Diablo® III

A letter to all D3 developers and players (about AH)

09/23/2013 10:24 AMPosted by HvyHvyLowLow
Without knowing how things are going to pan out right now, it's pointless to argue for/against the AH. I doubt we will have the same trading system as D2. Travis is a smart guy, he wouldn't make such a large decision without some tricks up his sleeve. You can compare the AH to a sick kid and quit the game. None of us care. Bye.

You come to other's post and say bye to the OP? I will go whenever I feel like this is the time to go, you don't even need to try kicking me out, lol.

Perhaps you are the owner of Blizzard, but I don't think he talks in this way.

By the way, all the people who make the assumption "not me" equals to "none of us" sound really cocky to me.
Edited by HFLY#1189 on 9/23/2013 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

To the developers, the thing I want to say is, if you have an unhealthy son, would you find a way to heal him or abandon him because of the pressure from outside?

This is a pretty terrible comparison. First of all... really? A sick kid?

Second. If you insist on using the sick kid analogy, the kid isn't the AH. It's Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is sick, and the AH is one of its many symptoms. Blizzard isn't abandoning Diablo 3 (the sick kid), they're treating its symptoms.
Reply Quote

To the developers, the thing I want to say is, if you have an unhealthy son, would you find a way to heal him or abandon him because of the pressure from outside?

Second. If you insist on using the sick kid analogy, the kid isn't the AH. It's Diablo 3. Diablo 3 is sick, and the AH is one of its many symptoms. Blizzard isn't abandoning Diablo 3 (the sick kid), they're treating its symptoms.

Read #28 and #31
Edited by HFLY#1189 on 9/23/2013 10:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
crap.
Reply Quote
They should have made ALL listings charged a 'fee' upfront. This will reduce the garbage on the AH. And people will think twice before listing so many garbage.

Currently there is no fee for listing your 10 items and the fees are only taken if it gets sold.
This was done to promote people to 'use' the AH. and get it to be cluttered.

Now its all cluttered and littered with junk. Time to take a step back and put in "fees". This will also create a huge gold sink. People listing stuff that don't sell over and over will eat a person's gold bank. Listing fees could scale up after 1 listing. Take away the 10 item limit and start sucking up more gold from people's stash. increasing fees after the first listing item.

Create a Separate Server for those who want to play on the AH.
(Actually, makes more sense to leave the current realm the way it is and introduce a brand new realm with no AH).

Another thing is they could have a separate server and allow people to transfer into it. But you can't transfer out of it.
Reply Quote

Read #28 and #31

That's still a stupid comparison. The AH isn't needed for the survival of Diablo 3.

Edit: If anything, the AH would be a ruptured appendix.
Edited by porrage#1324 on 9/23/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

The sick son is Diablo 3...

And the diagnosis returned " AH+ "
Reply Quote
The trading problems of D2 were a side problem minor in the face of the interest of the game itself. AH and the corresponding loot rates made the rest of the game far less fun, in a sense only the heavy farmer addicted, the gold buyers and the AH tycoons had fun in Diablo III.

This isn't the game Blizzard wanted to make and it isn't the game I wanted to play either. I'm sorry all of you AH lovers got your game destroyed but it happens, like ascended in GW2, a game can change beyond recognition. You'll just have to accept that and move on.
Reply Quote

Read #28 and #31

That's still a stupid comparison. The AH isn't needed for the survival of Diablo 3.

Not needed to you doesn't mean not needed to some one else.

If you don't need it, you can choose to not use it. What the incentive you have to make it shut down?
Reply Quote
HFLY I was with you until you threatened quitting man but that makes you no better than the original parasites that lost us the AH in the first place.

AH tycoon is a childish way of saying that the d3 players actually controlled the ecomony.
No one seemed to understand that, but there aren't a whole lot of educated opinions seen here on the forums.

