Diablo® III

I hate to say this, but it is the truth.

When will players get over that D3 is not D2.

FFS stop comparing it.

If you don't like it play another game or play with yourself maybe you might get more satisfaction
Reply Quote
I'd rather have something I was very used to playing in the past, compared to a lot of the changes that were implemented. I mean no runes? no charms? runewords? Come on, it were those things that made D2/LoD so great. I hope they bring something back similar to that in RoS, or else they will lose more players after the first few months.

so if you buy a 2014 car you want it to be just like a 2000 model with absolutely no updates or changes? Or your computer should still operate like it did in 2000? Or we should all go back to VHS because that's what we had when we were kids? Or we should all trade in our iPods for Discman's because they worked perfectly fine? Do you want me to keep going? They made a different game from Diablo 2, get over it...

No, what I am saying is that Diablo 2 was built upon Diablo 1 with better mechanics, and much of the same should have been done with Diablo 3. It's like they started completely out of the blue compared to their previous excellent games, that was my point to begin with. If you ever played Diablo 2 or Diablo 1, you will know exactly what I am talking about. You're right, they did make a different game from Diablo 2, and guess what, they shot themselves in the foot by doing it. Which is why I am praying Reaper of Souls brings back a lot of the players.
Edited by Unvarnished#1486 on 11/17/2013 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
When will players get over that D3 is not D2.

FFS stop comparing it.

If you don't like it play another game or play with yourself maybe you might get more satisfaction

Playing with myself would definitely be more enjoyable, you're right about that.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/17/2013 03:33 PMPosted by Nishi
You should know that your taste in games is terrible. Take a look at the awards page for D3. The world disagrees with you.

Then my taste is terrible. So be it. I still infinitely prefer D3 to D2.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 03:43 PMPosted by Greenhell
This is the problem, go find a public game, ppl did leave, any other bright ideas?

Well I was not talking about public games
Reply Quote
View profile
To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished

What about all the new players that bought the game to try it out and have never played D1 or D2? Do they count in your 'playerbase'? I hope so. Their opinions matter just as much as yours.

Personally i was very pleased with D3.

100% of the time 100% of the people are 100% sure what they say is factual. And 60% of the time it works everytime.

You forgot to mention "the real diablo fans".

^ Basically this for me.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:36 PMPosted by Slaal
otherwise a game that fixed D2 problems like a non shared stash or eliminating potion spam

Non shared stash was, how big of a "problem" 14 years ago? Or potion spamming? What other games had these "problems" fixed in 2000? How about five years later. No? These things have just gone through a natural progression over the years so none of these things were problematic at the time. The games have just improved, and you would kind of expect that to happen since everything else works just the same way.

The first heart transplant was performed in 1967 but just because heart transplants today are vastly superior to back then doesn't mean that heart transplants were automatically problematic 30 or even 40 years ago and I can pretty much guarantee you that 99.99% of the transplant patients thought that the now adays compared inferior heart transplants back then were everything but a problem.
Edited by Vresiberba#2940 on 11/17/2013 4:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408614-Diablo-III-Infographic-Shows-2-1-Million-Players-Still-Log-On-Daily

For all of you statistic lovers, 2.1 million players a day compared to the 12 million lost players who either went back to D2 or to other games. Enjoy.

You forgot the context, such as the percentage of players retained by other similar games (ARPGs/RPGs) at a similar point in their development cycle (18 months after launch).

For all we know, the number of players D3 has is industry standard.

Edit: For clarity.
Edited by Bird#1227 on 11/17/2013 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished

I'm fully expecting Burning Crusade, tbh. The Crusade that they're on to be Burning the Diablo series into the ground while trying to extract every last dollar from the playerbase that is left.

Anyone who thinks they're doing these things to try to make the best Diablo game possible is woefully misguided. They don't like the fact that they aren't pulling substantial revenue from the AH anymore and are going to do anything they can to replace that revenue stream, even if it means butchering up the game.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:38 PMPosted by cheese
why make 2 of the same game? lawl

Great Point! Why is there two WoW?
Reply Quote
Things I like about D3:

1. Smooth combat
2. Polished gameplay
3. Fun classes
4. Shared stash
5. Elimination of scrolls
6. Better crafting than D2 -> still needs improvement
7. Tyrael plot line

Things I don't like or wish was more like D2
1. Items
2. Travel between acts
3. Community chat
4. 8 player games
5. PVP
6. Dark more gothic design (don't bring up act 2, hey it was dark out in half the outside areas until you killed the vipers) -> Although RoS seems to have gotten the hint on that one.
7. Trading between players
8. Necromancer!!!
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:44 PMPosted by lughnasadh
100% of the time 100% of the people are 100% sure what they say is factual. And 60% of the time it works everytime.

I saw a sign in a cube at my client's offices:

"You can't please all the people all the time, but you can piss them off all the time and it's fun!"

I gather the occupant is probably a proponent of pvp.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Unvarnished
No, what I am saying is that Diablo 2 was built upon Diablo 1 with better mechanics, and

Actually they scrapped the Diablo 1 system and built a whole new system for Diablo 2, so what's your point again?
Reply Quote
D3 is the equivalent of D2 when it first came out.

ROS will be the LOD of D3. Have some patienceeeeeeee!!! Even more than usual lol!
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Socs
What about all the new players that bought the game to try it out and have never played D1 or D2? Do they count in your 'playerbase'?

No you don't. YOU weren't the one's who supported Blizzard when they were a smaller company buying their products unquestioningly.

People like you only came on board after WoW, many old timer Blizzard supporters despise that product!!!
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 09:24 PMPosted by QED
What about all the new players that bought the game to try it out and have never played D1 or D2? Do they count in your 'playerbase'?

No you don't. YOU weren't the one's who supported Blizzard when they were a smaller company buying their products unquestioningly.

People like you only came on board after WoW, many old timer Blizzard supporters despise that product!!!

The entitlement is strong in this one.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Aristobulous
No, what I am saying is that Diablo 2 was built upon Diablo 1 with better mechanics, and

Actually they scrapped the Diablo 1 system and built a whole new system for Diablo 2, so what's your point again?

this x100 Diablo 2 was practically a rework of D1 and a lot of people were upset by that as well.
Reply Quote
Where are you getting your statistics from? 85% of what? this forum?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]