Diablo® III

My story of D3 community generosity, Truly amazing!

90 Pandaren Priest
I just wanted to take this opportunity to share with you my story of the amazing generosity shown to me by the Twitch tv streamer Morikiopa and the D3 community; especially his viewers.

First off I played D2 and LoD for years and loved it so like many of you I was excited for D3. Unfortunately connection issues combined with a few disappointing aspects of game play forced me to return to WoW after only a few weeks of D3.
Fast-forward to a few weeks ago and I read about some amazing changes to the game and decided to try it out again. Needless to say the improvements were vast and I dove back in. I struggled to gear and begin paragon leveling a wizard under the build I read about known as the CM build.

About a week ago I discovered Mori's Twitch channel and began watching and decided to take a shot at a WD, he made it look fun and rewarding; so I leveled one.

I built up two million gold and worked up the courage to ask Mori for his help with gearing my fresh level 60. By the time he had the opportunity to help me I had managed to work up to 3.2 million gold. Discussing it with him he was willing to do the build even though he usually does 2bil+ builds for his stream.

So last night we start. He announces to his stream what he is going to do and I hand over the 3.2 million gold for him to go shopping.

What happened next blew my mind.

A member of his stream offered to donate 10 million to the build to help me out (crazycal). I was ecstatic to say the least. But this started a snowball effect; and within an hour people donated between 5 million and 500 million each as well as a huge selection of items to the build.

The build was dubbed “The Charity Build” and by the time everything was said and done we had 3.2 Billion gold to do the build.
You read that right; his viewers and the D3 community blew me away by turning my 3.2 million “ultra-budget build” into the 3.2 BILLION GOLD “Charity Build”.

Here is the video from the build, I hope it is okay that I post this link.
(There is some explicit language, fair warning)
http://www.twitch.tv/morikiopa/b/464818772
If the link is against rules please remove it, if it is removed its his 9/25/13 video.
It starts at about 1 hour 47 min, and the end product is showed off at about 3 hours 39 min.

Here is the final product:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ActingRude-1456/hero/36573278

I am still just shocked and amazed by how much everyone helped out.
Thank you so much to everyone who donated to make my come-back to D3 an amazingly positive experience. Thank you so much.
Reply Quote
Great!
Now u can just sell that stuff on the rmah because u will not need it anyway until march 2014.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
That seems like an unnecessary response =\
Either way though I encourage you to watch his stream, there is more to this game than waiting a month for payment to go through.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Welcome back! That's awesome you had such a memorable return to Diablo III. :)
Reply Quote
That is great! I enjoy helping new heroes as well! I have one question though....if you had 3.2bil to work with, why in the world are you wearing Strong Arm Bracers? I am missing something with that gear choice?

Anyways, it is a great story and i hope it continues!
Reply Quote
That's a bit over the top, but lucky you I guess ? 100m tops would have allowed you to catch up nicely, 3.2 B is about what I made flipping and no lifing on this game since release so sorry if I sound a bit sarcastic ;)
Reply Quote
Yea, nice come back (to diablo 3)
Edited by MadaraUchiha#1609 on 9/25/2013 6:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
Great story Percules and welcome back! The only thing that worries me about your situation now is you've reduced your chances of finding any upgrades significantly. Just be careful. It feels really rewarding when you find a great upgrade and I hope you still get to experience this at some point as you continue on your path to Paragon 100.

Did you happen to check out what's in store for the Reaper of Souls expansion? If you are enjoying the past changes just wait until the expansion, many new amazing features are being added.

I donated 20m to the cause. It was pretty awesome watching everyone pitch in. The twitch community is pretty amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
It definitely was very lucky, and really was a great moment. The bracers are (and this is what I think, not 100%) the best I could get with the budgeted 400mil an item with the stats that are important to the build.
Edited by ActingRude#1456 on 9/25/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That is great! I enjoy helping new heroes as well! I have one question though....if you had 3.2bil to work with, why in the world are you wearing Strong Arm Bracers? I am missing something with that gear choice?

Not just bracers, several sub-optimal pieces in there. Very nice of the people who helped you out tho!
Reply Quote
I don't understand it. Now you hardly can find any improving Item. Where's the fun?
Reply Quote
09/25/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Sirportalez
I don't understand it. Now you hardly can find any improving Item. Where's the fun?

Upgrades for alternates.
Reply Quote
Very nice story, besides you made me want to actually try and play my WD :)
Reply Quote
Awesome man.

The similarities between your WD and mine are pretty funny (mine has a placeholder ammy right now - normally I use the one on my barb).
Reply Quote
nice WD ^^
Reply Quote
That's dope. I had a experience which was kind of similar.

I met someone on the forums not too long after hitting 60 when I started playing in June and they had given me most of the gear that I'm still using today.

The pieces that I have upgraded I've given back to some friends I've made in game and when I get word they've done something nice for someone else it makes me grateful the person who donated me gear started that ripple effect.
Reply Quote
Hmmmm.... I think soon, trading will be removed from the game.

Look at the reason given by Blizz on why AH & RMAH will be shut down ----- "Player experience is short-circuited"

And this is another way of short-circuiting...

Brace yourself....
Reply Quote
MadMoriFTW!

Definitely awesome to see the way that set turned out.I hope u continue to play D3 and the awesome witch doctor class. Good Luck!
Reply Quote
That seems like an unnecessary response =\
Either way though I encourage you to watch his stream, there is more to this game than waiting a month for payment to go through.

Actually its not unnecessary!
I am an expirienced player and i had a LONG very LONG way to get the same DPS u have right now.
U missed pain pain and more pain of getting that stuff with your own muscles.

To be clear what i meant with the RoS statement...
U will NOT find anything good till then (or lets say its not likely u will... the odds are... low).
But even if! There is no point for u to play right now AT ALL. U are done...

So u could have some fun and and doing some stuff in the DIablo3 world right now with your new nice stuff OR u could just sell it and buy some CHEAP crappy stuff which u could actually improve.

Its just sad to see such a thing to me...
U must know i worked 3600 hours to get similar stuff like you!
All this u just missed. All the pain :D
If u just continue to use that stuff u got for free u could never ever expireinced the real Diablo3 adventure with all the bad Loot and wasted lifetime. (ok u coudl see that positive too..).

Good luck dude do what ever u think feels right!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]