can burn him down.

And third, the dreaded fel hunter phase. Easiest way ive found to do this is when he first starts to channel, put your pit lord on the left side of his gate (behind the felhunters) and aoe the gate for when they come out. You DO NOT have to put him on passive for this as everyone thinks you do. Simply keep him there. Havoc the first fel hunter and as soon as you see the second immediately cast CB, as the cast is about to go off the third will come out. Make your pit lord charge the fel hunter you're targeting (this will stun all 3) and the CB will kill the first two, then use his breath this will bring the third to about 35% hp, hit him with a quick incinerate and shadowburn or spam incinerate if no embers and you should be good to go, again watching for bosses CB's and what not.

Then stun boss during cataclysm and just keep at it. Making sure you burn off his dots with pit lords breath and singe magic from your imp buff (grimoire of sacrifice). Keep that up and you should be okay :)
Reply Quote
Terribly sick of this quest already, and the repair bills it accumulates. Maybe when I'm lvl 100...thanks for the fun blizz!
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
No Nerf needed!!

Just got mine!! :)
not too hard after few trys

after a few trys???? um ive died prolly like 100 times now on this stupid boss..i found guides tho

Serious's guide and a few others on youtube and still not having any luck this stuff sucks no one i really know IRL has a warlock and has gotten their green fire ugh i may not be cut out for this and literally i been at this nonstop for about 3 days
Edited by Rèdd on 12/7/2013 5:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Terribly sick of this quest already, and the repair bills it accumulates. Maybe when I'm lvl 100...thanks for the fun blizz!

all i get from this quest is a headache and a broken computer (almost)
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Okay ladies and gents. I've read a few of the comments here and i can understand everyones frustration considering it was my own not more than a few days ago. I'm here to tell you it can definitely be done...quite easily in fact. I did it as a 505ilvl warlock. All pvp mind you no pve gear.

The secret ive found, is first. Chaos Bolt is your best friend, and you time with the stun as everyone knows. When the fight first starts this is crucial. I get atleast 2cb's in before he even finishes summoning the pit lord, after enslave. Just incinerate him down while trying to keep immolate up but dont fret if you cant keep the dot up.

Second, he doesnt actually cast cataclysm on his first phase before he summons imps. So you can use charge twice during this phase without worrying about it. Only thing to watch for is the CB's he throws back. A quick teleport behind the wall next to where his gate is or set up your gate and jump to that location and you'll be fine. Make sure as he is stunned you're launching cb's. I'm only 505 as i stated and in pvp gear and was getting 1.2mil CB crits. So someone with a higher ilvl can burn him down.

And third, the dreaded fel hunter phase. Easiest way ive found to do this is when he first starts to channel, put your pit lord on the left side of his gate (behind the felhunters) and aoe the gate for when they come out. You DO NOT have to put him on passive for this as everyone thinks you do. Simply keep him there. Havoc the first fel hunter and as soon as you see the second immediately cast CB, as the cast is about to go off the third will come out. Make your pit lord charge the fel hunter you're targeting (this will stun all 3) and the CB will kill the first two, then use his breath this will bring the third to about 35% hp, hit him with a quick incinerate and shadowburn or spam incinerate if no embers and you should be good to go, again watching for bosses CB's and what not.

Then stun boss during cataclysm and just keep at it. Making sure you burn off his dots with pit lords breath and singe magic from your imp buff (grimoire of sacrifice). Keep that up and you should be okay :)

yea its not that easy for some people i must jus suck at lock cuz im goin no where i got to the second imp phase then died from the lil timer thing that kills you if it expires too much mechanics and i dont have the Gold for repairs or a purification potion i want this !@#$ now and there so many things cockblocking me......sucks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
After reading this thread and watching some vids, i did this on the second attempt. It was actually very easy using the 5.4 strats. My iLvl is 529 and downed him during the 2nd imp phase. Thanks for tips :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I did this one in 5.4 with full pvp gear around 500 ilvl in destro. I've heard that it's really easy to drop him with full pve gear now, however with my gear I had to work hard at the strat for 4 days.

The video guides out there are pretty good, but here's one important point that helped me succeed on the fel hunter phase.

Glyph of havoc - this helped me enormously with the fel hunter phase. Put rain of fire down, send Pit Lord away, target first fel hunter, conflagrate, havoc, target second fel hunter, start casting chaos bolt (use pit lord stun before it lands), target third fel hunter, rain of fire, shadow fury, chaos bolt. Done. If the chaos bolts miss for any reason or you get interrupted, the rain of fire will make sure the fel hunters don't devour your enslave demon. The stuns help your chaos bolts hit harder, and the glyph helps you down the second fel hunter in case you don't quite kill him the first time.

Also, use the talent that makes your rain of fire bigger - forget it's name off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
PS: I still haven't recovered from this when I did it 2 months ago. My sleeping patterns are up the creek
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Took me like 15 attempts and was sub 500 ilvl. Its nothing to do with gear, all with executing mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cRZpiNBIQA

Here is the guide i used, really good.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]