Burden of Eternity

90 Night Elf Rogue
http://www.icy-veins.com/timeless-isle-wow

http://www.wowhead.com/news=219437/wowheads-patch-5-4-guide-and-official-patch-notes

Both of which were released before the patch was.

I have ZERO tolerance for people that don't want to take responsibility for themselves. Guides are out there, also the OP could have asked in General chat which a lot of people have been doing. Failure to do research on your part or attempt to find your own answer and just immediately blame someone else for your own lack of self reliance is your own fault and no one elses

Someone needs a chill pill.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
09/17/2013 08:06 AMPosted by Sifulee
. The cart is before the horse on this. I needed to gear to be able to hold my own on the Isle.

You're referring to gearing on the isle like it's a one time process. You can keep farming pieces to put that burden on; You might even find a second burden in the process.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

The isle makes gear stupidly easy to gather, something I don't have an issue with, my 87 dk currently has a full set of timeless gear sitting in it's bags waiting for me to finish leveling it. What I do I have a problem with is people thinking that a not optimally itemized piece is suddenly terrible.

And how is your pally stuck at 10% expertise? My protadin had 15% back in t14 LFR gear.

It's a Ret pally, I've forged away all that can be forged, but every item I've gotten from heroic Scens and the 535 upgrades have been pure Expertise or a something\Expertise mix. But you're right, I just take the 400+ str gain and call it a day, Once I can drop the shado Pan trinket I'll be able to get back to normal.

But my point is, why would it be horrible to let someone choose which item they want to upgrade ? We can go with the answer of "because it's so easy to get, so be happy". I would think we'd pefer to have people running around in gear with perfect stats instead of encourgaing people to run around with a bunch of junk stats. But maybe this is how Blizzard is getting people to stop focusing on secondary stats so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!
Yes, hello! n_n

That's what happened to me.

"Eh, what this? Oh, it makes my gear better. Sweet! What? The bloody thing isn't doing anything! It says, 'Works on unbound items.' Ah, I get it! I need to use it before I unpackage the item."
Yes, same here. I'm fine with knowing now that you need unbound ones, but people need to calm down when people ask about it.

Both of which were released before the patch was.

I have ZERO tolerance for people that don't want to take responsibility for themselves. Guides are out there, also the OP could have asked in General chat which a lot of people have been doing. Failure to do research on your part or attempt to find your own answer and just immediately blame someone else for your own lack of self reliance is your own fault and no one elses

OH NO! Not everyone bothered to look at patch notes way before they were out!? Better just quit the game you guys if you can't spend months preparing for it ahead of time rather than experiencing it! This isn't just some silly game for fun! This is SERIOUS & you must STUDY!

Do you get riled up if newbies don't know WoWhead exists the moment they start up their trial account too? :P

Seriously, it's an item you won't likely get before the gear, so it's an "Oh darn!" moment. Like the others said, you really do need to chill out my dear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I loathed getting bonkers and burdens. Eventually .. Stupid monkey, I can't even trade my extras!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

But my point is, why would it be horrible to let someone choose which item they want to upgrade ? We can go with the answer of "because it's so easy to get, so be happy". I would think we'd pefer to have people running around in gear with perfect stats instead of encourgaing people to run around with a bunch of junk stats. But maybe this is how Blizzard is getting people to stop focusing on secondary stats so much.

When gear is as easy to obtain as the timeless gear, it's typically "poorly" itemized in order to balance out the part that it's that easy to obtain. Valor gear follows the same trend a lot of the time (though that may have more to do with the part that they're trying to cover all classes with that), and craftable gear.

Idc either way, I'm just saying why blizzard opted for this design. If they didn't care they wouldn't have added in the "unbound" only part. Personally I think the bigger complaint about burdens should be the part that they're not BoA, but I guess they want you to go to the island on alts too and not just the toon that has the easiest time farming *shrug*.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/17/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Do you get riled up if newbies don't know WoWhead exists the moment they start up their trial account too? :P

Noobs are ok they need guided and helped along to an extent. The patch has been out for a week. PTR has been out for longer than a month.
The problem is when there is a wealth of information out there that people just don't take the time to look at.
Example: "Oh no, why are the servers down on Tuesday!? Doesn't blizzard know i want to play the game? Why does it take so long?" We don't have much patience on the forums with these types of posts.

Many of lowbies that were new to the game i tried to help along. Run them through dungeons so they could get their first blue gear, tell them to watch out for bad things, ect. I do enjoy helping people, though when you have 4k+ achievement points and a 90, some of these things should already be known.

On that note i will take a step back and re-evaluate the OP's question/statement.

OP,
These Burdens are best saved and used on unbound tokens for your lowest gear items. I would prioritize the items that give the most stats first such as chest, legs, shoulders, and boots.
It will create a "Timeless" item that is ilvl 535 that is appropriate to your loot specialization. Doesn't always mean the stats will be useful as i have reforged out of hit for each item created to haste and still have 15% hit.

Loot drops have been lowered across the isle and it seems that you can get more gear tokens from the cave of chests. Before a quick hotfix the other day the cave was the best place to pickup additional Burdens but it has been nerfed into the ground down to the molten core of the earth (god forbid we would have nice things)

Great resources do exist such as wowhead.com and icy veins that you might want to go look at, as it gives a complete overview of what to look out for and should help in your enjoyment of the Timeless isle. Also be sure to download the PTR before any patch/expansion because it can help you prepare on what to do out of the gate so there are no "surprises" when it comes to gear.

