Diablo® III

Please blue answer this (legacy crafts legendary items)

About the hellfire ring event edited for lvl 70. Firstly, I've never been able to craft myself one, I just never get the organs. On that note I'd say just make organs drop every time, then it'll make more sense. they're are a buncha other stuff to do in the xpak i see anyhow.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis
However, i was kinda let down by the whole Hellfire ring. I mean, you need to find plans for the ring, find plans for the machines, collect 9 keys, make 3 machines, open 3 portals, kill 6 ubers, get 3 organs,...in order to make 1 ring.

We learned a lot from the Infernal Machines and Hellfire Ring content, and the crafting changes mentioned above are the result of that learning process. In addition, it allows us the opportunity to iterate on this content for Reaper of Souls.

With that in mind, what do you think works best about the Infernal Machines and Hellfire Ring? If we were to create a level 70 version of this event, are there any changes you’d like to see?

As far as the hellfire ring goes I would like to see you do something similar that you have done with the other legendaries. Make it a crafted ring but needing crafting mats that fall off of certain bosses so you know you had to go through a lot to get it. Maybe have the player collect parts from the same bosses that they beat to get the ring as it stands now. Of course the non uber bosses.
Reply Quote
当然希望看到他牛逼闪闪 最好可以选择词缀 固定在某种职业的前提下
比如 可以让 自己某些 此系列 技能 攻击加成 减冷却加成 消耗缩减 无消耗 元素加成 技能释放 范围 有甚至无cd 数量上 等等...你们可以做到和想到的一切
比如 武僧做出戒指属性 1-1 攻击
2-3 敏捷(力量 敏捷 耐力 智力)
3-4 体能
5-6 磨抗(7-8的护甲)
特效词缀: 使你的某些技能可以无消耗 (然后 我可以指定 如果这样夸张 那就加个.... 使你的1 2 3 4 左右键的某个技能 在释放时 无消耗 虽然结局感觉都差不多 咳~)
重要的是 费尽周折的东东 绝大多时候就应该很厉害
但越是收益大的词缀 就越难做出来 用来保持 此..“费尽周折”的劳动
当然也可以是 使你的某些技能可以无消耗
使你的某些技能可以无冷却 共存2种
阿 那太难了~!当然我举的是比较极端的例子 如果有可能得到的话 我会笑死的
顺便提一下巅峰等级 我感觉 我们可以削弱装备上的 物品拾取范围 加强巅峰可点的点数
因为“巅峰”处于一种类似与 无限基本功的一种运作 所有有些基础性 方便的东东 是可以增加很多的 对了 还有 移动速度。全抗好像是加的250固定值 我感觉改成百分比会好些 否则很鸡肋 而移动速度 增加上限 我又感觉起码应该以50%做标准吧~也就是50%-80% 或者50%-100%这样子 暴击爆伤不说了 暴击百分之10很恰当 爆伤有点略低 100封顶比较好 这个100分的感觉 我感觉还是可以有的。。。
而无限的基础属性 很...不用多说
如果在拾取上分歧很大的话 干脆把拾取金币和拾取血球分开 直接 大方 果断 不矛盾 同时又丰富了那么一点点.. 虽然比生命偷取和击中回复 更暧昧 但感觉挺勇敢的 独立分配
啊 还有 我挺喜欢那个碾压率的 ^~ ^
(补充一下 巅峰等级也没有攻速- -!希望和爆伤一样的待遇 ^ ^
Edited by 唳风殃#3103 on 11/23/2013 1:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
^^ agreed.

Or not.

I have no idea. I need a translator.
Reply Quote
Topic seems pretty straight forward, what is good? What is bad? How do we maximize the event in ROS without putting too much work into it as that would take considerable time.

#1. Pros: People generally seem to like the feel of getting there, it's work, you have to move around the place, you have to invest time in getting the pieces on every level. All in all aside from people who really like sticking to one place this is probably just fine as it is in many ways.