You are SO right about people saying absolutely anything on these forums, everyone wants to complain and be heard even if they don't have any intelligence behind their words. I hate that Blizz wasn't confident enough to feel they knew best in that the AH was a very successful solution to the trading problems of D2. Maybe they have something else up their sleeve? But I fear its not something that will solve the problem that will immediately arise from an increase in bots and 3rd party item sellers

"threatened", lol.

If I did so, I won't be able to use this forum any longer. Let's see.

If you change your mind so easily, you were just never with me, my friend.
Edited by HFLY#1189 on 9/23/2013 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Sucrilhus

Read #28 and #31
Reply Quote

Not needed to you doesn't mean not needed to some one else.

If you don't need it, you can choose to not use it. What the incentive you have to make it shut down?

No, it isn't needed. That is a fact. The existence of the auction house is not essential to Diablo 3.

Also my drop rates are affected by the existence of the auction house. Blizzard has already said that the drop rate/quality of items has to be changed because of the auction house. It creates a ripple effect regardless of whether or not it's used. And with the impending changes of Loot 2.0, the auction house's existence will clash with the increase in item quality.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 12:05 PMPosted by HFLY

Read #28 and #31

I have a hyperactive immune system that produces far too many white cells. Whenever I get a small cut it turns into a large rash due to my system reacting to everything in the air it views as foreign.

Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing. In this case it's a "organized trading system".
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 12:27 PMPosted by porrage
Blizzard has already said that the drop rate/quality of items has to be changed because of the auction house.

Really.

I googled it and didn't find any authorized statement about this.

You really think the current trade channel can satisfy the need for items to level up and go through the predictable difficulties in the new act without AHs?

I would say that I'm an approved veteran in this game; however, I'm not that cocky to predict that we can proceed ahead with enjoyable playing when the expansion comes out, given no AHs / equivalently reliable trading system.
Reply Quote
09/23/2013 02:33 PMPosted by HFLY
Blizzard has already said that the drop rate/quality of items has to be changed because of the auction house.

Really.

I googled it and didn't find any authorized statement about this.

You really think the current trade channel can satisfy the need for items to level up and go through the predictable difficulties in the new act without AHs?

I would say that I'm an approved veteran in this game; however, I'm not that cocky to predict that we can proceed ahead with enjoyable playing when the expansion comes out, given no AHs / equivalently reliable trading system.

It was a quote from Bashiok on these forums. I can't find it, but I'm not gonna waste time searching for it.

If you want proof that the auction house isn't necessary for Diablo 3 (and that drop rates on the PC version are based on the existence of the AH), you need look no further than the differences between the console version and the PC version. The console version doesn't have an auction house, and yet it is possible to play the entire game across all difficulties without ever having to trade without having to grind for hundreds of hours for that one special drop. So I don't care how much of a veteran you consider yourself to be, the console version is a working version of D3 without an AH that we can observe, and the general opinion is that the console version is superior.
Reply Quote
Are you seriously comparing the AH to a sick child ?

DIABLO 3 was the sick child. And the AH was the cancer.
Reply Quote
Anyone that compairs this decision to a sick child should be permabanned for life. Thank you and have a nice day, :)
Reply Quote
People just can't get over the thought of there would be any upgrades without the AH.

Diablo is a game where you hack, slash, kill and loot repeatedly. Most importantly, characters need to be rewarded based on their efforts. That was why the game was not designed with a massive world / content i.e. WoW. Right now because of AH, nobody cares to hack and slash.

AH is not sick. AH is a cancer to Diablo.

If AH is not removed, DIABLO WILL DIE.
Edited by Magic#1420 on 9/23/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I only had to look at the profile before reading the post to come to the conclusion the OP is an AH simulator hero..

I'll give you an analogy..

If a child had a broken piece of metal lodged in it's body close to a vital organ where the slightest move may kill them... the only way to save the childs life is to remove it..

Would you?

A) leave the object inside their body and just work around it.. somehow..
B) Remove to to save their life

Pick one..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]