5.4 Windwool Cloth Farming...

(Locked)

100 Human Monk
Umm why not just use JP, if your in a med to high pop server- and que heroics you can clear a heroic and have enough to buy 20 just about every run with the 20% boost in JP bonus from guild perk. Some dungons on take about 15 minutes or so. Plus you get gold/DE mats. I dunno seems pretty easy for me. This isnt a effective way but its a change in the normal farm methods
90 Pandaren Mage
I go to a few places to farm it. The northern portion of Zan'vess in dread wastes is probably my best spot for just cloth - 40 stacks an hour or so and all I have to do is run around spamming nether tempest and arcane explosion like a lunatic. Good for leveling alts on a second account or having friends tag along for the xp as well.

Sometimes I go to Guo-Lai Halls and just grind on mogu. Probably the worst of the three for cloth, but it's a shot at skyshards and keys as well as other goodies.

Lately I've been going to Timeless Isle and grinding the Ordos guys at the Firewalker Ruins. Nearly as much cloth as my dread wastes spot with better random loot and a couple rares that spawn there. It's often busy and it's somewhat reliant on having a Chi-Ji buff so it's not always viable. Probably the most fun though - that buff makes fire mages hilariously overpowered.
90 Human Hunter
The best way to farm Windwool Cloth is actually to farm it. You get a lot from 16 plots, probably about 15-20 bolts worth.

Cheers.

15 to 20 bolts per farming time? I don't think I got that much. Long time since I needed to do it. I may have to revert to that soon.
100 Blood Elf Priest
The best way to farm Windwool Cloth is actually to farm it. You get a lot from 16 plots, probably about 15-20 bolts worth.

Cheers.

15 to 20 bolts per farming time? I don't think I got that much. Long time since I needed to do it. I may have to revert to that soon.

Could be guild perk related but last night's 16-plot gave one of my chars 2 bolts and 4.5 stacks of cloth (18 bolts) so yeah, waaaay easier than trying to kill stuff for cloth.

The farm is a very very good resource for all mats.
90 Goblin Priest
No he is right. I had 2 bank alts full of WW cloth pre 5.4.
100 Human Rogue
Wrong, Potion of Luck is for Pandaria, Potion of Treasure Finding is the Cata one.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Umm why not just use JP, if your in a med to high pop server- and que heroics you can clear a heroic and have enough to buy 20 just about every run with the 20% boost in JP bonus from guild perk. Some dungons on take about 15 minutes or so. Plus you get gold/DE mats. I dunno seems pretty easy for me. This isnt a effective way but its a change in the normal farm methods

where do you buy windwool with JP ???
85 Undead Death Knight
Yes, Windwool is not longer mega drops, . Were i use to go. I would get like over400 in 1 hr & now in 30min's I got a whole 40 & that is killing everything that moved. I can say that my H of motes drops are off the chain as right after 5.4 I would get like maybe 10 in 1hr & now I'm getting like 35+ in 1 hr. go figure. Funny HOW BLIZZZ NEVER TELLS YOU WHAT THEY NERF!
90 Dwarf Warlock
Lately I've been going to Timeless Isle and grinding the Ordos guys at the Firewalker Ruins. Nearly as much cloth as my dread wastes spot with better random loot and a couple rares that spawn there. It's often busy and it's somewhat reliant on having a Chi-Ji buff so it's not always viable. Probably the most fun though - that buff makes fire mages hilariously overpowered.

I do the daily "kill 20 elites" quest at that spot.

I have a full royal satchel of bolts.

It doesn't go away either. I'm swimming in cloth.
100 Dwarf Warlock
...it's somewhat reliant on having a Chi-Ji buff so it's not always viable. Probably the most fun though - that buff makes fire mages hilariously overpowered.

Not just fire mages, but warlocks (and I suppose most other casters) are uber-powered too with Chi-Ji, or either of the other 2 damage buffs.
100 Worgen Death Knight
your thinking of the potions of treasure finding, MOP is potion of luck and yes the work on the timeless isle
idk what your talking about having trouble getting ccloth. i literally have a whole guild bank tab full of windwool cloth
Great farmers don't tell their secret :-)
There are spots around if you look hard enough that'll get you 90 stacks per 20mins with pot of luck :-)
100 Orc Warrior
My tailor is my priest and he doesn't have much in the way of AOE and id much prefer to farm on my warrior is that a problem? does anyone know whether my priest would get a better drop rate?

Does Northern Cloth Savenging extend to windwool as well?
Edited by Arigom on 12/23/2013 7:33 PM PST
100 Undead Priest
Yes, Northern Cloth Scavenging works on windwool. If you priest is a tailor, then by all means use it. Try Mind Sear for some AOE damage.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
actually, potion of luck is MoP and Potion of Treasure finding is Cata
100 Dwarf Hunter
Humanoids don't really drop them much any more. Not enough to keep up with the Celestial daily to earn rep for cloud serpent flying. And I SO do not want to do farmville in WoW. There must be another way ...
90 Human Mage
09/16/2013 07:37 AMPosted by Heysugar
I am a tailor and I have noticed that not only are mobs not dropping much cloth, I am looting fewer and fewer extras from the Northrend Scavenging bonus.

Used to be when my group killed a bunch of mobs, I would always get to loot extra cloth after they finished looting. Now, kill ten mobs and I feel lucky to get any extra.

Not sure if it is deliberate or an "oopsy" on Blizzard's part, but something is up.
100 Blood Elf Priest
>_>

Don't necro something to quote a post from 5 months ago.

As for the topic: Go kill rares, their bag of stuffs sometimes have stacks of cloth. Or turn in all the extra spirits. Farm is the best place for cloth farming.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]