Diablo® III

BoA (+ delay to trade in clan) to save the game

11/16/2013 08:08 PMPosted by bearr
question the ones that are anti-BoA, meaning that I wonder what are their goals: having fun playing Diablo or making profit flipping and botting.

+1

Some people are so utterly beholden to their incessant greed to make a few $$$, that they seem to have lost the concept of playing a computer game for FUN!

They seem to measure and define their enjoyment level on amount of their ill-gotten gains, be it camping the gah and moving the best items to rmah, or botting or even scamming.

I pity them. Thankfully the removal of the rmah, with loot 2.0, smart drops and the Bound to account nature of commodities and the very best loot - will reduce or remove their deplorable exploits. They can then learn over again what FUN it is to kill monsters and earn your own loot legitimately - or they can quit D3.

Either way - it has to be a good thing in my view.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 04:03 AMPosted by Wired
question the ones that are anti-BoA, meaning that I wonder what are their goals: having fun playing Diablo or making profit flipping and botting.

+1

Some people are so utterly beholden to their incessant greed to make a few $$$, that they seem to have lost the concept of playing a computer game for FUN!

They seem to measure and define their enjoyment level on amount of their ill-gotten gains, be it camping the gah and moving the best items to rmah, or botting or even scamming.

I pity them. Thankfully the removal of the rmah, with loot 2.0, smart drops and the Bound to account nature of commodities and the very best loot - will reduce or remove their deplorable exploits. They can then learn over again what FUN it is to kill monsters and earn your own loot legitimately - or they can quit D3.

There is a third way:
1) Botting
2) Multiboxing
3) 3rd party services (3 bots programmed to kill everyone in game and bring you all the good loot)
4) Account trading (PvP accounts,PvM accounts...)
5) ...?

Possibilities are endless...

If you are willing to buy time, you can still do that.
Edited by Shark#1999 on 11/17/2013 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

+1

There is a third way:
1) Botting
2) Multiboxing
3) 3rd party services (3 bots programmed to kill everyone in game and bring you all the good loot)
4) Account trading (PvP accounts,PvM accounts...)
5) ...?

Possibilities are endless...

If you are willing to buy time, you can still do that.

Everything in that won't really matter when BoA is up (except multiboxing which god knows why Blizzard said it was legit lol... oh yeah, money).

11/17/2013 03:46 AMPosted by KingD
BOA will not change abuse. It will not change the fact, that some people will get ahead of you. BOA will not change the fact, that some people simply have more game time than others (What? should we change Diablo to having a opening and closing time, just to please everyone? Diablo is open from 8 am to 17 pm...lol?) BOA will not change the fact, that people will go to great lengths

Dude, that's exactly my point. I would be fine with people playing more than I do and being better than me, because I'd know that they would have earn it. Only BoA can bring some respect back to this franchise.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/17/2013 6:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/16/2013 08:15 PMPosted by Nephalem
I totally agree with him, and question the ones that are anti-BoA, meaning that I wonder what are their goals: having fun playing Diablo or making profit flipping and botting.

So these are the only possibilities? You really think it's that widespread, and there can be no other reasons? Seriously, dude....

He's engaging in false dichotomy thinking.

The thing people like the OP, and Blizzard, don't seem to understand is that no matter how much you rationalize and explain to us that we are stupid for not liking BOA, its not going to actually change our minds. We are not going to buy or support the game. Period. They can spin it how they want, work themselves into a frenzy about it. It's irrelevant. You still have lost a huge portion of the game playerbase. And they'll see that when the expansion bombs.
Reply Quote

Dichotomy thinking? If you had read all the posts you would have seen I gave other possibilities to that.

11/17/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Whiplash
The thing people like the OP, and Blizzard, don't seem to understand is that no matter how much you rationalize and explain to us that we are stupid for not liking BOA, its not going to actually change our minds. We are not going to buy or support the game. Period.

Bouhou. Big scary threats.

Instead of QQ, maybe you should argument on why you're anti-BoA. Maybe it will change my mind.

Still, I have the feeling all the botters and flippers are spamming the forums with anti-BoA stuff while I don't see any good arguments to support it.

Reminds me of when barbs were scared to lose their OP build lol
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/17/2013 8:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 08:20 PMPosted by Whiplash

So these are the only possibilities? You really think it's that widespread, and there can be no other reasons? Seriously, dude....

The thing people like the OP, and Blizzard, don't seem to understand is that no matter how much you rationalize and explain to us that we are stupid for not liking BOA, its not going to actually change our minds. We are not going to buy or support the game. Period. They can spin it how they want, work themselves into a frenzy about it. It's irrelevant. You still have lost a huge portion of the game playerbase. And they'll see that when the expansion bombs.

If you read anywhere else other than these forums, there is a general buzz about RoS, and many people may be returning.

In the end, its about what kind of community blizzard wants to foster. Do they want a community where everything has a $ placed on it, where people can "skip the game" on D2JSP, or do they want a self-found homegrown community? From the looks of it in all the interviews, blizzard will gladly sacrifice all the CC warriors and flippers to foster a bigger self-found community.

