Diablo® III

Why am i still dying??

This is my layout http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/darien-1162/hero/11137818 I tried to match up the stats with another forum i read i can keep perma freeze up pretty good but as soon as i get hit with any element i die instantly with over 800 resist for all. what is causing this???
Reply Quote
your defensive stats aren't bad but you need your life on hit.

perhaps more as too. idk what ur as is tho, what breakpoint?
Reply Quote
Low attack speed/cc and LoH for a cm wiz.
Edited by GinJuice#1462 on 11/14/2013 8:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guessing you're running into a bunch of mobs, freezing them all at once and before they all die your freeze wears off? If so, you're getting hit by multiple mobs at the same time. You're getting 4-10 shot, not one shot. Just that those 4-10 hits all happen at the same time.

You need less MF% and waaaaaaay more crit to pull off a CM build successfully. Also crit damage. Maybe switch to a kiting build till you can get your crits up.

Also, don't be afraid to post on the Wiz forums, lots of knowledgeable people there that are bored and willing to help.
Edited by Oxe#1364 on 11/14/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
this was for solo inferno mp 10
Reply Quote
MP 5 would probably be more appropriate for your gear atm.
Reply Quote
thanks guys, i can take on a large group of enemies my freeze doesn't always wear off but an elite will cast something toward me like poison or a ring of fire on the ground and i die or i get charged by one of those beast things lol i'm guessing life on hit will help with this?
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 08:56 PMPosted by darien
this was for solo inferno mp 10

sub 100K dps shouldn't be on mp10 bro. my wizard pulls around 230-250 in cm gear and I still feel my dps is low for mp10 (with permafreeze I don't die, but the pace is really slow)

last time I played I think I was in archon gear
Reply Quote
LoH does help with survivability in CM builds, but you still need ~20% more crit to be effective. Especially at MP10. The problem isn't when you're hitting 10 enemies and you get that 33% chance on all 10 of them for crits. It's when you're up against 1 boss or 3-4 elites and your crits just don't land. Then your skills aren't off CD and you're dead.
Reply Quote
Because you seem to have confused IAS, Crit Chance, and LoH for Magic Find.
Reply Quote
There are some basic requirements for the build and you are not hitting them at all sadly, I'd suggest you take a look at:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7350715501

your defensive stats aren't bad

11/14/2013 09:03 PMPosted by Oxe
you still need ~20% more crit to be effective. Especially at MP10. The problem isn't when you're hitting 10 enemies and you get that 33% chance on all 10 of them for crits. It's when you're up against 1 boss or 3-4 elites and your crits just don't land. Then your skills aren't off CD and you're dead.

As they have pointed out, you need way more Crit chance and Attack Speed (possibly getting rid of Mara and Oculus first). You should aim to buy stuff like your gloves, with CC and AS. Aim for at least 2.5 AS with around 50% CC and at least 17 Arcane Power on Crit (possibly Stormcrow helm).
It may also help if you used Cold Snap rune instead of Bone Chill with Frost Nova since you should be struggling to perma freeze.
Finally, I'd switch to Energy Armour with Pinpoint Barrier for that 5% free CC and nice bit of Armour buff. Take a look at that thread, it's very detailed and you should understand a lot more about the build after reading it.
Edited by Chewbecca#3227 on 11/14/2013 9:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep, you need a little work. Take a look at my build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DTMAce-1687/hero/13570500

Defensively and health wise I'm pretty tanky for a CM. But I had to sacrifice some damage to get that to happen right now. But I can easily do 4 player MP 10 runs all day long and not die very much. Usually due to a mistake or something more than because I get hit with something.

I can take full on molten blasts, grotesques, savage beasts hits. What usually gets me the easiest are electrified combined with plague or desecrate, with either fear and or vortex in the mix. I have to be ready to pop the teleport quite a bit, but I have gotten pretty good at zapping in and zapping out of stuff. But zap one way wrong when you are taking hits and bam. lol

I like a challenge though and a good elite battle is where I work my magic. lol

There are a lot of good tips in the wizard forum too, so be sure to read some of them.

Game on.
Reply Quote
Just a couple of gear choice recommends:

Get a amulet like the one I have. Duncraig Cross. It will boost your LOH. With the pants and the cross alone, I jumped over 1k in LOH. That made a world of difference, as you want to hit at LEAST 800 LOH to be helpful.

Problem is that amulet is hard to find with good alternate stats, so you may have to sacrifice a few notches on other stats like AS, or CC/CD, etc.

Ditch the tasker and theo's try to find a nice dual or tri fecta set for your Wiz. (with 2 or 3 of AS, CC, and CD, with the first two being most important)

Aim for 2.73 APS, but you can make do with a bit less, providing you can get the CC to at least 50 as others have said. I have almost made it to 3 APS, but not quite. 2.93 right now. But may as well be 2.73 for all the good it does me.

Try to find rings with sockets, wand and source with a socket.

As for the helmet, yes, either a stormcrow for more arcane on hit support, or a Andy (cheaper) or a mempo, those at least you can use a socket. The storms don't have them which is why I don't use one. Considering I only have 10 arcane on crit, I actually don't do bad. To compensate, I try to hit as many monsters as I can at once, throwing twisters everywhere. But in one on one battles its a bit harder to stay up in arcane, but I manage.

I use the slow time, I find that it helps a TON. In several ways, it slows the mobs, lowers missle speeds 90 percent, and boosts everyone's damage on monsters in the bubble. It also makes you a favorite in parties. lol

But you have to stay alive to be useful, that's the trick.

Good luck though!
Reply Quote
OP your CHC is too low for a CM Wiz, look at at least 40% preferably 50%, and also look into your IAS as some have mentioned. Once you have those you might look into replacing your helm for a Stormcrow as you will probably run into AP issue when you have more speed. Also sub 100dps solo should not be in mp10 inferno, it takes too long to kill elites which means there is a higher probability for monsters to kill you before you kill them..
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 08:58 PMPosted by Oxe
MP 5 would probably be more appropriate for your gear atm.

With your current gear, you should not be doing mp10 at all.

So you tried and now you know what are you having is really not good enough for mp10

Honestly, I only recommend players with over 200K to do mp10. Those below 200K will be tough, those that are less than 100K damage will just keep dying. It is not about just staying alive, it is about how fast you can kill as well.

Do a lower mp first, don't try to fly before you start to walk. There is no short cut to it. Unless your friends and the players playing with you don't mind carrying you in group.

Let me warned you, group on mp10 makes the monsters even more difficult to kill and their blows are extremely heavy. They can just one shot you with your current gears.
Reply Quote
@ WarMachine - Just to be sure, you quoted me, but you were using it as emphasis to the OP right?
Edited by Oxe#1364 on 11/15/2013 12:45 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 11:30 PMPosted by WarMachine81
Honestly, I only recommend players with over 200K to do mp10

when I swap to cm gear I rock 230K and I find that to be too slow.

even my 380K buffed ww barb feels slow on mp10

when I was playing a lot I usually preferred to rock mp7 @ 330K dps archon, or mp8 on my barb or wiz in cm. I only went mp10 for multiplayer games or ubers with barb

btw to the op, when I swap cm gear I rock a stormcrow(crit chance roll), blackthorne pants (armor + allres), and chantodo set (.25 os wand, high int+vit combo source)
Reply Quote
11/15/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Oxe
@ WarMachine - Just to be sure, you quoted me, but you were using it as emphasis to the OP right?

Hi Oxe, I quoted you as I totally agree with what you said. With his currently gear, he should not even think about doing mp10 at all.
Reply Quote
Put more dps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]