#2. Cons: Nephalem Valor negates the current systems, functionality, as well as the removal of the MP system. Without any changes the HF ring will seem even less worth peoples time and effort and pretty much completely worthless to anyone who already has rings. The main con we run into even before the ROS question comes in is that people feel slighted on the reward. I put in all this work, it's great for leveling new characters, but it's generally not worth the effort on my main.

#3. Redesign: As I said before, a minimalistic approach to an existing event seems ideal as we don't want to wait 3 patches down the line to see the end result. So what do we do?
A. Depending on the new mode type you get a similar % drop rate for both keys and organs. Quick and easy people understand it, moving on...
B. Redesign the stat basis for the ring and bring it up to level 70 so that people will at least have a shot at utilizing it on their main. With the new Account wide paragon system increases to experience gains are going to be more worthwhile in the long run, but people don't want to feel penalized for trying to maximize their time.
C. People like variety and randomness. We're all playing Diablo, we all like the random. The encounters need a bit more of that, so do some tests on mixing and matching which bosses go into which portals. If the bosses can at the very least be paired differently it would give whole new life to the event without having to do a lot of complicated things like adding new bosses or levels.

Very simple, what is the effort to reward ratio ? If the event doesn't change it's going to be really heavy on effort and very light on reward.
Reply Quote
Have a question.

If you have learned all the plans in original and level up to 70,
in reaper of souls you just get the upgraded patterns of existing craft recipes?

If it is, I don't much like it...
Edited by AcRaNDiA#3837 on 11/22/2013 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
The ones you currently have in original will remain unchanged. They're simply adding new ones on top that can either be acquired through finding them, or by upgrading the follower to new levels that are only in ROS.
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 03:13 PMPosted by swordadpt
The ones you currently have in original will remain unchanged. They're simply adding new ones on top that can either be acquired through finding them, or by upgrading the follower to new levels that are only in ROS.

What do you mean by 'upgrading follower'? You mean blacksmith??
So All i have to do is just upgrading my artisans in ROS and it'll give me lv.70 legendary and sets recipes that i had in original. So, there no need to farm and learn the higher level of existing plan, Is it right?
Edited by AcRaNDiA#3837 on 11/22/2013 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yes, by follower I mean blacksmith, and mystic, and jeweler and whatnot. Upgrading them using the new scrolls will not give you the legendary recipes I don't believe. It will give you new rare ones similar to what upgrading them in the past has done.

Farming the existing plans (Let's say you were going for hallowed or something like that) would not give you the "Hallowed" of the ROS lvl 70 version. It seems the system is to have both Legacy and New so the plans you acquire now are simply going to become "Legacy plans". If you want the new Legendary and set ones you're going to have to find them yourself, or have a friend give it to you in the allowed time limit if they're BOA. Since the AH is going to be phased out by ROS release, these things are up to you to find or your friends games. If they happen to be top tier and still allowable to trade then you may still have a shot at trading or buying them off of someone.
Reply Quote
I see, I misunderstood what you meant by the usage of conjunction 'or'. (not 'and')
It sounded like I can get those in either way to me.

thx for reply swordadpt.
Reply Quote
11/19/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Nevalistis
If we were to create a level 70 version of this event, are there any changes you’d like to see?

The current Infernal Machine is way too hard for self found. Please don't increase the difficulty level in the level 70 Infernal Machine other than scaling it to the new level because the new better item drops will ease the difficulty to the perfect level.
Reply Quote
As I 've seen in RoS so far all crafted legendaries are just simple rares with 6 affixes. No special legendary bonus or something. Not worth crafting IMO.
Reply Quote
Well this is bloody stupid.

As hard as it is to find the plans, they are going to turn around and basically !@#$ on those of us that have some of them? Whether self found or bought makes no difference. They are still hard to come by, either way. Now? They are completely worthless. They should at least consider an option within the blacksmith or jeweler that can allow you to upgrade them to a later version, (at a cost obviously) I mean, I don't believe in getting things for nothing, but to have them and basically not able to use them at all? Why did we bother to have them in the first place?

Wow, I feel my time was severely wasted. This is the first time that this game has actually REALLY irked me off. Not happy, not at all.

