Diablo® III

Monster damage scale per party member?

from what I read the only thing that scales is 50% additional monster health per party member, but for some reason I see huge difference in the damage I take on mp7-10 when playing with others comparing to solo. It could be attributed to things having a lot more health or additional lag or something as I heavily rely on freeze to avoid damage I just dont know but damn I rarely die solo even on mp10 where as soon as we have a party of 3+ its suicide fest every other elite.

thoughts?
Edited by Proff#2728 on 9/26/2013 10:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Normal and Inferno difficulty does not have any additional damage when a second player joins.

Nightmare and Hell do have damage scaling.

In this example of 3 players:

Nightmare: 110% monster damage
Hell: 120% monster damage
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Monster health should be the only thing increasing in Inferno when multiple players join you, Proff. Since the monsters get so much tougher, the amount of damage you see yourself taking might feel like it's increased since baddies have a longer opportunity to harm you.

When I pair up with my friends, I find myself feeling the same way if my resource management hasn't been tuned for longer fights. The longer the battle lasts, the more resources I'm using and the more damage I'll end up taking over time. You may be experiencing something similar.
Reply Quote
The longer the monster stays alive the longer you expose your self to taking damage and this effect causes you to think they do more damage to you when in fact they do the same damage.
Reply Quote
Reflect damage increases with more players in game. That's because it's damage is capped at 10% of a monster's full health pool, but it monster hp scales by 50% per player. So in a 4 player game, reflect damage is more than twice as effective.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 03:39 PMPosted by ivan
reflect damage is a bull!@#$ shield is what it is.... i nearly kill myself when i fire on mobs mp7 .... make the rest of the mods that deadly or learn to program properly thx... oh and !@#$ off with this time till next post %^-*...

U mad bro?
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Kirishima
Reflect damage increases with more players in game. That's because it's damage is capped at 10% of a monster's full health pool, but it monster hp scales by 50% per player. So in a 4 player game, reflect damage is more than twice as effective.

Its actually 75% on all difficulties. Used to be 75/95/115/135 for the different difficulties.
Reply Quote
09/26/2013 11:56 AMPosted by Kirishima

no, i think you are mistakened. the ultimate cap for reflect damage is (either 5% or 10%) of damage dealt.

in otherwords, you should always tune your dps/ehp/mitigation against a mp10 ehp boss siegebreaker.

this "cap thing" based on monster health is so that a 1 hp remaining mob doesn't deal the same amount of reflected damage.

it also means that players on mp10 will receive more reflected damage than players on mp0 if their attacks are capable of 1 shotting mobs.

the hp cap is there to "make things fair" for people 1 shotting mobs with no mitigation (glass cannons).

regardless, this will be much less of a problem in future. because

Critical Hit Chance - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Critical Hit Chance from items.
Block Chance - *You may have a maximum of 75.00% Block Chance.
Critical Hit Damage - *You may have a maximum of +250.00% Critical Hit Damage from items.
Movement Speed - *You may have a maximum of +25.00% movement speed from items
Gold Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Gold Find.
Magic Find - *This increase is diminished for rare and legendary and set items.
Magic Find - *You may have a maximum of +300.00% Magic Find.
Attack Speed - *You may have a maximum of +40.00% Attack Speed from items.

---
so I tested, the worlds top dps dh with 604k dps unbuffed drops to 193k dps.. I don't think RD will be much of a problem with so low a dps.
Edited by chrisloup#6305 on 9/26/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
so I guess no more pub games on mp10 for me thats the moral of the story :) The other day since I just decided to open my game I had a 20k hp DH join my game ... guess thats contributes to my experience.
Reply Quote
View profile
09/26/2013 10:23 PMPosted by Proff
so I guess no more pub games on mp10 for me thats the moral of the story :) The other day since I just decided to open my game I had a 20k hp DH join my game ... guess thats contributes to my experience.

unless you can solo mobs efficiently in a 4player game, you have to lower the monster power in public games. its such a flawed design because of the concept of monster power paired with the huge gaps in gear quality.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]