Diablo® III

I hate to say this, but it is the truth.

"72% of all statistics on the internet are completely made up." - Abraham Lincoln
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Unvarnished
85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics.
Where's your source? I can't stand it when idiots like you just throw out numbers/statistics to try and make your point. Makes you seem stupid.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Halcyon
"72% of all statistics on the internet are completely made up." - Abraham Lincoln
lol
Reply Quote
Man Nec was one if not the best. Uber necs could summon up to 50 60 minions. With teleport it was sweet. Item was off the hook crazy any what way. great. Worked great and made possible 3 + different ways to build each toon. Sorc for instance. Cold Fire or Light sorc. Same items some completely different but for those builds. Its supposed to be a adult game at the gates of hell save earth kind a play. How can you do this in a bright sun lighted pc game?( pc is politically correct by the way.) A necromancer would have been a nice added toon instead of replaced. They keep trying to reinvent the wheel I swear.
Reply Quote
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408614-Diablo-III-Infographic-Shows-2-1-Million-Players-Still-Log-On-Daily

For all of you statistic lovers, 2.1 million players a day compared to the 12 million lost players who either went back to D2 or to other games. Enjoy.

Has anyone ever told you you're bad with statistics? Because you are and it is the truth. Just because the average amount of players per day is 2.1 million doesn't mean only 2.1 million players play the game. Please note that the highest average was 5 million.
So how do you figure that they lost 12 million players?
Further more you're making assumptions about why people stopped playing. Of course to support your agenda you assume is was because they didn't like the game at all.

Please admit that you're being dishonest.
Edited by Sharuum#1981 on 11/17/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.408614-Diablo-III-Infographic-Shows-2-1-Million-Players-Still-Log-On-Daily

For all of you statistic lovers, 2.1 million players a day compared to the 12 million lost players who either went back to D2 or to other games. Enjoy.

Seems like you are not understanding statistics very much, so you ridicule the concept.

2.1M logins daily does not mean that the same 2.1M players login every single day. It could be 4.2M players loging in every other day, or 8M players with various playing habit, some every day, some only on weekends, some 2-3days per week, etc.

2.1M logins daily gives an indication of how much the game is actually played on a daily basis, no indication of the number of total active players.
Edited by NYARLATHOTEP#2116 on 11/17/2013 11:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished

Where did you get 85% from and how do you know this?

Go play D2 if that's what you want. I think they just had a ladder reset :D
Reply Quote
I am not saying that I want LoD to replace D3.

If they made LoD with the D3 graphics and fixed the problems with it I would buy it and probably never stop playing it!!! LoD was arguably the best RPG ever made.
Reply Quote
I'm one of those people that was disappointed by patch 1.10 in LOD. I think runes ruined Diablo.
Reply Quote

Has anyone ever told you you're bad with statistics? Because you are and it is the truth. Just because the average amount of players per day is 2.1 million doesn't mean only 2.1 million players play the game. Please note that the highest average was 5 million.
So how do you figure that they lost 12 million players?
Further more you're making assumptions about why people stopped playing. Of course to support your agenda you assume is was because they didn't like the game at all.

Please admit that you're being dishonest.

Lol Are we really citing an article made May 2013 about current player stats?

Also, keep in mind it is average players per day. They got that number by averaging it since launch.

So the results are skewed in favor of Blizzard.

Of course again, old data is old.
Reply Quote
To Blizzard,

I will keep this post short and simple. 85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics. If anyone feels otherwise, please feel free to comment.

Unvarnished

Honest Game Trailers : Diablo 3, pretty much sums up what you said :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSfI51rUXIA
Reply Quote
Wish they'd had a good itemization plan before even releasing D3. But oh well, whats done is done.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:38 PMPosted by cheese
why make 2 of the same game? lawl

I know, right?! I mean, what idiots would think to make basically the same game.......

*Madden NFL franchise*

Oh...
Edited by KhalARon#1159 on 11/18/2013 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
100% of the time 100% of the people are 100% sure what they say is factual. And 60% of the time it works everytime.

You forgot to mention "the real diablo fans".

It's made with real panthers. It works 60% of the time...every time.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Stillnyte
Wish they'd had a good itemization plan before even releasing D3. But oh well, whats done is done.

Does everyone not remember back before BETA when many thousands of people said "We don't care that it's not done. RELEASE IT ALREADY!"

When the initial launch was delayed people were mad and saying just release it, we don't care if it's finished.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/17/2013 09:47 PMPosted by Halcyon

Okay, I laughed. Out loud, even.
Reply Quote
What about all the new players that bought the game to try it out and have never played D1 or D2? Do they count in your 'playerbase'? I hope so. Their opinions matter just as much as yours.

Personally i was very pleased with D3.

You are a man of justice. We need more humans like you in our modern society.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Replay
Does everyone not remember back before BETA when many thousands of people said "We don't care that it's not done. RELEASE IT ALREADY!"
Yep, I was there, And was opposed to releasing an unfinished product..
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Unvarnished
85% of the player base was expecting a game similar to LoD, or atleast, 85% of the same or similar game mechanics.

You mean spamming non stackable potions all the time and having to click on gold? Needing mana for every half decent skill instead of generator/spender mechanics?
If they expected something like that they must have been surprised like hell, but in a positive way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]