Diablo® III

Why Hardcore in D3 is the way to go

if you have a decent internet, yes

if no, (and it's not usually your fault if you don't) then sadly you are forced to SC.

Sorry... want a cookie?
Reply Quote
I think i will start a HC barb. Been doing some research on how to counter rubberbanding.

How about you guys pick the gender and name for me!
Reply Quote
View profile
10/24/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Socs
The problem i have with HC as a Barb is the rubberbanding issue. Why spend hours playing just to die while trying to WW.?

Enrock just posted the solution to rubberbanding. It takes a tiny bit more skill and/or paying attention, but it's easy to learn. And if you really want to get crazy you can use a shield like I do and just not worry about a minor rubberband a few times a night.

Several guys who have posted in here regularly farm very high mp in HC, enrock/silentkiller/isolation/myself are all mp8 regulars. And I did a full a3 clear last night on mp10, talk about white knuckle action. I was mostly getting carried by tdm/final/sanctum, but still.

To get a feel for HC, go take your SC character with 10b in gear + great crafts and tell yourself that you will delete him if he ever dies in game. How would you gear differently? How would you react to a crazy double or triple pack in mp10 a2 or a3? How would you feel when you red-screened to save a buddy's life?
Reply Quote
[quote="103098241100"]
To get a feel for HC, go take your SC character with 10b in gear + great crafts and tell yourself that you will delete him if he ever dies in game. How would you gear differently? How would you react to a crazy double or triple pack in mp10 a2 or a3? How would you feel when you red-screened to save a buddy's life?

I would feel pretty hard core.
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Nicator
Hc is BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD, not sure why people play it just to die on their high paragon characters from a DC or bad choice. They must be crazy to risk to loose a character :)

It's not bad, is different. I played HC for years, and even in late D2, the community was a bit more interesting as bot scripts weren't that accurate (meaning bots died and economy wasn't that much of a joke).

Point is, while SC is about progression, HC is about flawless performance. If someone isn't interested in that, HC ain't for him. On the other hand, SC with unhindered progression is also a bit of a joke.

SK was being sarcastic, he loves HC :D

HC is a great way to experience D3 OP. Try it playing SF, it adds another layer of fun!
Reply Quote
I would have left this game a long time ago if it weren't for HC.
Reply Quote
I play hardcore in Path of Exile. But I can't fully commit to HC in D3. You know why? Because of lag and complete character loss upon death. It always sucks to die because of lag or to die because of mistakes you make. But in PoE, the suck is dampened by the fact that that hardcore character isn't lost forever, but is sent to the softcore/standard league. This, to me, makes that hardcore death not a complete loss of time. I don't play just for the fun in the moment of playing... I want to have a strong character and loot to show for it. Absolute death in hardcore in D3 is just too extreme for me. I want to at least have the ability to play my character in softcore afterwards. I like to invest my time in one character. If I did that for a year with a hardcore character in D3, and then died, to me, it would be like I never played D3 in the first place. Sorry guys, that isn't worth it to me at this point.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why are Dagger barbs allow to post here? :)

Lag/DC in SC is just about the same as in HC, the only difference is if you rubberband in a bad spot and die, you just don't remember it, same goes for lag/dc. I've had my share of DC's and lag in SC, but that wasn't a big deal, click a button or wait to get resurrected and move on.

Playing a Barb isn't a problem at all, learn what causes the rubber banding and you will never ever have problems with it, if you do, just search the HC forum and you'll find quite a few thoughtful discussions about it.

I've managed to get to 3+1xP100 and have lost many high Paragon chars and most of them in game and not because of DC or lag.
Reply Quote
10/24/2013 01:40 PMPosted by CyLaNt

It's not bad, is different. I played HC for years, and even in late D2, the community was a bit more interesting as bot scripts weren't that accurate (meaning bots died and economy wasn't that much of a joke).

Point is, while SC is about progression, HC is about flawless performance. If someone isn't interested in that, HC ain't for him. On the other hand, SC with unhindered progression is also a bit of a joke.

HC is a great way to experience D3 OP. Try it playing SF, it adds another layer of fun!

