World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria is now live!
Players who have purchased the Mists of Pandaria expansion now have access to all of its content:
If you have any issues or concerns, we’re here to help:
World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.5
The latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/
- Many tooltips have been corrected to account for recent class balance adjustments.
- The 25% speed increase granted by Cat Form should no longer stack with the speed increase of Dash.
- All hunter aspects have been removed from the global cooldown, and they again share a 1 second category cooldown
- Holy Shock’s base damage has been reduced, and its spellpower coefficient has been increased.
- Havoc’s cooldown has been reduced from 45 to 25 seconds.
- The missile effect of Chaos Wave should no longer display erratically when cast on a moving target.
- Well of Eternity
- The spell graphic for Arcane Bomb during the Queen Azshara encounter has been reduced to a reasonable size.
- The Silence and Pacify effects from Conservator's Grip are now removed from players once they step within the appropriate area radius of a Healthy Spore mushroom.
- Dragon Soul
- Player pets should no longer experience pathing issues when attacking Deathwing's Arm Tentacles.
- Congealing Bloods now move at slower base speed.
- Master Looters can again assign loot to players in other groups within a raid.
- The Refer-A-Friend Summon should again function as expected.
- Worgen players on pre-Cataclysm accounts should be able to accept and complete all Gilneas quests.
- Players should again be able to teleport out of the Firelands Hatchery in Hyjal if they have completed Aessina's Miracle.
- Players should be able to use the new Fishing spell where appropriate.
- Crossing coalesced zone boundaries should not duplicate profession recipes.
- Players should no longer inappropriately receive the "Requires master riding skill" or "Requires artisan riding skill" errors when attempting to mount certain mounts.
- Items in the Auction House UI should no longer display in reverse order when sorted.
- The PvP node capture bar should be back in expected locations such as Wintergrasp, Tol Barad and Venture Bay.
- Players should no longer be placed into battlegrounds that they have downvoted while queueing for a Random battleground.
- Flying over Wintergrasp when no battle is active should no longer cause a forced dismount.
- Accepting a quest that flags you for PvP combat should no longer prevent you from accepting further quests.
- As he deserves, Crithto should now be attackable by both Alliance and Horde players.
- Resolved a Mac issue related to CPU usage.
World of Warcraft Patch 5.0.4
These patch notes can be found at http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7080372.
- Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
- In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
- Please read: Bringing Achievements to the Account Level, by Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street
- World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
- Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde’s supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they’ll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans…
- This Scenario will become available in the weeks leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.
- AOE Looting
- Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.
- BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
- Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
- See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
- Add and remove BattleTag friends.
- Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.
- Cross-Realm Zones
- In some zones, players are now able to form a group with other players from a select pool of realms.
- When a player is in a zone that is set as a “cross-realm zone”, in addition to seeing other players from their native realm, they’ll also seamlessly see (and be able to play with) players from other realms.
- Players will always be able to group and quest as they normally would with players from their native realm.
- This functionality will be enabled for a limited number of realms at first, and will be granted to additional realms as we near the release of Mists of Pandaria.
- All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.
- Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
- Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
- New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
- All characters now take 40% less damage from other players.
- Valor points have been converted to Justice points, and Conquest points have been converted to Honor points.
- Players are no longer able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses drop Justice, and arenas are closed).
- Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest are available for Justice/Honor.
- Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
- Head enchants removed
- Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.
- Relics, ranged, and thrown items
- The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
- Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
- Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.
- The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
- Prime glyphs have been removed.
- Chef’s Award and Dalaran Cooking Award have been removed. Existing awards have been converted to Epicurean’s Award.
- The cap for daily quests has been removed.
- There is no longer a displayed count of daily quests completed.
- There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
- Character creation screens have been updated.
- Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
- New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
- The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
- Vendors now offer item filtering.
- Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
- The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
- A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.
- Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported.
- Added full support for Retina displays.
- Added support for game resolutions that match Mac screen aspect ratios.
- Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes should be faster.
- A “Help” menu has been added, so that players can quickly navigate to support pages.
- A menu item that allows players to copy system information to the Clipboard has been added.
- A menu item that reveals various game files and folders in Finder has been added.