Note: Farm the rares for Timeless coins as getting 50,000 coins is a guaranteed Burden from the vendor. Also there is a trinket at honored rep that you can buy that is 496, and while it may be replaced quickly, keep it as it allows you to quickly teleport to the isle.

P.S. inspect my armory and you will see what i mean about the stats. Amazingly almost every piece of gear has Hit on it. Would have loved to see some haste/expertise but alas RNG hates me as always.
Edited by Timelord on 9/17/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You can always get another piece of timeless gear that you can use and then use Burden on it ......the timeless gear drops all over the isle.....

Really?

I've been back a few times and I see very little chests spawning anywhere. I won't kill the rares anymore there is just too many yellow flagged people on the island now.

Do the chest just stop spawning for a character after the first time your there.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
google! oh wait this isnt timeless isle chat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I can understand the frustration, but after my second 90 was over there, I stopped gearing them ahead of time, sent them over in whatever gear they had, most with barely a 450 ilevel and just went for chests, avoiding as many mobs as possible. Then I went for the burden.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior

Idc either way, I'm just saying why blizzard opted for this design. If they didn't care they wouldn't have added in the "unbound" only part. Personally I think the bigger complaint about burdens should be the part that they're not BoA, but I guess they want you to go to the island on alts too and not just the toon that has the easiest time farming *shrug*.

Oddly I'm somewhat torned about the Burderns not being BOA. It would work out better for me having a highly geared toon farm up Burdens for the alts. But I know Ghostcrawler has tweeted about "what's the point of alts if you don't play them?"

Personally it's really tough going from a toon that can melt a Warscout in 10-15 secs to a toon that will take 2+ mins. I'd be more interested in playing the alt if it's power was closer to the main. Of course, a poorly geared toon helps you learn how to play that toon better as you can't just explode everything and have to pay attention and use defensive cools downs and such

Do the chest just stop spawning for a character after the first time your there.

The rares are probably the only real way to keep farming up Burdens. Any rare you kill might be that lucky rare. While I don't particulary like it, you can just tap a mob once and then standback to avoid getting flagged
Edited by Daleus on 9/17/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Really?

I've been back a few times and I see very little chests spawning anywhere. I won't kill the rares anymore there is just too many yellow flagged people on the island now.

EDIT: ignore wowjuju.com map as it incorrectly states weekly chests as daily.

http://www.icy-veins.com/timeless-isle-wow
Scroll down to the loot maps as it accurately describes which chests are daily and weekly.
Edited by Timelord on 9/17/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Eh, I'm with you, OP.

I mean, I knew the deal with Burdens, but given how rare they are, I don't really see the problem with letting us upgrade pieces that have already been "created." No one is going to be in full 535 Timeless gear any time soon regardless, and it's quite frankly pretty annoying to blow the only Burden you've seen all week on a piece of pure hit gear when you're already over cap. (See: my shoulders.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The patch has been out for a week. PTR has been out for longer than a month.
The problem is when there is a wealth of information out there that people just don't take the time to look at.

Again, not everyone knows about "the wealth of information" & all. Go ask in game how many people even know what the PTR is, or tell them we have an official forum. Most people don't even know of the forum.

Not everyone is going to go look up the notes ahead of time. If you do, that's great, you know everything ahead of time. Some like to keep it a surprise (this is what I do, I like learning as I go. I purposely don't use add-ons either), & some just have no idea this stuff exists.

So having no patience for them is just going to cause you more stress than it should.
Reply Quote
it would be to easy to get the gear stated the way you wanted it if you could use it on already created 496 gear
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
09/17/2013 08:50 AMPosted by Gabriael
You can always get another piece of timeless gear that you can use and then use Burden on it ......the timeless gear drops all over the isle.....

Really?

Unless my information is seriously wrong (which I don't suspect, but it's possible): The small moss-covered chests are one-time-only on a per character basis. Once you loot them on a particular character, you'll never see them again. The other chests should reset each week, from what I've seen - *checks clock* - but I won't swear by that for another few hours. ;)

That being said, gear falls from the trees there. What's killing me is that BoA is still not properly BoA, because goodness knows my off-server alts would love some of the plethora of tokens I have sitting around.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I find it funny when people don't read, then do something, then blame that the game is bugged because they didn't get the intended outcome.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/17/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Killercaitie
Some like to keep it a surprise (this is what I do, I like learning as I go. I purposely don't use add-ons either)

Which is fine and dandy, but then there should not be posts from those types of players saying "I didn't know this! This needs changed!"
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The gear is very easy too get so this really isn't that much of an issue. I can understand that one item that never seem to drop frustrations.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well, I was able to grab the Burden of Eternity from the Blazing Chest. I was unaware that it works on unbound 496 items. That is seriously flawed since I was able to gear first, which binds my gear and now cannot use this since my gear is already bound? Fix it ASAP please!

I did that too.

I haven't had a Helm drop for the last tier. Really crappy luck. Raided all of TOT with my 496 Helm which I could not put my Legendary Meta gem into. Very frustrating. (No I didn't want to craft one).

I finally got a Plate Helm to drop on the Timeless Isle. Was all excited for raid time that night ready to show off my new awesome deeps! Uh... nope. Found out the hard way.

Took two more days of grinding to get another Helm token to drop. Oh well...lesson learned. It really didn't end up costing me anything other than having to wait a bit to get my helm and I'm sure I'll replace it soon anyway.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 9/17/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]