Ya, he asked me to look at his profile. Yet I've been in both D2 Ladder top 50 games both in SC and HC, same as public games in both modes. Main difference is how bad players can be in SC and in HC. But in higher levels, SC players push the limits every time, they go over the top and never get killed, a faster rhythm if you want. I do enjoy Bach, but sometimes I rather listen to The Beatles ;)
Reply Quote
If someone find the challenge of not dying in a game and took it as a must to prove something geeky, i guess its a potential mental health problem. There are plenty of ways to enjoy a game, and hc is not one of it. Blizzard should remove HC as it causes stress physically & mentally to anyone involved.
Reply Quote
Hardcore was the way to go in diablo 2 because the penalty in Soft Core, although it took away gold and experience, was not quite severe enough.

I mean, compare the two... your character dies and you lose exp and gold, if you were trying to get to level 99 then yeah... but depending on the build, skills weren't useful to your build up to level 99. Your character didn't get immortalized by reaching 99 like it did in hardcore, as some characters did.

In hardcore, if you made a barbarian, found a clan/ group of decent people, looted your corpse, there was enough security to play hardcore.

And making a barbarian of your own was money in the bank if you could run 2 diablos at one time because the higher and higher you get your battle orders the more security you obtained for your next character, which could be an energy shield sorceress used to start farming stuff for you to endure hardcore.

Great system.

Hardcore is the way to go in diablo 3 because each stat protects you against all types of attacks, and the penalty is obviously forcing you to play more defensively and therefore more intellegently. (More intelligently in theory though)

Barbarians are no longer necessarily money in the bank though... unfortunately...
Edited by AtlasMeCH on 10/24/2013 6:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Ya, he asked me to look at his profile. Yet I've been in both D2 Ladder top 50 games both in SC and HC, same as public games in both modes. Main difference is how bad players can be in SC and in HC. But in higher levels, SC players push the limits every time, they go over the top and never get killed, a faster rhythm if you want. I do enjoy Bach, but sometimes I rather listen to The Beatles ;)

Better than the Beatles:

http://www.twitch.tv/kornkills/c/3118684

MP10 Hardcore.
Reply Quote
There are plenty of ways to enjoy a game, and hc is not one of it. Blizzard should remove HC as it causes stress physically & mentally to anyone involved.

lol this comment causes me more mental stress than hardcore.
Reply Quote
Surely that lags and dc's can be frustrating while playing hc, but i will never play sc.As someone already stated, hc requires thinking and planing before every single move, unlike sc where you make a glass cannon and rush into elite pack.

Only thing i miss is the old difficulty, where going to next act in inferno used to mean something.i remember 800 dps BLUE swords selling for 2 mil of gold.beating act 4 was possible only for few people.someone might argue that game was too hard back then, but at least you had endgame and content.even tho on paper it's the same as today.

My friend that got me into hc 9 years ago was right:"Once you try hc, you won't go back, even if game looks the same.

He is right on 95% of cases
Reply Quote
Better than the Beatles:

MP10 Hardcore.

Better than Kornkills:

Silvont

:)

All you HC haters check my profile.
Edited by Silvont#1838 on 10/25/2013 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Better than the Beatles:

MP10 Hardcore.

Oh please, a WW Barb, really Camber?? I can't even bring myself to complete the WW achievement. I rather follow a live broadcast of a chess game over the radio :p
Reply Quote
10/23/2013 11:27 AMPosted by HermitBoy
Theodore Roosevelt once said “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty.”

I can breathe with no effort and yet it is worth doing. Because someone said something doesn't make it true.

Hardcore and softcore are both valid play styles, trying to convince people to play HC because that's your personal preference is pointless.

Final thought : did you know that both modes could be played on the same account and that both modes could be enjoyed by the same person for different reasons ?
Edited by Lyho#2769 on 10/25/2013 6:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/25/2013 04:17 AMPosted by Wxmyjnsn
Theodore Roosevelt once said “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty.”

I live by the mantra "work smarter not harder"

You live by the worst advice in the world :)
http://www.mikeroweworks.com/2013/08/why-work-smart-not-hard-is-the-worst-advice-in-the-world/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]