Blizzard has an ideal for this game, and that is people grouping up doing random things slaughtering monsters for loot. They understand that allowing us to trade everything, while it has perks, also spawns a black market of rmt and p2w.

This conversation would never be over though, because it boils down to principle. Do you want an honest, fair game? Or are you an amoral shmuck who thinks cheating is a-ok?

The thing that amazes me about this whole bit is diablo 3 is the only game I have ever played where a portion of the playerbase celebrates p2w and rmt. They actually think they are awesome because they are so fail they throw their credit card at things to "win." I have watched other games become abandoned the second the words "this game is becoming p2w" are uttered on message boards. Maybe blizzard has seen this and is responding accordingly. Maybe they know it will bring people back as well.
Reply Quote
Anti BoA chiming in here.

1. I will never get to trade my replaced gear on my WD/Wizard to my fiance ever again. (She plays a WD and Wiz too) however I work Graveyard and she doesn't. We do not always have time to play toghether and she plays much less than me.

2. I will never be able to trade items to strangers that are new to the game ever again. a good example of this is when I achieved Paragon 80 I handed out legendaries. another example is when I got Paragon 77 on my barbarian I treated a handful of legendaries and 500 k gold

3. I will never be able to hook up returning friends that come back to Diablo. they we'll not be able to play with me because they're gears is not at the level that I play at.

4. I will not be able to ever host a item drop game and help out random players that are new to the game, this is where I drop high end legendaries. I typically do this via a trivia game

This is not a threat it is a promise that I will not purchase Reaper of souls if the decision to keep bind on account items remains ~ I have no interest in playing a game that is similar World of Warcraft.

I have never traded outside of the gold auction house or the real money auction house. I have only traded via the forums or in game or via the gold auction house.

the entire problem with the pro bind on account players is there thought process you want to poison the entire well just for your play style while leaving no options for anyone else but yourself

most of the pro bind on account players make me sick, there are a few of you that do you have sound and logical arguments however typically most of you do not care for any other option but your own

I am tired of defending my play style with the notion that I am a cheater, exploiter, gold farmer or botter. Simply because I want the option of trading.
Reply Quote
1058460. 63787:
I'm sure your friends and fiance will survive. I don't think BoA is going anywhere.

Thanks for proving a point.

Literally don't think there is a iota of ill logic in your Pro BoA stance.

Read the forums. BoA is hugely debated right now.
Reply Quote
Thanks for proving a point.

Literally don't think there is a iota of ill logic in your Pro BoA stance.

Read the forums. BoA is hugely debated right now.

BoA will come with better drop rate, better quality item and Smart loot. You may not be able to help friends as easily but they won't need as much help. Rare items will be trade able without restriction. I don't think(and hope) we will be able to have an adapted legendary for each item slot. A good balance in my opinion is 5-6 legendaries and 6-7 rate items. You may be able to help friend a bit.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 12:41 AMPosted by holce
BoA will come with better drop rate, better quality item and Smart loot. You may not be able to help friends as easily but they won't need as much help.

Just like to point out that those aspects of the drops were in before the BOA announcement. The console version has had these improvements all along, without BOA. It's reasonable to conclude that everything would be exactly the same and BOA is tacked on.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 12:49 AMPosted by Baconan
Just like to point out that those aspects of the drops were in before the BOA announcement. The console version has had these improvements all along, without BOA. It's reasonable to conclude that everything would be exactly the same and BOA is tacked on.

Console never had loot 2.0 and devs has said the PC version will not have the exact same loot system (Smart drop less frequent for example). It is not reasonable to think everything will be exactly the same. There will be similarities of course but differences too.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 12:56 AMPosted by holce

Console never had loot 2.0 and devs has said the PC version will not have the exact same loot system (Smart drop less frequent for example). It is not reasonable to think everything will be exactly the same. There will be similarities of course but differences too.

The console version has all three things you listed so I would be interested in reading what you think it doesn't have that will necessitate BOA on the PC version.
Reply Quote
Console has shared loot. Lol.

You Pro BoA folks would flip your wigs if someone stole your loot.

"Oops, Bound to my character, sorry peace bro lols"

*The forces of Diablo become weaker*
Edited by Recyclebin#1417 on 11/18/2013 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 01:02 AMPosted by Baconan
The console version has all three things you listed so I would be interested in reading what you think it doesn't have that will necessitate BOA on the PC version.

No.

-Console does not have loot 2.0. What the console have is a pre version. More quality items but not more synergies between skills and affixes. No new legendaries, no categories for affixes,...

-They have Smart loot but they are a lot more frequent that what we may have on PC.

-They don't have mystic.

So console have similarities with what we will have with RoS but differences. The legendaries will have game changing affixes so making a build will be choosing skills and legendaries. This is why trading should not make easier to find legendaries. Or trading will make easier to get gameplay possibilities in game. There is a risk to make trading even more mandatory but a lot more difficult without the AH.

