Diablo® III

BoA (+ delay to trade in clan) to save the game

bearr I also agree with moldran's video for the most part I posted my ideas on this topic in a thread not long ago

I like the changes that are coming it means that when I spec players I will be like ow that player has grinded heaps, enchanted heaps, crafted heaps, PLAYED THE GAME! instead of ow this player has spent about $30 and this one $200 and ow this one has spent bout $1000, I think that if trading is kept open to all people in the game it just means that the new AH will be 3rd party websites meaning the game will still be pay to win, however I think that the BOA rules should be changed so that you have the the ability to trade with anyone who is on your friends list at the time of the drop because you might have a friend that you normally play with all the time that just isn't on at the current time and also that way you cant sell the item for top dollar to some random just buy inviting him to your friends list. also I think that there should still be a time limit to trade say 24 hours instead of 2 hours also because all your friends are not on all the time, but even without those changes I still think that the game is going to be awesome ;D
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Baconan
It's amazing how BOA is all the sudden a great idea once Blizzard forces it upon us. Believe me, we all already thought of this, decided it was a terrible idea and told nobody about it.

You mean all people that use trading. Of course you think this is bad. BoA is a restriction on trading. Its purpose is to restrict trading and make a better balance between people that trade and people that play self loot.

I didn't though about BoA because all items are already BoA (for me). But when they speak about adding BoA and because of that making more easy to get loot playing self loot, I though this was a good idea. But I understand that people that focus on trading don't like that.

As a tool for balancing the game, BoA should be used just enough to reduce the gap in efficiency between the two play styles. I think making legendaries BoA and making sure some rare items will be BiS is a good balance. This mean trading is possible for end game gears but not for all. And because mystic can help with rare items (but not legendaries) self loot players have an alternative.
Edited by holce#2777 on 11/18/2013 2:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Inertia
but even without those changes I still think that the game is going to be awesome ;D

Yeah, I can't wait.

I too agree that 2 hours window is too short. There's a friend in particular that we like helping each other out and I would be sad to miss her by a few hours to give her an amazing item.

But when they speak about adding BoA and because of that making more easy to get loot playing self loot I find this a good idea. But I understand that people that focus on trade don't like that.

As a tool for balancing the game, BoA should be use just enough to reduce the gap in efficiency between the two play styles. I think making legendaries BoA and making sure some rare items will be BiS is a good balance. This mean trading is possible for end game gears but not for all. And because mystic can help with rare items (but not legendaries) self loot player have an alternative.

Yes, well said!

Trading will still be possible a lot. People have just to accept that the best items in the game won't. It's different from trading as it is now, and even if I liked selling my nat's ring for 1.6 bil a year ago, I think it will be more fun without all this AH and RMAH non-sense (in a game!).
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/18/2013 2:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Didnt bother reading the thread.

For the OP obviously everyone promoting trade in this game is a wannabe tycoon and abusing the game. He doesnt acknowledge that this is the equivalent of calling every SF-Player out there an envious AH-loser.

This isnt getting us anywhere guys, there are options on the table (this board) that could work for both sides and everyone between. Lets focus on them.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:46 AMPosted by Troglodyte
This isnt getting us anywhere guys, there are options on the table (this board) that could work for both sides and everyone between. Lets focus on them.

Isn't there a compromise done?

1) rare items can be traded anytime.

2) legendaries can be traded within certain restrictions.

3) smart drops + better drops + mystic.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:37 AMPosted by Baconan
Trading is just another useful option, nothing more. If trading is the reason for BOA, they've royally screwed up.

And what is the alternative.

You have loot+trade and loot +??? (playing 10 times more is not a viable alternative)

For common affixes we have loot+trade or loot+mystic and even loot+trade+mystic.

For legendary affixes mystic cannot help. And an option without a real alternative is not really an option. Those options feel mandatory. And this is what the devs don't want: Options that feel mandatory. Of course this mean that to get legendaries we will have to play the game. But playing the game is not an option.
Edited by holce#2777 on 11/18/2013 2:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:16 AMPosted by Baconan
It's amazing how BOA is all the sudden a great idea once Blizzard forces it upon us. Believe me, we all already thought of this, decided it was a terrible idea and told nobody about it.
Even the shutdown of the AHs was not asked by anyone, but it was largely praised when announced.
These changes cannot do anything by themselves, they require a grand plan. That's why nobody asked for them.

