Diablo® III

BoA: Like or Dislike?

So legendaries and set items will be BoA in Reaper of Souls. Do you like it or dislike it?

Then give a quick sentence or two on why or why not. Personally, i like it.

They can finally make legendaries the kind of game/build changing items we wanted from the start without everyone having access to them (even with AH gone, 3rd party websites would have taken over). Will make the loot hunt so much more fun and enjoyable while still encouraging team play since you have the 2 hour window to trade with people in your party.
Edited by Zenrix#1891 on 11/12/2013 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
im opposed to it. i find trading fun and theyra taking it away from me. gL guys.
Reply Quote
1000 hours on a Stone of Jordan with arcane torrent -1? No, thank you.

DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME WHAT I LIKE.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

I like playing self found because it is my choice, not because I am forced to. BoAs ruin the loot hunt. I am not motivated to find items that only I can use, I want to find items that can be worth tons and then deciding to use it or trading it, or just hording it in my stash or showing it off. I want the choice, because the choice is what makes it fun. Who cares about BoA items? They are worthless and that is boring.
Reply Quote
I like BoA.
Reply Quote
1000 hours on a Stone of Jordan with arcane torrent -1? No, thank you.

DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME WHAT I LIKE.

You can use the Mystic to re-roll that affix, I think. It would be stupid not to include that.

I accept some form of BoA, but I think they are overdoing it.
Reply Quote
I like BOA, keeps out CC warriors. If you don't like what you have, enchant it or destroy it for mats. This is traditionally a loot grinding game, not loot trading game. The pay to win is horrible and with trade allowed, itll just continue in one form or another.
Reply Quote
Dislike,a game base on network can not trade their items? oh no...
Reply Quote
Dislike, roughly same thought as Kenorwox except that I didnt choose to play self found really... even tho I play solo about half the time cause I wanna clear what I wanna clear :D
Reply Quote
View profile
I'm intrigued by the idea.

I would currently side on: like.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

I like to be tormented with the decision making of keeping or trading a GG item that I have found.

It is just like the Blackthorne amulet with 8/78/8 stats that I have just found. I am still deciding if I should trade it away or play a CM wizard again.
Reply Quote
Actually, I'm neutral. But if I must choose one, I prefer BoA, I will jump from my chair if I get a good loot from drops, while this will not happen if this loot is from AH :)
Reply Quote
Like it.

Huge blow to 3rd parties, level playing field, longevity compared to trading for gear, and will promote a variety of builds now that legendary's/set's can be build changing and can't just be selected on the spot from a catalog when players feel like it.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 07:49 PMPosted by WCLee
while this will not happen if this loot is from AH

Then don't use the AH, problem solved.

11/12/2013 07:54 PMPosted by Phantom
longevity compared to trading for gear,

What longevity?
Reply Quote
I like it.

The developers recognized that people were just using the AH to obtain gear rather than playing the actual game.

Now the developers have the foresight to recognize that trading will have the same problems of the AH; people will rely on trading and third party websites to get the best gear instead of monster killing still.

Ultimately, it is better for the game for one to more effectively find gear/upgrades through gameplay rather than through an auction house or trading. Those who don't realize this are naive.

Plus, trading was boring as crap in D2 and took away time I could have spent playing with friends and clearing content. No more staring at trade chats and forums! Yay!
Reply Quote
View profile
Like BoA.

Long term goals and accomplishments are important, they're what keep me logging on to play. The trade game trivializes the whole concept of a loot hunt. Basically the point of the game at max level becomes getting the best gear possible, when the best items can freely be swapped among players the whole challenge and point of the game is thrown out.
Reply Quote
Like BOA

happy to see actual players get rewarded rather than bots/3rd party sites
Reply Quote
They just lost a sale on the expansion if every legendary is binded to my account when I pick it up, plain and simple.

There is zero reason to play this game with your friends, with strangers, with anyone. It is the ultimate single player game with this change. They got rid of the auction house, amazing decision that is beneficial to the game. Then they get rid of any legendary trading what so ever? Give me a break.

Goodbye Diablo 3. I was so so looking forward to playing again after blizzcon got me fired up, but with this news I will never play again unless it's changed.

Like BoA.

Long term goals and accomplishments are important, they're what keep me logging on to play. The trade game trivializes the whole concept of a loot hunt. Basically the point of the game at max level becomes getting the best gear possible, when the best items can freely be swapped among players the whole challenge and point of the game is thrown out.

Have you every played Diablo 1 or 2? When there is no auction house it isn't a "free swap" of high gear for high gear. It's an artform. Finding the perfect partner. Bartering the perfect trade. Acquiring what you need for your char and giving up something substantial in return. It's a complete rush in and of itself.

Now, I'll just go to the mystic and have a stash full of legendaries I can't do jack with and will be too valuable for me to want to disenchant them. COOL.
Edited by EvilDead#1115 on 11/12/2013 8:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Kenorwox
while this will not happen if this loot is from AH

Then don't use the AH, problem solved.

longevity compared to trading for gear,

What longevity?

haha longevity... this is gona be hillarious.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]