Using trading to be able to play in a stronger difficult level does not make as much harm that using trading to have twice the build diversity.
Reply Quote
11/17/2013 10:04 PMPosted by Brad
Holy smokes, your post managed to pull in two of the biggest anti-boa users on the forum, Baconan and Nephalem. In regards to your idea of openly trading with friends and clans, what's to stop some players from buying something online and sharing their battle tag with a bot and them having the bot send them a friend/clan invite in the game?

Now I'm one of the biggest Anti-BoA users?

Gee, I feel all important now. Thanks.

Apparently, using a system that was put into the game is considered "cheating". How amusing. What most of these rants come down to is nothing more than people whining that someone else has more then them, and it's not fair. Go for it. Been hearing it all my life. You won't say anything new.

I am not in favor of BoA because I like to be able to help others, as I see fit, when and if they desire it. It's kind of a way of life for me, it's just what I do. So naturally it extends to here as well.
Reply Quote
If you read anywhere else other than these forums, there is a general buzz about RoS, and many people may be returning.

In the end, its about what kind of community blizzard wants to foster. Do they want a community where everything has a $ placed on it, where people can "skip the game" on D2JSP, or do they want a self-found homegrown community? From the looks of it in all the interviews, blizzard will gladly sacrifice all the CC warriors and flippers to foster a bigger self-found community.

Great post man!

Anti BoA chiming in here.

1. I will never get to trade my replaced gear on my WD/Wizard to my fiance ever again. (She plays a WD and Wiz too) however I work Graveyard and she doesn't. We do not always have time to play toghether and she plays much less than me.

2. I will never be able to trade items to strangers that are new to the game ever again. a good example of this is when I achieved Paragon 80 I handed out legendaries. another example is when I got Paragon 77 on my barbarian I treated a handful of legendaries and 500 k gold

3. I will never be able to hook up returning friends that come back to Diablo. they we'll not be able to play with me because they're gears is not at the level that I play at.

4. I will not be able to ever host a item drop game and help out random players that are new to the game, this is where I drop high end legendaries. I typically do this via a trivia game

This is not a threat it is a promise that I will not purchase Reaper of souls if the decision to keep bind on account items remains ~ I have no interest in playing a game that is similar World of Warcraft.

I have never traded outside of the gold auction house or the real money auction house. I have only traded via the forums or in game or via the gold auction house.

the entire problem with the pro bind on account players is there thought process you want to poison the entire well just for your play style while leaving no options for anyone else but yourself

most of the pro bind on account players make me sick, there are a few of you that do you have sound and logical arguments however typically most of you do not care for any other option but your own

I am tired of defending my play style with the notion that I am a cheater, exploiter, gold farmer or botter. Simply because I want the option of trading.

Okay, well... Your four arguments pretty revolve around the same thing. They actually are all false.

First off, you can exchange any rare items whenever you want with your girlfriend. She won't be able to receive your legendary, but guess what, she will be able to find them on their own and maybe (crazy idea here) enjoy it more.

Secondly, you will be able to give new players any rare item you want. You know rare items are good too, right? That way, they can be helped without given easily end-game content, and guess what again, actually play the game and grind.

Same with your points 3 and 4.

Also, you will be able to give any legendary you want in a amount of time to your clan or friends or group depending on what Blizzard decides. Try and make me believe that you won't play an amazing game (oh yeah, RoS looks insane!) because your generosity is being compromised and you can't take it...

I am not in favor of BoA because I like to be able to help others, as I see fit, when and if they desire it. It's kind of a way of life for me, it's just what I do. So naturally it extends to here as well.

Oh you are so generous. That's why you can't take all this evilness from Blizzard forbidding you to help the ones in need.

New players will survive without their high-end legendaries. They'll find them themselves. That's your only argument, really?
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/18/2013 1:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
no categories for affixes

I really don't see how that necessitates BOA in any way.
11/18/2013 01:19 AMPosted by holce
-They don't have mystic.

Mystic was going to be BOA all along, we already knew this.
The legendaries will have game changing affixes so making a build will be choosing skills and legendaries. This is why trading should not make easier to find legendaries. Or trading will make easier to get gameplay possibilities in game.

So it will be better to have a tiny amount of people running around with build changing affixes then?
Reply Quote
Dude, that's exactly my point. I would be fine with people playing more than I do and being better than me, because I'd know that they would have earn it. Only BoA can bring some respect back to this franchise.

Don't twist my words, with leaving out crucial points in my post.

BOA won't change the fact, that cheaters will still be in the game, period.

And earn it? This is not a job you know. What happened to playing for fun? Fun for others may very well differ from your fun. So let's have fun for a small minority, instead of most could have fun.

People just don't see further than their own nose tip. Going to be fun, when ½ the player-base is missing, and pub games are void as the Sahara desert.
Edited by KingD#2483 on 11/18/2013 1:36 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]