Diablo® III

BoA: Like or Dislike?

11/12/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Zenrix
There is zero reason to play this game with your friends, with strangers, with anyone. It is the ultimate single player game with this change. They got rid of the auction house, amazing decision that is beneficial to the game. Then they get rid of any legendary trading what so ever? Give me a break.

If people are in your game when a legendary or set item drops you have a 2 hour window were u can trade it between them, they have mentioned this many times in the last couple days.

This is not an acceptable fix, I'm sorry. Especially if you are playing with strangers. Im a Wizard. I find an awesome Bow and am playing with strangers one of which is a Demon Hunter.

"want to trade?"

"I haven't found anything in this game, will you take this lesser value for it?"

Man that sounds like so much fun.

Yes, I've played both on and offline. I have a good deal of experience with trading in D2 as well. It was a means to an end for me. It was the best way to progress my character so that's what I did even though I much prefer to find my upgrades.

I do like the idea of trading with people in game with me. In a lesser form I do think it adds a fun aspect to the game. However without restriction it takes over.

So instead of having a means to an end, you just want a dead end?
Reply Quote
Like it.

Huge blow to 3rd parties, level playing field, longevity compared to trading for gear, and will promote a variety of builds now that legendary's/set's can be build changing and can't just be selected on the spot from a catalog when players feel like it.

BOA will not be a "huge blow" to 3rd Party sites. All this means is that 3rd Party sites will deal in accounts rather than items. Please stop spreading and believing these falsehoods.

Please. Now they have to raise a character to 70, find BiS gear for it, AND have to give up and repurchase a new cd-key for every single sale. Then there's the part where most people are after specific things and NOT an entire account. Then there's also the part where the account they just bought could be banned for botting (made even worse because accounts would be more expensive). The old way of doing things was much better for them business wise on so many levels. They could bot to their hearts content without giving up cd-keys and spread their botted item aids all over other peoples accounts which was much harder for Blizzard to enforce. They could ban the botters but people still had the cheated goods. Banning waves only really matter to players, and not as much to the botters themselves.

Ask yourself this. What if you want three specific BiS items. Now unless they happen to have the right combination of all three of those they wont be able to interchange them into one account. Even if you bought multiple accounts to get all the items you wanted you wouldnt be able to use them together anyway.
Edited by Phantom#1450 on 11/12/2013 10:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like the idea, I dislike the implementation. Bind on Equip would be far superior to Bind on Pickup in my opinion.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Absolutely love it. Botters & 24/7 players who do nothing but speed farm, flood the AH, and manipulate the economy are FINALLY getting $hit on by Blizzard.

Couldn't be happier!
Reply Quote
Absolutely love it. Botters & 24/7 players who do nothing but speed farm, flood the AH, and manipulate the economy are FINALLY getting $hit on by Blizzard.

Couldn't be happier!

Same :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wl1iONa53lM
Reply Quote
Dislike
Reply Quote
47 Orc Shaman
Notice the gear and characters of the people that like BOA.

Terrible gear and bad players. Lazy scrubs that want BIS handed to them.
Reply Quote

Oh ok Mr. WoW avatar...and 44 at that.

http://d3up.com/b/156991/phantom
Edited by Phantom#1450 on 11/12/2013 10:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think its a bad idea

get rid of AH sure, if they really are worried about this they need to make a self found mode instead.

blizz is acting a lot like obama care, making people switch to broad plans that dont fit the person
Reply Quote
Totally +1 to the proposed BoA system.

The benefits will far outweigh the negatives in the long run. Like with any decision regarding balance, there's always a design trade-off.
Reply Quote

lmao.. someones epeen got bent.
Reply Quote
View profile
So instead of having a means to an end, you just want a dead end?

What I want is fun, rewarding, addictive, gameplay. I want killing monsters to be the primary way we obtain our progression.
Reply Quote
I like!
The time and dedication you put in on the game should show your progress gear wize :)
Reply Quote

lmao.. someones epeen got bent.

How so?
Reply Quote
If it causes at least one chinese gold farmer to move to greener pastures, then I'm all for BoA. I'm sick of all the soliciting.
Reply Quote
DISLIKE

It's hard to tell this early on if anything they said, what we have heard,etc will even stick. But the whole removing trading completely? No thanks. Oh just because its BoA you think your getting rid of 3rd party sites and people buying their loot from them. They will just be paying for a carry though the highest difficulty and getting the loot just like in WoW when people pay to get carried through the raid for a Bind on pickup item. Be pretty easy since the legendary items are just falling from the sky from what I have read so far and higher difficulty better reward. Just my 2cents
Reply Quote
Dislike.

I don't want my only options to ultimately depend on RNG
Reply Quote
Dislike

There are many other ways to improve d3 than this. In my opinion, it seems that the devs are getting less creative and pretty lazy.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

This is a loot hunting game remember. I'm pretty sure a RNG is pretty important to that sort of thing.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

This is a loot hunting game remember. I'm pretty sure a RNG is pretty important to that sort of thing.

I can trade now though. If I find crap I don't need that is useful to someone else, I can trade.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]