Diablo® III

Boardgame: Treasure Goblin

I made a post a while back about my creation: The Missunderstood Adventures of the Treasure Goblin: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6892090176#1

Now I just leave this for my US-friends. PDF-filed with rules, goblins and playfield in english, and there is also a black/white playfield for those who have a bad printer or just wanna be cheaper.

If you print out this field, I suggest you glue it on an empty pizza-cardboard and laminate it if you are gonna go to a friends house and play it while having food and drinks.

Link: http://www.diablo3pvp.se/images/newsimages/treasuregoblin_game.zip
From a Swedish community: http://diablo3pvp.se/

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I made a post a while back about my creation: The Missunderstood Adventures of the Treasure Goblin: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6892090176#1

Now I just leave this for my US-friends. PDF-filed with rules, goblins and playfield in english, and there is also a black/white playfield for those who have a bad printer or just wanna be cheaper.

If you print out this field, I suggest you glue it on an empty pizza-cardboard and laminate it if you are gonna go to a friends house and play it while having food and drinks.

Link: http://www.diablo3pvp.se/images/newsimages/treasuregoblin_game.zip
From a Swedish community: http://diablo3pvp.se/

Thanks.
This... this is truly glorious! The Treasure Goblin game you created not only has a great design, but it looks like a lot of fun! I'm totally going to try this out!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :) Do you have any plans to create other diabolical games or a Reaper of Souls-inspired Treasure Goblin expansion to your current game?
Reply Quote
Looks fun, but I'm not seeing anything in the rules to determine how many spaces you move. Is it based on the numerical value of the card you draw, and if so, is Jack-Ace = 11-14? Also, what do you do with cards you've drawn? Do they get put back on the bottom of the deck or set aside to be reshuffled if you happen to use all 52 cards before the game ends?
Reply Quote
10/15/2013 04:07 PMPosted by Vaeflare
Do you have any plans to create other diabolical games or a Reaper of Souls-inspired Treasure Goblin expansion to your current game?

OH please please please Enkeria for all that is worth in humanity respond that with:

Soon.

or the:

I dont have a current ETA or info to share yet but be sure to keep both eyes open! , I'll let you know

You have a golden chance here, do the right thing! do it for all of us !

@Vaeflare <3 :D
Edited by Colt#2370 on 10/15/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Neat idea, pretty cool that you made a board game!

Edit: I was wrong about my comment, deleted that part to avoid confusion.
Edited by zeek0#1830 on 10/16/2013 11:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Colt: indeed.

If I was the creator of this game I would replay like this:

Posted by Vaeflare
Do you have any plans to create other diabolical games or a Reaper of Souls-inspired Treasure Goblin expansion to your current game?

While we definitely have plans to improve our game in this field, we certainly don't have any ETA for those changes to come. However, we really appreciate your feedback on this topic, so we would like you to be a more specific about your comment. Especially:
What do you mean by diabolical content? Do you expect it to be more devilish or more demonic in nature? How do you think RoS expansion could have a good influence on the board game, and why? What changes are you looking forward to? Feel free to share the feedback, it's much needed and we really appreciate it!

edit: simple mistakes
Edited by Jalandar#2521 on 10/15/2013 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Haha ^ you nailed the blue style, also launched legit questions at the same time, good post :P
Reply Quote
This is excellent. I downloaded it and am going to totally play it right now with my boyfriend. :) Thanks so much for sharing.

Love the Blizzard community. So much passion, creativity, and love for the stories of Blizzard.

Update:

Ok, so we sat down for a good old game of Treasure Goblin while we ate tacos. Making my boyfriend act like Leah talking to Cain was pretty hilarious. It's definitely a game you want to play with more then two people though because of the "first one to say" events, but overall it was pretty fun.

My boyfriend recommended a "Act like Cydaea to a player of your choice" event, but you know, I think he just wanted me to assume my Maiden of Lust form. I told him this would not be appropriate for any self respecting treasure goblin to do.

He ended up winning in the end. I finished with about 2,000 gold or so with the majority of it being unsecured, he hit 997 secured and won with a total probably near 2,000. Trying to hit the "Portal" square can be really tough. Maybe more ways to secure gold or get to the Portal square itself would be good. We went through about two shuffles before finishing.

