Diablo® III

I hate to say this, but it is the truth.

To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished
Edited by Unvarnished#1486 on 11/17/2013 2:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
similar in an ARPG

otherwise a game that fixed D2 problems like a non shared stash or eliminating potion spam

D2's biggest problem for me was the skills, take the much loved frozen orb and yet hit level 30, put one point in it and you now understand the skill as it never changes, putting a skill point 20 into a skill and getting maybe 5% extra damage just isn't that interesting, its a lot of minor upgrades.

next fix was making items a flat requirement across all classes no maxed MF gear sorcs that avoided most damage and didn't even need resists, retrieving gear as a barb is painful compared to teleport

Auto-gold pick up, just stopped picking up D2 gold entirely
Reply Quote
why make 2 of the same game? lawl
Reply Quote
To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished

What about all the new players that bought the game to try it out and have never played D1 or D2? Do they count in your 'playerbase'? I hope so. Their opinions matter just as much as yours.

Personally i was very pleased with D3.
Reply Quote
I'd rather have something I was very used to playing in the past, compared to a lot of the changes that were implemented. I mean no runes? no charms? runewords? Come on, it were those things that made D2/LoD so great. I hope they bring something back similar to that in RoS, or else they will lose more players after the first few months.
Reply Quote
I was not expecting it, and would have not bought D3 if it was like D2.
Reply Quote
100% of the time 100% of the people are 100% sure what they say is factual. And 60% of the time it works everytime.

You forgot to mention "the real diablo fans".
Reply Quote
Which is why I said 85% of the player base. A majority of the player base in Diablo 3 were returning D2 players who were expecting something very similar to D2. 8 years after D2 was released, people continued playing it compared to the amount of people playing D3 now a year and a half after release. Then yet again, Diablo 2 also became great after the expansion, so I hoping to see what RoS brings.

All in all, let's see where this next expansion takes the future of the game. Blizzard promised us PvP Arenas in BlizzCon 09', and what did we get, Brawling? I felt that was more of an insult to us if anything. It is the players that keep the game going, and compared to D2, D3 lost a crap ton of its player base because people got bored of it. I am praying Reaper of Souls is the solution to this problem.
Edited by Unvarnished#1486 on 11/17/2013 2:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
I like the fact that Blizzard tried a new approach and I would have been disappointed if they just made a D2 update.

People forget that D2 had problems and it took years to sort them out and add new features. Look at the changes they have made to D3 in only 1.5 years and look at the upcoming changes.

Count me as a happy customer and getting happier as time goes by.
Edited by SirRight#1618 on 11/17/2013 2:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
My calculations are different.
19.5% were butthurt because they didn't have a cellphone plan or credit card at launch so could not cash out at money house so bullied the adults and Blizzard in game and the forums.
9% of these players hid behind a Warcraft account and 7% of this 9% had less than 500 hours playtime.

90% didn't want Diablo 2 remake but something that progressed like it with new and unique weapons and abilities.

99% of Diablo 3 players wanted a darker, medieval, feel of the game.

99% of Diablo 3 players who understood the Itemization didn't like that Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Attack Speed and Average Damage on weapons and Armour was all you need to beat any self found in this game.

99% of Diablo 3 players want a matchmaking system where the player can choose certain criteria for who joins the party.

7.5% remember Diablo 2 through rose tinted glasses for the PVP and trading. Of this group, 94% used exploits to obtain the best gear.

80% of Diablo 2 players played through either once or twice and never returned.

6% of Diablo 2 players became elitists who controlled PVP years after the mass moved on.
Reply Quote
lol where do you guys even get your stats from?
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:42 PMPosted by Unvarnished
I'd rather have something I was very used to playing in the past, compared to a lot of the changes that were implemented. I mean no runes? no charms? runewords? Come on, it were those things that made D2/LoD so great. I hope they bring something back similar to that in RoS, or else they will lose more players after the first few months.

so if you buy a 2014 car you want it to be just like a 2000 model with absolutely no updates or changes? Or your computer should still operate like it did in 2000? Or we should all go back to VHS because that's what we had when we were kids? Or we should all trade in our iPods for Discman's because they worked perfectly fine? Do you want me to keep going? They made a different game from Diablo 2, get over it...
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:49 PMPosted by Unvarnished
A majority of the player base in Diablo 3 were returning D2 players who were expecting something very similar to D2.

You're gonna have to provide an actual source for that if you want me to take it seriously. Otherwise, I'm counting it under the old "97% of statistic are made up on the spot" rule.

D2 was a boring, repetitive, zero-skill grind in my experience, and I never would have even considered buying D3 based on playing D2. In fact, the only reason I have D3 at all is because I got it for free from playing WoW. My experience with D3, on the other hand, actually has me looking forward to buying RoS.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Angst
lol where do you guys even get your stats from?

They are scouring deep down in the pits of behind for those numbers.
Reply Quote
Did you know that 80% of all internet-statistics are completely pulled out of somebodys !@#?
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:38 PMPosted by cheese
why make 2 of the same game? lawl

qft
Reply Quote
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408614-Diablo-III-Infographic-Shows-2-1-Million-Players-Still-Log-On-Daily

For all of you statistic lovers, 2.1 million players a day compared to the 12 million lost players who either went back to D2 or to other games. Enjoy.
Reply Quote
D2 was a boring, repetitive, zero-skill grind in my experience, and I never would have even considered buying D3 based on playing D2.
You should know that your taste in games is terrible. Take a look at the awards page for D3. The world disagrees with you.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/awards.html

Diablo 3, as popular as it was, didn't win any notable awards.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Nishi
D2 was a boring, repetitive, zero-skill grind in my experience, and I never would have even considered buying D3 based on playing D2.
You should know that your taste in games is terrible. Take a look at the awards page for D3. The world disagrees with you.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/awards.html

Diablo 3, as popular as it was, didn't win any notable awards.

It's hard to surpass your own efforts when you set the bar so high to begin with. D3 is still being worked on so I expect it will acquire more accolades as time goes by.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]