Diablo® III

BoA: Like or Dislike?

11/12/2013 07:57 PMPosted by Kenorwox
while this will not happen if this loot is from AH

Then don't use the AH, problem solved.

longevity compared to trading for gear,

What longevity?

It will take you longer to farm gear yourself than the current option; pulling out a credit card and/or using some gold to obtain every item you could want in a matter of minutes.

Trading is the same thing (especially since third party websites would flourish even more if BoA wasn't introduced AND the AH was removed) with the guise of a social interaction that is as deep as the social interaction I would have buying a coffee from someone at a Starbucks. Transaction ends and we go on our ways.
Reply Quote
dislike. to the point of I wont buy the expansion
Reply Quote
while this will not happen if this loot is from AH

Then don't use the AH, problem solved.

longevity compared to trading for gear,

What longevity?

What do you mean "what longevity"? If you need to rely on actually playing the game to advance, that means you will most likely get more playtime out of it then just skipping to the end of the loot hunt. I mean I don't want to say Duh....but Duh.
Edited by Phantom#1450 on 11/12/2013 8:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
Dislike. I feel like this is a cover to a more serious problem. Let's for a second say this change goes to live game. With Loot 2.0 apparently you average 6 Legs on a run solo Act3. Now lets say thats a 4 person co-op doing all the bounties and sticking together. Th extra MF might give em each and extra Legendary so bump it to 7 best case sccenario. Thats 28 Legs between 4 people. Now you might not always get what you want but with 24 Legs you've got some pretty decent options to choose from here. So lets say out of the 24 you get 1 good item for you that you love. Bang that's an item off your check list. With the new Loot 2.0 changes though thats probably more like 3-4 items off your check list because the stat ranges are ridiculously high and every Leg is pretty much a great roll on stats. Especially since they reduced the overall randomness to stat ranges. Hello 750-900 INT WUT?

So now that I've gotten my sweet Leg, now I just have to rinse and repeat eventually this will be pretty easy to get a fully maxed character. Much less time than it takes now. This is with trading how it's supposed to work, few hours till you cant trade with people in your party. If you were to do a speed run and kill everything in all 5 acts within that time limit you're looking at almost 20+ legendaries PER PLAYER... PER PLAYER!!! So their idea wasn't maybe we should lower the drop rate they said let's not allow trading so you can only use gear you find in your game. This way people get drops but they aren't allowed to just trade for 'em because we want them to "Earn ... [their] Loot" This is a huge problem because getting loot this quickly means that in a couple hundred hours you have max gear, and there is no need to trade with anyone besides those in your game, and this also pushes you to play with 4 people to maximize the loot return. All well and good but I'm not earning loot anymore I'm being handed it by the dev's instead of working for a piece and then trading it for something someone else worked equally hard for. Completely sidestepping the actual problem of too much loot.

IMHO they need to look at drop rates, from what I can tell Loot 2.0 and the console there are too many drops. It rains Legs and that's completely against earning it thats just doing nothing for it. I think they need to reduce the amount of legs to about 1-3 a run, Halving the number of legs per run is a big step in the right direction here. You still get them but hell they aren't being handed to you! Then allow trading this way I still have to actually take time and hunt for gear and "earn ... [my] loot" but I can also earn it by working hard for an item someone else wants and then having them give me the item I want for what they want. These two changes seriously need to at least be tested because the way it is now I feel like its just too much and a shoddy fix to a real problem. Here's to hoping they take heed and listen to the community on this one.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

I want to share what I find with people who may need it.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

You can, you just have a limited time window to do so.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

But my friends are not logged on when I found this amazing piece of gear...
Reply Quote
View profile
Have you every played Diablo 1 or 2? When there is no auction house it isn't a "free swap" of high gear for high gear. It's an artform. Finding the perfect partner. Bartering the perfect trade. Acquiring what you need for your char and giving up something substantial in return. It's a complete rush in and of itself.

Now, I'll just go to the mystic and have a stash full of legendaries I can't do jack with and will be too valuable for me to want to disenchant them. COOL.

Yes, I've played both on and offline. I have a good deal of experience with trading in D2 as well. It was a means to an end for me. It was the best way to progress my character so that's what I did even though I much prefer to find my upgrades.

I do like the idea of trading with people in game with me. In a lesser form I do think it adds a fun aspect to the game. However without restriction it takes over.
Reply Quote

Are you speaking in past tense about a future event?
Reply Quote
LIKE!

If you're nuking the GAH, then there's no need for trading the "good stuff".

Not everyone who played D1 or D2 traded. If the sole purpose of getting rid of the GAH is to make players play the game and not get all involved in upgrading stuff, then BOA makes perfect sense.
Reply Quote

Will this future event not happen? There is a likelihood that it will. No?

It's the same as building earthquake early warning systems so that we are better prepared for it when it hits.
Reply Quote
11/12/2013 08:02 PMPosted by EvilDead
There is zero reason to play this game with your friends, with strangers, with anyone. It is the ultimate single player game with this change. They got rid of the auction house, amazing decision that is beneficial to the game. Then they get rid of any legendary trading what so ever? Give me a break.

If people are in your game when a legendary or set item drops you have a 2 hour window were u can trade it between them, they have mentioned this many times in the last couple days.
Reply Quote

Will this future event not happen? There is a likelihood that it will. No?

It's the same as building earthquake early warning systems so that we are better prepared for it when it hits.

It didn't say anything about whether it will or won't happen. Even if it did, like I said you will have a window of time to give it to others within the game. Call them up or text them if it's that important. If not, then whatever. Personally I would say they shouldn't get it anyway. They aren't even playing or doing anything to earn it, therefor don't deserve it. Luckily for you Blizzard is more lenient then I in this matter.
Reply Quote
I like it! Botters can die a much deserved death!
Reply Quote
Dislike.

i agree with this,

"playing" the game for me is trading/buying selling as well as farming and questing. The aspect of trading is a more mature way to play the game. I for one am not a bot, I cannot enjoy "playing" the game eight hours straight without a few breathers, and those breathers are checking out what i can trade and trade for and then getting back to the farming with the gear i traded for.

It's also very interesting to see values fluctuate in the market as it is in real life. This is a more adult minded perspective on the game. you need a brain to predict the market, follow the market and know what to trade when.
Reply Quote
I like it! Botters can die a much deserved death!

There has to be another way than removing trades to fix bot problem.
Reply Quote
11 Gnome Mage
Like it.

Huge blow to 3rd parties, level playing field, longevity compared to trading for gear, and will promote a variety of builds now that legendary's/set's can be build changing and can't just be selected on the spot from a catalog when players feel like it.

BOA will not be a "huge blow" to 3rd Party sites. All this means is that 3rd Party sites will deal in accounts rather than items. Please stop spreading and believing these falsehoods.
Reply Quote
i won't give a definitive answer until i get an official patch release notes and RoS about it.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

I made a ton of friends trading items in D2. Take away this feature and I will not be buying this expansion. I thought with the removal of the AH the game would be more socially involved. This is just crippling that aspect. Why is Blizzard trying to separate the community as much as it possibly can?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]