Closing the AHs without revisiting RNG and droprate would be insane.
Having revisited RNG and droprate without BoA restrictions would create the perfect environment for 3rd party trading and would be a bot/scamming paradise...

All the complaints against BoA I read this far are from prople who just look at their little world and not at the big picture.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:50 AMPosted by bearr

Garbage rares that nobody wants and expensive rares nobody has you mean.
legendaries can be traded within certain restrictions.

Not if you play solo, which is a large portion of the player base.
smart drops + better drops + mystic.

None of those things require BOA but the Mystic and I think the Mystic is an awful idea but I'd rather save that for another topic.
Reply Quote
Even the shutdown of the AHs was not asked by anyone, but it was largely praised when announced.
These changes cannot do anything by themselves, they require a grand plan. That's why nobody asked for them.

Closing the AHs without revisiting RNG and droprate would be insane.
Having revisited RNG and droprate without BoA restrictions would create the perfect environment for 3rd party trading and would be a bot/scamming paradise...

All the complaints against BoA I read this far are from prople who just look at their little world and not at the big picture.

Sadly, I kind of agree.

Bot/scamming paradise it would be.

11/18/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Baconan

Garbage rares that nobody wants and expensive rares nobody has you mean.
legendaries can be traded within certain restrictions.

Not if you play solo, which is a large portion of the player base.
smart drops + better drops + mystic.

None of those things require BOA but the Mystic and I think the Mystic is an awful idea but I'd rather save that for another topic.

Come on man be fair. Rare wil be amazing for a while. Legendaries are end-game and therefore should not be gotten easily.

As for the solo thing, I'm all up for trading legendaries in time window with your friends in your friends list.

Modifying items in PoE looks really cool, and the mystic is just that.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/18/2013 2:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:52 AMPosted by Deus

Yes, yes it was. I know there are some AH promoters here but literally everyone I talked to hated it.
Reply Quote

Best solution would be:

As a base, nothing is BoA. They only become BoA when one of the following occurs.

-An item that drops is a "smart drop". It's tailored to your character so it should be bound to your character.
or
-Mystic is used to "reroll" a stat. You're tailoring it to your character so it should be bound to your character.

Otherwise, it should be open for trading.

That aside, I don't care what route they go with binding. My only concern is that my drops aren't so godawful that I have to trade to reach a reasonable level of power in a reasonable span of time. I don't need the best gear to rain from the sky, I just want decent gear.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 02:59 AMPosted by Ringo

Best solution would be:

As a base, nothing is BoA. They only become BoA when one of the following occurs.

-An item that drops is a "smart drop". It's tailored to your character so it should be bound to your character.
or
-Mystic is used to "reroll" a stat. You're tailoring it to your character so it should be bound to your character.

Otherwise, it should be open for trading.

That aside, I don't care what route they go with binding. My only concern is that my drops aren't so godawful that I have to trade to reach a reasonable level of power in a reasonable span of time. I don't need the best gear to rain from the sky, I just want decent gear.

I like your post. I don't say I agree, I'm just not sure. But your post is one of the most constructive I've read here. Good job!
Reply Quote

2) legendaries can be traded within certain restrictions.

3) smart drops + better drops + mystic.

1: You and I know that with 400% more legendaries there will be no need for rares anymore. Rares atm are only interesting bcs there are no good options for gloves, amulets, one of the rings and sometimes one of the rare weapons. Rares fill a niche right now bcs legendary design was so awful. They most likely wont be as attractive in RoS.

2: That isnt trading, that is giving. You dont honestly believe youll get anything like a trade together in you mutually helpful lootgroup.

3: that is not part of a compromise, its the point of the expansion and loot 2.0.

If you want a constructive discussion, look at this one. It might actually work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10586598590
Reply Quote

1: You and I know that with 400% more legendaries there will be no need for rares anymore. Rares atm are only interesting bcs there are no good options for gloves, amulets, one of the rings and sometimes one of the rare weapons. Rares fill a niche right now bcs legendary design was so awful. They most likely wont be as attractive in RoS.