Anyways, we had a great time. We'll definitely play it again and maybe even add in our own events like "Act like Covetous Shen". Great concept and thanks so much again for posting.
Edited by CompleatWych#1423 on 10/16/2013 1:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This... this is truly glorious! The Treasure Goblin game you created not only has a great design, but it looks like a lot of fun! I'm totally going to try this out!

Thanks so much for sharing it with us. :) Do you have any plans to create other diabolical games or a Reaper of Souls-inspired Treasure Goblin expansion to your current game?

Thank you for a well-recieved bluepost.

Expansion? Soon!

If an "expansion" is released, you are gonna need the "vanilla-version". And I need to wait until Blizzard have more information about the expansion for us mortals. So no ETA yet. Any feedback is actually very welcome what kind of direction people wanna see.

Looks fun, but I'm not seeing anything in the rules to determine how many spaces you move. Is it based on the numerical value of the card you draw, and if so, is Jack-Ace = 11-14? Also, what do you do with cards you've drawn? Do they get put back on the bottom of the deck or set aside to be reshuffled if you happen to use all 52 cards before the game ends?

10, Jack, Queen, King = 10 steps is what I suggest.
Ace = 1 step.

When cards are done, but it on a second pile for shuffle later on -or- just put it back in somewhere (bottom etc.) It's actually up to you how you set the rules. The Goblins like to cheat anyways.

"Use a dice, not cards, to move around the battlefield"
Its in the rules, bottom left.

Neat idea, pretty cool that you made a board game!

Cards is the original rules, "a complete deck of cards (no jokers are in use) to trigger events and move around on the gamearea". But dice will do too if you want to play it in your own way.

10/15/2013 10:50 PMPosted by CompleatWych
This is excellent. I downloaded it and am going to totally play it right now with my boyfriend. :) Thanks so much for sharing.

I have taken some notes, thanks for playing and for sharing your experience.

Do people wanna see more portals or is it fine the way it is?

Edit: And thanks once again everyone!
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 10/16/2013 4:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard: You should buy the concept from Enkeria. Make a retail version and sell it and give Enkeria a cut.
Negociations are now open...
Reply Quote
Blizzard: You should buy the concept from Enkeria. Make a retail version and sell it and give Enkeria a cut.
Negociations are now open...

If I got money for that I would begin a real life, lol. That would've been awesome. But reality isn't like that, sorry to say.
Reply Quote
This game looks beautiful, and fun to play! Really, really, good job!
Reply Quote
10/16/2013 10:30 AMPosted by JustinBrowsn
This game looks beautiful, and fun to play! Really, really, good job!

Thanks. Some of the art isn't mine (but Blizzard Entertainment) so I can't take full credit.

Edit: The Blizzard Entertainment part.
Edited by Enkeria#1978 on 10/16/2013 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

I have taken some notes, thanks for playing and for sharing your experience.

Do people wanna see more portals or is it fine the way it is?

Edit: And thanks once again everyone!

I think at least one more portal space would be cool, BUT would this throw off the synergy of your board as a whole? If you didn't want to add another portal space to the board, then maybe revise the events to have more secure your gold prizes. I think there is only one as of right now, and I managed to pull it last night. That was my only secure really. I just got so unlucky! :)
Reply Quote
Interesting game, I wish I had some real life friends that were enough into diablo 3 to actually sit down and play such a fan friendly boardgame. Alas I don't, it would mean changing some of the more fan specific rules into something friendlier to newbies.

My most memorable moment while chasing a treasure goblin is while he was running away from me he dropped a legendary then changed direction and ran through a group of creatures to the other side of room. I thought to myself, that was one clever goblin dropping something most people couldn't ignore and then putting himself between a wall of creatures to buy even more time to escape. He knew the legendary was next to worthless to him, compared to the treasures he already possessed it was a calculated loss. He escaped with his loot, it was his victory, I vowed to settle the score with him some day.
Reply Quote
Cool... now to make some friends.....
Reply Quote
2-4 players are recommended.
Have anyone played with more?
Reply Quote
Looks so legit! I want to play that!
Reply Quote
Love the Blizzard community. So much passion, creativity, and love for the stories of Blizzard.

This!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]