Vale of Eternal Sorrows LFR

90 Worgen Mage
So! New wing is open. What do you guys think?

I had fun, it really shows off the devastation to the vale and the titan architecture is pretty pleasing. The fights are all pretty varied and interesting and they're more than straight zergs.

Immersius - nice opener! The group wiped once just because we had some healers that weren't working the tanks and some melee that couldn't move >> After that though going through the phases is pretty easy, pop him, kill bubbles, heal good bubbles, repeat.

Fallen Protectors - All the feels ;-; The poor Golden lotus. I liked He a lot. The fight is quite chaotic because its just open ground and the bosses running around, pretty fun and makes you really pay attention, again just a single wipe once we got mechanics figured.

Norushen - Haha ouch XD This took a few attempts, the Look Within mechanic seems like it needs a little work, first attempt I didn't get pulled in at all, 2nd I got pulled in twice within a minute of the 1st (I still had 5% corruption from the first time) 3rd attempt I got pulled in early on, got purified and managed to hang in the fight. Really important people kill Adds asap. I think the biggest limiter here is just the random nature of the Look Within mechanic because your top DPS'ers can be stuck at 75 or even 100 corruption most if not all of the fight if you're unlucky while Joe scrub might be pulled in 1-2 times. Overall, not bad, this'll definitely smooth out when people are geared.

Sha of Pride - Just a couple wipes. Fairly easy fight, the biggest thing seems to be to know when to stack together and when to spread, our first couple attempts most of the raid stayed stacked and kept getting wiped out to swelling pride. After people got the rhythm of spreading when he hits 100 energy it went a lot smoother. It did feel a bit easier but after Norushen that's pretty nice.

So yeah, new wing, I look forward to running it more and can't wait for the next wings, really looking forward to it. Initial run had 1-3 wipes each fight but gear and practice will make a considerable difference. I had fun overall! :)
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
1 shot Nor and Pride.

not hard at all. both have 1 main mechanic for DPS... that's it.

Hopefully this will be an enjoyable (stress free) LFR patch
Reply Quote
Had a blast myself!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Gave it one attempt so far before I bailed for the night. We did the first boss, and the one tank asked if anyone wanted an explanation. Half the raid said yes, and as he was explaining the second tank did a ready check didn't even wait for it and pulled, saying "It's LFR you can faceroll it". We lost about a third of the raid but managed a one shot. Then we did the Protectors fights. Again as the first tank was explaining the second tank started the fight, which was a wipe. In both fights the second tank did not know when to taunt swap and didn't know what to do, but he didn't care that the group was trying to coordinate. After his comment about the rest of the raid, "What a bunch of losers you'll never be heroic raiders" I left. I did look at his Amory after I left the raid, out of curiosity. Not a single regular kill anywhere, and he's bashing other people for wanting to make the run go smooth?

I'll give it another shot later tonight. The first fight was ridiculously boring, even moreso than Megarea but I'm looking forward to it on flex and normal.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
No wipes on first boss, 4 wiped on protectors (Try telling LFR idiots to switch targets, good luck)
No wipes on third boss and 1 wipe on sha. Was pretty enjoyable.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I havent done it yet, hopefully itll be good!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Was a little afraid after the first days of the ToT LFR wings, but I liked the Vale LFR a lot today. One wipe on Protectors and another right after when people didn't realize there'd be trash and face-pulled a couple groups, but other than that everyone did great.

I especially liked the Sha of Pride encounter, very cool.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I cam into a 3 determination protectors as a healer.

The highest dps was 95k with 3 stacks of determination on our first pull.
Most people stood in bad things, the tanks tanked all the adds together facing the raid so the AoE damage was pretty high.
Most people stood in bad things.
only 5 healers were actually healing.
only 2 healers healed above 75k hps
only 2 healers healed above 50k hps

It took us 6 stacks of determination with half the raid still dying by standing in bad things before we killed the protectors.

I left shortly after.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warrior
One shot every boss. A total of 5 people died the entire raid? Some of which accidentally face pulled trash on themselves.

It was utterly pathetically easy. I am i525 (LFR only) and was top 3 in dps. About 7 others were 70k-90k. The rest were 60k or so.

Did we viciously overgear it or is it just that easy?
A mage pulled the first boss, no explanation or ready check. No deaths no effort at all.