Thanks.
Edited by DTMAce#1687 on 12/10/2013 10:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/22/2013 07:00 AMPosted by 唳风殃
当然希望看到他牛逼闪闪 最好可以选择词缀 固定在某种职业的前提下
比如 可以让 自己某些 此系列 技能 攻击加成 减冷却加成 消耗缩减 无消耗 元素加成 技能释放 范围 有甚至无cd 数量上 等等...你们可以做到和想到的一切
比如 武僧做出戒指属性 1-1 攻击
2-3 敏捷(力量 敏捷 耐力 智力)
3-4 体能
5-6 磨抗(7-8的护甲)
特效词缀: 使你的某些技能可以无消耗 (然后 我可以指定 如果这样夸张 那就加个.... 使你的1 2 3 4 左右键的某个技能 在释放时 无消耗 虽然结局感觉都差不多 咳~)
重要的是 费尽周折的东东 绝大多时候就应该很厉害
但越是收益大的词缀 就越难做出来 用来保持 此..“费尽周折”的劳动
当然也可以是 使你的某些技能可以无消耗
使你的某些技能可以无冷却 共存2种
阿 那太难了~!当然我举的是比较极端的例子 如果有可能得到的话 我会笑死的
顺便提一下巅峰等级 我感觉 我们可以削弱装备上的 物品拾取范围 加强巅峰可点的点数
因为“巅峰”处于一种类似与 无限基本功的一种运作 所有有些基础性 方便的东东 是可以增加很多的 对了 还有 移动速度。全抗好像是加的250固定值 我感觉改成百分比会好些 否则很鸡肋 而移动速度 增加上限 我又感觉起码应该以50%做标准吧~也就是50%-80% 或者50%-100%这样子 暴击爆伤不说了 暴击百分之10很恰当 爆伤有点略低 100封顶比较好 这个100分的感觉 我感觉还是可以有的。。。
而无限的基础属性 很...不用多说
如果在拾取上分歧很大的话 干脆把拾取金币和拾取血球分开 直接 大方 果断 不矛盾 同时又丰富了那么一点点.. 虽然比生命偷取和击中回复 更暧昧 但感觉挺勇敢的 独立分配
啊 还有 我挺喜欢那个碾压率的 ^~ ^
(补充一下 巅峰等级也没有攻速- -!希望和爆伤一样的待遇 ^ ^

I understand 100% and agree, Chinese Burritos are really American food, strangely enough.
Reply Quote
For hellfire rings:

The good:

- 2 bosses are more challenging than one. While still not truly as difficult as I've hoped, it's still fresh compared to other stuff.

- Key wardens having special abilities was interesting (though again, that could be improved a lot).

- Item is useful, yet getting an extremely overpowered one is extremely difficult.

The bad:

- At lower MP levels, you get penalized twice - Once for key drop chance, and once for organ drop chance, so the extra farming time needed when you play on lower MP just doesn't scale in a proportional way. Even just the 10% per MP level is not exactly well-thought scaling (but then again, neither was the demonic essence drop rate, even though it does seem like it got some more thought put into it).

- Parties get quadrupled returns on their keys, since you only need 1 machine per 4 players. Once your friends stop playing, the time it takes to craft 1 ring almost multiplies itself by 4. Giving 30% experience bonus to parties is reasonable, but 400% extra drop rate on a potentially incredible item simply isn't.

- % experience bonus is a bit similar to % MF bonus in concept, which even Blizzard realized is not a very good concept. The 35% experience boost makes it pretty much must-have to anyone who even remotely considers paragon 100.

Also, the fact we don't know if there will be alternatives to the hellfire ring at level 70 means we have to gamble on whether we should spend a lot of time farming them now to enchant later with higher main stat, or if that's a complete waste of time. Same goes for farming other legacy items which may or may not be either irreplaceable or useless after we play for a while in Reaper of Souls (crit dmg crit chance attack speed socket + main-stat-enchant-able-affix amulets/rings, lacuni prawlers with crit resists and main-stat-enchant-able-affix, crit mempo of twilight, stone of jordan with whatever skill is overpowered in the expansion...).
Edited by GalZohar#2718 on 1/8/2014 11:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]