Ret Pally Gear Thoughts

This is for anyone who is raiding as ret in this tier.... Are any of you upgrading to new pieces (higher ilvl) and breaking your old 4p? I got a few flex pieces and my new tier gloves and was curious if anyone is finding the 4p to be superior?
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
Mostly depends on item level. 2pT15 is still really strong, even with all the AoE/cleave early in SoO. If you have heroic T15, probably best to wait until you can get heroic T16 unless you feel you really need the AoE and then transition from one set to the other ONLY at four-piece; no going halfsies this time.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
im in the same boat no tier pieces yet but when the time comes i dont know what to do
Reply Quote
hmmm I had the same thoughts with the huge amount of Aoe these fights have now
at least more then some in ToT but with the old 4p on T15 do you think just upgrading with the huge gap of ilvl now is worth it?
Reply Quote
atm I have on the tier gloves and a flex chest but I haven't really tested it in the new raid or flex raid to see if it's a dps upgrade cause of this T15 4p
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
I've heard it takes about 30 iL worth of extra stats to out-weigh the HolyTV set bonus, which is normal T15 to normal T16 (522~553), or heroic-to-heroic, or even LFR-to-LFR (though this is only a 26 iL gap [502~528], due to Flex horning in on item level inflation); but heroic T15 to normal T16 is only a gap of 18 iL (535~553).

EDIT:
atm I have on the tier gloves and a flex chest but I haven't really tested it in the new raid or flex raid to see if it's a dps upgrade cause of this T15 4p

Put your T15 chest back on now. The 2pT15/2pT16 setup has been simmed as a truly significant DPS loss.

EDIT2: Also, WTF is up with your gemming? Pick a bias, for Dobbs' sake, and stick to it!
Edited by Grôgnárd on 9/17/2013 11:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I still have my 2p with the chest I have on right now

and did you mean my gemming? o.O
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
09/17/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Dcrump
I still have my 2p with the chest I have on right now

You need your 4pT15; double 2p is a massive DPS loss.

and did you mean my gemming? o.O

You have no clear bias; your gems are all over the damned place. Pick either strength or haste, and use gems to maximize whichever you chose. See following:

Strength-biased:
Meta: Capacitive Primal Diamond or Reverberating Primal Diamond
Red Sockets: Bold Primordial Ruby or Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnet
Yellow Sockets: Fierce Vermilion Onyx or Perfect Fierce Tiger Opal
Blue Sockets: Etched Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Etched Roguestone
– Hit Control: Sovereign Imperial Amethyst or Perfect Sovereign Roguestone
Prismatic: Bold Primordial Ruby

Haste-biased:
Meta: Capacitive Primal Diamond or Reverberating Primal Diamond
Red Sockets (1): Fierce Vermilion Onyx or Perfect Fierce Tiger Opal
Red Sockets (2): Wicked Vermilion Onyx or Perfect Wicked Tiger Opal
Yellow Sockets: Quick Sun's Radiance or Perfect Quick Sunstone
Blue Sockets: Lightning Wild Jade or Perfect Lightning Alexandrite
– Hit Control: Forceful Wild Jade or Perfect Forceful Alexandrite
Prismatic: Quick Sun's Radiance
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've heard it takes about 30 iL worth of extra stats to out-weigh the HolyTV set bonus, which is normal T15 to normal T16 (522~553), or heroic-to-heroic, or even LFR-to-LFR (though this is only a 26 iL gap [502~528], due to Flex horning in on item level inflation); but heroic T15 to normal T16 is only a gap of 18 iL (535~553).

EDIT:

Put your T15 chest back on now. The 2pT15/2pT16 setup has been simmed as a truly significant DPS loss.

EDIT2: Also, WTF is up with your gemming? Pick a bias, for Dobbs' sake, and stick to it!

Is that 30 ilevel on a single slot or do you mean overall? I mean would breaking my 4p through LFR shoulders for a flex non-set be worth it do you think?
Reply Quote
Yea the 2 pieces I have on were the ones I was trying to test last night to see if it was a dps increase, but I was hesitant to switch from T15 4p
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
09/17/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Paolodin
Is that 30 ilevel on a single slot or do you mean overall?

Should be single slot, but only when going from four-set to four-set in this case. With other tiers this can vary, as we wanted to transition from 4pT14 to 2pT14/2pT15 pretty quickly with only around 25 iL difference per slot.
Reply Quote
But I just wanted to get more opinions on it than just going with my gut
Edited by Dcrump on 9/17/2013 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]