PvE Low Healing?

I've been following guides, such as Noxxic and Icy-veins, but my healing is still substantially lower than other healers I've been seeing. Is my gear out of whack, or must I just not be using my spells correctly? Any help would be appreciated :3
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
You're missing gems and enchants, and your weapon is significantly below the rest of your ilvl.

And you're probably not spamming aoe heals so you can top meters.
Reply Quote
So, in raids I'm supposed to be spamming my AoE heals? Interesting..
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just a couple of tips;
Take Speed of Light (since you won't be sitting on Holy Power for long, the bonus MS won't really be obtained)
Take Clemency over Unbreakable Spirit (being able to HoP, HoS, and HoP twice as often can help out a ton (especially since HoS can prevent quite a large amount of damage, all this added utility will benefit more than the possibility of being able to get off a second LoH)
Personally I'd say take Divine Purpose over Holy Avenger (I enjoy it more and we already have 2 bursty healing cooldowns (ontop of HoS and DA); but this isn't really a huge thing (it's worth noting it's a lot stronger since the buff)
Usually in most situations Prism will give you more HPS than the other two (but you have to remember to use it off CD which can be a pain at times).

Take Glyph of Divine Plea over Glyph of Illumination (the amount of spirit required for Illumination to return more mana is abysmally low (like mostly blues/heroic gear); not to mention it hinges on your lowest priority secondary stat)
(Glyphed returns 36k/60 seconds; Unglyphed 36k/120 seconds or 135% of your spirit (which you would need 17,780 Spirit for this glyph to provide less of a benefit)

Math for those wondering how I got such an insanely high amount of spirit...
12% of 300,000 is 36,000
Divine Plea (unglyphed) will restore at least 12% of your mana or 135% of the spirit every 3 seconds over 9 seconds (so 3 ticks)
This means you would need 8,890 Spirit for the unglyphed to return more mana from spirit than it does from it's minimal % mana value
Glyphed it still returns 12% as the minimal value (whether or not this is a bug or not remains to be seen)
Since you can use this minimal value of 12% twice every 120 seconds this means you'd have to have 17,780 Spirit (8,890*2) for this glyph to not be optimal
(72,000 Mana every 120 seconds [12% of your max mana, cast two times] vs 72,009 Mana every 120 seconds[17,780 Spirit * 1.35 * 3 ticks, cast one time])
Edited by Ryukami on 9/16/2013 5:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
09/15/2013 12:01 PMPosted by Sabbatum
I've been following guides, such as Noxxic
STOP RIGHT THERE. Close the tab.
Edited by Majintherm on 9/16/2013 5:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Monk
Take Sacred Shield over Eternal Flame. The paladins still running around with EF just don't know, man. They don't know the hilarity that is the new Sacred Shield. It's constantly my top 1 or 2 heal (the other being our mastery, Illuminated Healing) and it absorbs an insane amount. Does a lot more work than Eternal Flame does.* Absorbs > HoTs.**

*Granted, I've done an LFR and a Flex, both 25's. I outhealed better geared healers both times, and one of them was a pally using EF like it was patch 5.3, and was surprisingly not far behind a similarly geared Disc priest on the absorb meters. Between our mastery and SS that's a lot of absorbs going out. So being that I've only done two raids and they were both easy mode non-normal/heroics, take this with a grain of salt.

**Don't take this with a grain of salt as this is undeniably true. HoT's aren't as useful as preventing damage from ever happening in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Take Sacred Shield over Eternal Flame. The paladins still running around with EF just don't know, man. They don't know the hilarity that is the new Sacred Shield. It's constantly my top 1 or 2 heal (the other being our mastery, Illuminated Healing) and it absorbs an insane amount. Does a lot more work than Eternal Flame does.* Absorbs > HoTs.**

*Granted, I've done an LFR and a Flex, both 25's. I outhealed better geared healers both times, and one of them was a pally using EF like it was patch 5.3, and was surprisingly not far behind a similarly geared Disc priest on the absorb meters. Between our mastery and SS that's a lot of absorbs going out. So being that I've only done two raids and they were both easy mode non-normal/heroics, take this with a grain of salt.

**Don't take this with a grain of salt as this is undeniably true. HoT's aren't as useful as preventing damage from ever happening in the first place.

3 hours ago

dont listen to this guy, EF is still the best way to go. SH is a close second and SS is only situational. SS costs mana, uses a GlobCD and is useless during times of low dmg, where EF can be effective all the time

Best things for holy pallies to do is:
holy shock on CD
keep as many EF's going on people as you can without going oom
Use plea early and often
time your CD's
work crusader strike in for HP generation
weak-aura's(timers and proc indicators) for your meta, cloak, and infusion of light
Reply Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the tips, guys :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]