Diablo® III

BoA: Like or Dislike?

This is a loot hunting game remember. I'm pretty sure a RNG is pretty important to that sort of thing.

I can trade now though. If I find crap I don't need that is useful to someone else, I can trade.

Not for long... muhaha :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfUM5xHUY4M

But seriously I'm my opinion a player should be hunting down loot in a loot hunting game. RNG will be more lenient this time around as well.
Reply Quote
View profile
I say it is needed as a good item sink.
Reply Quote
I like the idea a bit strange to AH and see 1000's of legendaries how many bul kathos and zunnimasa were their?
Reply Quote
Dislike

I dont think anything possitive will come out of it.
Reply Quote
Dislike

Take a look at any third party website that sells D3 items currently.

Now imagine that inventory drained of all legendaries and set items once BoA is in place.

I see a positive.
Reply Quote
Dislike

Now imagine that inventory drained of all legendaries and set items once BoA is in place.

I see a positive.

Why is anyone looking at 3rd party sites? Explain that to me first cause the logic just isn't there.

If the answer is "it's easier to acquire gear" than A. you are a hypocrite if you've ever denounced the auction house and B. you've used these sites before if it's a big positive to BOA items.

Have y'all ever heard the phrase "don't use it if you don't like it"? Of course, you've experienced the auction house and you all probably raged when someone said that.

Here's the thing: The auction house was Diablo's way of countering 3rd parties. Everyone complained and moaned and it's now gone. And if you never use 3rd party sites, how do they affect you? BOA affects me because I enjoy finding an amazing legendary item and knowing it has value outside of the game I am playing in and can net me something that my character can use.

I am not thinking "OMG I can sell this for XXX on a 3rd party site!" I am thinking "Awesome, this SoJ will net me a Shako's that will complete my set" (d2 references).

Now, you find an items that is elite and amazing and you have three options:

1. Sell it to someone in your game, better pray you aren't playing with strangers, or if you are that they found something in the game worthy of the item you found.

2. Stash it/disenchant it cause you'll never use it

3. Make a new character, which with infinite respecs only requires you to make one of each, and if one doesn't fit your play style too bad cause you have no other options for that item.

I am blown away that anyone supports BOA legendary items. Blown away.
Reply Quote
it should only be BOA after equiping an item imo. I want to be able to trade a good legendary/set item I found days later for a good legendary/set item I need...
Edited by Soundwave12#1134 on 11/13/2013 12:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
Dislike

I see a positive.

Thats exactly why i say no to ''BOA''
I like trading on 3rd party website and its the main reason why i played diablo2 for so long , and if you think it will stop people from boting World of warcraft was one of the first game to introduce ''BOA'' do you realy think it stopped botter ?

Oh the irony
Edited by Max#1372 on 11/13/2013 12:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 12:28 AMPosted by VILEINFECTED
Yes to BOA.

One question: Why?

Blind support doesn't do anything except make developers think they are right with no justification. I am by no means against someone who disagrees with my opinion, but I'd love an explanation so we can be better informed as a community and the dev team can understand this is a feature that really needs to be in the game.

because it shouldn't, but that is my opinion :)
Reply Quote
I am shocked that people don't understand that the AH was the answer to 3rd party websites, not BOA. And everyone made it their personal mission to get rid of it and got their wish and now? They are "DOWN WITH 3RD PARTIEZ!11!"

Seriously?

That is not an answer to the question "why do you support BOA items". It just isn't.
Reply Quote
Couldn't agree more with evil dead. BOA is a sell out method and ensures less choice for the players. Getting rid of the AH and adding BOA legendaries/customization might still help throw off 3rd party sites, but it negatively effects the players (me) more. Why would I give a damn about an item if it's truly "Blizzard's" in game item and not mine. It's leverage for trade and for personal character enjoyment, not some trophy that's worthless to anyone besides me. What a joke.
Edited by Matheyus#1507 on 11/13/2013 12:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/13/2013 12:33 AMPosted by EvilDead
Yes to BOA.

One question: Why?

Blind support doesn't do anything except make developers think they are right with no justification. I am by no means against someone who disagrees with my opinion, but I'd love an explanation so we can be better informed as a community and the dev team can understand this is a feature that really needs to be in the game.

because it shouldn't, but that is my opinion :)

Agreed again. I hate feeling like bots are sent out through forums to give the sensible crowd the hush. Write your opinion, not a bot-nod.
Reply Quote
I don't dislike it.

I understand how it's a necessary evil at this point. I have failed scouring through Loot 1.0 shtit for thousands of hours; I'm certainly open to something different. Additionally, I'll play all the classes, so personally I won't have any issues with finding something I wouldn't be able to use.
Reply Quote
Dislike to the point that i may not buy ros
Reply Quote
people who like this boa bull!@#$

have not played d2

and if they played d2 they got there %^- kicked by a pvper and got mad and quit

hell i got my *!@ kicked in d2 countless times but i still had fun
Reply Quote
Dislike.

Unless I can get an offline mode. There are no incentive for me, to play it online, when the only social interaction will be random pug's with a lousy chat system, and no trade to speak off.
Reply Quote
Dislike.

Why do you want the community to become anti-social and not trade with each other?
Reply Quote
Dislike is not a strong enough word to describe how I feel about it........
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]