We got 2 sentences spoken about the second boss: skull > x > square. dps to 66% then 33% then kill them together. One shot.

Third boss we just pulled. I was second to be pulled into the shiny realm. It seemed the rate people were grabbed was very slow but we still dps'd at an ok clip. I even got bored and started chasing adds and tested the boss mechanics. The beam looked like TOTball so I stood in it a few times. It only hit for 60k a tick so a while into the fight I chased an add into it to see how long it would take to die. Let me tell you: you really have to try to pull it off. Anyway I was BR'z and he died. People were complaining that there were no orbs to boop ourselves with but other than that the only difficulty was not falling asleep.

Sha: 1 sentence explanation: go stand behind sha and step on orange things for prison.
And we one shot it.

TOT was way more fun the first week and the next 2 weeks thereafter because it was hard. Because we actually had to try. If the sha did not drop a pet I would not go back to this portion of LFR.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
In the LFR I was in we 1 shot all 4 boss's. It was fast, smooth, and I got some loot.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
After doing the third boss in LFR compared to Flex or normal, I don't like it all, Having to wait your turn to be ported in the orb is annoying.
Edited by Mertesacker on 9/17/2013 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I got a good run. There a lot of caring people who shouted what to do and majority of the raid following what to do.

Immerseus - At first we were stacked. Someone yelled to spread out. In our platform, someone yelled that we got no healer so a healer went there. Went smooth.

Protectors - Someone said that Rook > Sun > the other one. Someone's shouting out who to burn and managed to get it at 1%, 1%, 2% before getting them all killed. Again smooth. All but five survived the whole fight.

Norushen - Someone out of the five pulled a humongous bunch of adds. Didn't wiped but i died. :(. Wiped by the random Look Within mechanic. I think someone got pulled but didn't managed to complete it. A dk at 75% was first and me at 75% was second in the meter. Second try went awesomesauce.

Sha - Thanks to the priest who kept on shouting "SPREAD OUT IDIOTS!" repeatedly, managed not to die. Half of the dps died though during the swelling pride (proud that I'm not one of them).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've actually only done Immerseus on LFR. I ran flex wing 1 last week. It was quite enjoyable, required attention to mechanics. I'm betting the mechanics are even easier on LFR which will lend to an enjoyable experience for the casual masses.

I was *FASCINATED* by the fact that there's actually an entire titan station below the Vale, Loved seeing the fount of water in which Immerseus resides and how it feed the Vale and the Valley below. Great stuff. Norushen is fascination. I'm glad to finally see a Watcher try to do its job instead of being immediately corrupted by old god influence. The Titans should have used Mogu Watchers in all their titan installations because they seem to be extra resistant to old god corruption. Even flesh mogu learned to wield old god power without being consumed by it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
1shotted all bosses won 4 pieces of gear. Belt, cloak, 2 sets of gloves. Also got 2 secrets. I had a wonderful time.
Reply Quote
No wipes on first boss, 4 wiped on protectors (Try telling LFR idiots to switch targets, good luck)

HA! Try telling them to dispell
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Hm... Norushen is proving difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Norushen seems to be the only problem boss. I really don't like being elitist but this beam isn't hard to see y'all. Please don't stand in it. With the dps reduction and issues with being pulled into the other realm to clear it, losing dps to the beam just makes it take a ridiculously long time to down this boss.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Norushen seems to be the only problem boss. I really don't like being elitist but this beam isn't hard to see y'all. Please don't stand in it. With the dps reduction and issues with being pulled into the other realm to clear it, losing dps to the beam just makes it take a ridiculously long time to down this boss.

Owch.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

HA! Try telling them to dispell

I'm glad my group tended to be stacked up so I could md bane if it got out of hand since I was the only one dispelling.
Edited by Quorim on 9/17/2013 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Mostly enjoyed it. Didn't really wipe at all, had some deaths. I feel like the bosses are all very easy, probably on par with previous LFR.

Had some jackass who needed to make a comment about standing with the raid for the Zeal sha, as if I had done the raid before, but meh.

EDIT: By the way, what was so hard about Immersius that had that one guy crying on the forums earlier? He couldn't really be any easier...

EDIT #2: Actually I lied, the first group I was in was on the Sha of Pride, and we did wipe once before everyone realized what to do.
Edited by Bellumlupus on 9/17/2013 8:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]