highwind albatross and feral druids

100 Night Elf Druid
feral/guardian druids cannot shift while in the mouth of the highwind albatross, severely limiting our ability to properly DPS the bird.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Beast Mastery hunters also cannot use their pet, also making it impossible to do enough dps to stop the bird and keep it stopped.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, this was really annoying. I was stuck on one for 2 minutes auto attacking it with my staff.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Ugh, yes this is very annoying. Even if you hit the bird with Faerie Fire while in bear/cat, it dumps you back into caster form. Embarrassing the first time I tried using an albatross, I was lucky there was a priest nearby to help me get down. :|

Fortunately there's a workaround for us while we wait for it to be fixed: use Might of Ursoc to force yourself to shift into bear, or Dash to force yourself into cat.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ugh, yes this is very annoying. Even if you hit the bird with Faerie Fire while in bear/cat, it dumps you back into caster form. Embarrassing the first time I tried using an albatross, I was lucky there was a priest nearby to help me get down. :|

Fortunately there's a workaround for us while we wait for it to be fixed: use Might of Ursoc to force yourself to shift into bear, or Dash to force yourself into cat.

My husband's druid thanks you for this! =)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Dude you are awesome. I never would have thought to try those in the air. Big help
Reply Quote
16 Night Elf Warrior
Same here, spend forever trying to kill the Ablatross as feral Druid, totally fking lame Blizzard
Reply Quote
6 Human Warlock
All pet using classes suffer the same drawbacks. Feral druids get a really raw deal.

Lame implementation.

Kind of unbelievable that such a basic and fundamentally stupid type of error could be allowed into production.

Makes you wonder if any play testing is done at all.

From the number of other bugs introduced in the PTR that were clearly flagged by the PTR players on the forum, but roundly ignored by the dev team, it seems that the major bug is "Dev's dont' read PTR Bug Reports".
Reply Quote
91 Dwarf Hunter
I reported this day 1 of the patch and they have still not fixed it. They could have fixed it during
Tuesdays maintenance. I actually died the first day due to this bug.
Edited by Petwielder on 9/18/2013 6:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
feral druids just use displacer beast

hunters.....u got dual spec for a reason, stop crying
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Demo Warlocks cannot use Metamorphosis as well.
Thank you! Dear god i was stuck on this bird forever just auto attacking with my staff while searching the internet for solutions lol The might of Ursoc worked :)
Reply Quote
83 Tauren Shaman

OMG, I love you so much Porashota!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
OMG! Porashota your a bloody legend! that worked. And with a relatively short cooldown I can do them all in a row ! thank you!
Reply Quote
Also I found that casting prowl while you are in human form puts you right into cat form (in stealth obviously) but that works just as well
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]