BlizzCon 2013 - Shape the WoW Art Panel

81 Human Mage
My question is about Cropping/Clipping.
Do you guys ever intend to fix the innumerable cropping/clipping issues in the game?

The main reason I play a game is to be immersed in it and escape into an alternate *reality,* and when hair and eyebrows crop through helmets, tails and weapons crop through capes, or legs crop through/sink into mounts, it takes away greatly from the ambiance. As an artist I notice these things and they bother me greatly. I know many others who feel the same way.
The mount issues especially... As players who like to quest and explore, we spend a great deal of time looking at our characters mounted. The night elf female sits way too far forward on mounts and her legs crop through *even her racial mount.* Some races have an uneven riding position, with the Pandaren female being the most extreme example I think; one of her legs jutting out way further than the other, because she's tilted off center to one side of the mount.
It's just unrealistic, and looks like sloppy, thrown together work. Which is a shame because Blizzard I know you have the capability of doing such stunning, professional, gorgeous artwork. Your team has produced awe-inspiring artwork after artwork. Even the textures in the game are painted, not photos, which I absolutely love. I have been playing for years and still no fixes. These issues belie your capabilities and I hope you will consider addressing them. Thank you. :)
Edited by Shegreen on 9/24/2013 6:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
the designs of the cities and what goes into adding new things to them when new professions are created or when the barber shops were created, how the cities got their looks and how they are expanded upon and what we might see in the future
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
With so many Armor sets that have been designed over the years, is there any chance that the vendors in the major cities could be revamped to sell the Uncommon and Rare quality sets? They don't have to have stats, just be cosmetic. I just thought that most of the shops seem pointless for selling common items, and there are a lot of gear sets out there that could be sold.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Why are some of the recolors for armor sets incomplete or missing pieces, and why is it that some tier pieces are mismatched as far as artwork is concerned?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
When is the next Expansion coming out?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
BlizzCon SOOOO SOOON!!!!!

Who's ready?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Questions:

Are there any new forms of graphics design being used with the next wow patch or expansion? Can you preview them to us?
I am asking about things like new ideas for spell effects (like the new spells in mop that show the area where they are hitting etc).

I would also like to ask if there is anything new on the horizon in regards to challenge mode armor effects? Some of the cm gear effects (mage, shaman, hunter, dk) looked really cool, while mine(druid) were pretty underwhelming. It would be really cool if tier armor could incorporate those effects and maybe have an option in the ui to enable or disable armor effects in the future.

Any news on the Fei Dragon mount that was datamined on mmo-champion? It looks amazing but it's sad to see such an awesome mount not implemented in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Are there any plans to bring weather effects into SW/Org? I think it would add to the immersion of the cities. Would it be possible to make windows have light coming from them, intermittently? As though people where lighting candles so they can see in their homes at night.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Will the texture of older armor be updated to match that of cata and MoP gear? I tried to mix and match Azeroth quest gear with Northrend gear that fit the color, but the textures wouldn't match. The art for armor starting in cata is more.. well has almsot 3d texture and all the older stuff is flat.

Also, will plate armor introduce shoulder armor that is one piece instead of a pair? Leather and mail have a very few shoulder pieces like that. Will there be more one-shoulder options?

One question that has always bugged me, why is it the belt and boots of a Stat set, say int plate or tank plate don't match the rest of the set? The visually matching belt or boots do not have the same stats. Obviously this is intentional, I want to know why the tier armor is designed this way.
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Rogue
@Karaglën
Are there any plans to bring weather effects into SW/Org? I think it would add to the immersion of the cities. Would it be possible to make windows have light coming from them, intermittently? As though people where lighting candles so they can see in their homes at night.

felt like Azeroth was using nws weather products to determine the weather across zones/continents. easy with the open api.

"it must be raining where the server is..."

environment
+lighting ambiance
+weather ambiance

character
+spell effects (area especially)
+character customization (voices, physical attributes)

items
+common, uncommon quality items that look cool
+collectable items with unique effects & mechanics

technical
...full-screen bloom returning...ever?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Everyone seems to be asking about character updates, so I won't. I want them, of course, I want them. Especially for dwarf, but I won't ask *grin*

Question #1:
Is there any possibility of seeing color dyes like we have in Diablo III incorperated into World of Warcraft for the purpose of making our amazing suits of mismatched armor match? How difficult or impossible would this be from an artist viewpoint?

Question #2:

I love the way that the armor now appears to actually stick out from the body a bit more-the belt buckles show, is there any indication that an improvement in the drape and flow of cloaks-and colors will improve? No, not meaning the legendary cloak, but more in the way that the less blinding patterns, more elegant, more detailed or just better falling & looking cloaks?

Thanks from a Fat Bouncy Dwarf Priestess -
Firefly, Zangarmarsh US
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
- Why do my eyebrows fall out every time I shave?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/16/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Bashiok
BlizzCon 2013 is fast approaching

So excited!!!!

Give us a hint, a teaser... something.

Actually, don't get fired. We can wait. :D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
So excited!!!!

Give us a hint, a teaser... something.

Actually, don't get fired. We can wait. :D

Hint - http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/adam/cece1ae262e4ed52773749fc8e26e56/wodtm.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
When you are designing a new Tier of armour models, are they visualised by several people and then approved by consensus, or is it a bit more 'dictatorial' with one person (or a few) having an overall direction that the designers must follow?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]