2: That isnt trading, that is giving. You dont honestly believe youll get anything like a trade together in you mutually helpful lootgroup.

3: that is not part of a compromise, its the point of the expansion and loot 2.0.

If you want a constructive discussion, look at this one. It might actually work.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/10586598590

Well, it's not a perfect compromise for trading lovers, but my question would then be? What do you like so much in trading?

Also, on the founder's stat, this really depends on how much this stat is good. If not, then it is worthless.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/18/2013 3:15 AM PST
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 03:10 AMPosted by Troglodyte

I am not sure about that. It depends how legendaries are made. A legendary that make you cast two hydras at the same time may be the most wanted legendary for a build using hydra. But it is only a wasted affix for any other build. The question is: Will be possible to find 12 legendaries adapted to each builds? If this is not the case, Some rares will be better than legendaries. In some slots we only have legendaries with a useless game changing affix (for our build), any rare with one more useful affix will be better.
Reply Quote
Well, it's not a perfect compromise for trading lovers, but my question would then be? What do you like so much in trading?

Also, on the founder's stat, this really depend on how much this stat is good. If not, then it is worthless.

I like to have the chance to find "the big one". If that big one happens not be for my preferred class/build its goin to be trash. I really dont want to get rich off this game. except for some sick examples going to work is almost always 100 times more effective.

But just the feeling that i can find something valuable that other will have to give something equally valuable in exchange for does it for me.

As for the other thread. I really think its a good solution to discuss and look into. Why dont you ask about and state your concerns there and instead make another thread that is clearly only meant to stirr up things between the two sides over again?
Reply Quote
I could care less where someone else got their gear. Know why? It's none of my business.

You should had played D2, then you would understand why it is our business.

11/16/2013 11:46 PMPosted by Nephalem
Also, how does it affect you if someone does use a third party site to get all their gear? PvP is trash and there is no word of improvements on that front and as far as I know D3 offers no other form of competition.

I suspect the truth is closer to something to do with e-peens and insecurity. With a dose of "if I don't like it, you can't have it".

Or in the case of some who are born-again non-traders, "If I don't like it any more, you can't have it."
Hypocrisy is a nice seasoning to add to this dish.

I apologize that I don't support cheating and the third party network that does come along with it. I had no idea that I was wrong before I read your comments!...

Seriously dude. How in gods name can you complain that people dislike cheating? The entitlement to something that is illegal is shocking. Just because Blizz ignored it at D2, doesn't justify its existence at D3.

I am glad that Blizz is trying to stop the illegal markets with BOA, if you dislike it go play an offline game. There you can do whatever you want to do.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 03:22 AMPosted by Troglodyte
instead make another thread that is clearly only meant to stirr up things between the two sides over again?

Yep, that is my only goal in life.

That Founder's stat thread isn't that great.

I am glad that Blizz is trying to stop the illegal markets with BOA, if you dislike it go play an offline game. There you can do whatever you want to do.

Well said buddy.
Edited by bearr#2157 on 11/18/2013 6:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
BOA wont fix the problem entirely, but it will help a lot. Maybe im just old but botting, p2w etc is all like cheating to me. In how D3 sits now I feel like there is a legitimate player base and then a bunch of cheaters. To cheat: To violate rules deliberately, as in a game. Not everyone but many people were using this an 'an investment vehicle' and that is against the rules. People couldn't control themselves and went from diablo players to tycoon wannabe's. BOA does stop most 3rd party transactions save for possibly materials and gold which should be in abundance and then just powerleveling. I don't quite understand still why someone would buy a game, buy the xpac and then not play , just to have someone else play for them and they can look at it after. Anyhow, blame the flippers and botters and not the pro boa group. Most of the pro boa is that simply because of the abuse seen and how its so far ruined the game. But ive found that most are like me that would LIKE to see trade in game, just don't see how this can be accomplished with how things are, also what fixes could be done to appease both sides. Myself and others have come up with some constructive ways that this MAY be accomplished, but we just get shot down because the anti-boa crowd is so static and linear in their thinking, its an all or nothing. So blizz wins since it IS their game, so as it sits, its gonna be nothing.
Reply Quote
11/18/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Angst
So blizz wins since it IS their game, so as it sits, its gonna be nothing.

We win too, as you'll see how BoA will make the game better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]