Diablo® III

The economy won't make it if we can't trade.

47 Orc Shaman
If everything is going to be BOA that would make gold the main currency. Bots will once again ruin any value gold has. They can't be stopped. In every online game they have a huge presence.. Especially with Blizzard games.
Reply Quote
Who cares about the economy.

This is a game, and not real life.
Reply Quote
47 Orc Shaman
Because people like to accumulate wealth in video games. You're right it's not real life.
Reply Quote
View profile
Who cares about the economy.

This is a game, and not real life.

But then it kills the community and the feeling that what you got was really valuable. If it drops and its BoA but its epic, who cares? There is no value to put on it.

I like the GAH. It allows people to trade easily and feel like that trifecta ammy they found is a truly epic drop that people would kill for. Now something equal to that would just feel like another drop in the world of Diablo and not really special.
Reply Quote
Making items hold value for their utility rather than for their flippability is the best thing that could have happened for D3 given it's current design.

March 18th 2014. Bring it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Making items hold value for their utility rather than for their flippability is the best thing that could have happened for D3 given it's current design.

Flippers only happened due to the RMAH. No one could sell most decent items on the RMAH for more than $1.25. So people got smart and looked for great buys and resold them to make more gold then flip the gold to the RMAH.

That's how it has been since release. I had friends saying that was always the best way to do it less than a month after release.

Its not because the GAH or the ability to trade.
Reply Quote
Make items bound on trade --- no flipping >_>
Reply Quote
Why would you buy billions of gold from a bot when you cant do anything but repair urgear and craft with it? Given the cash rewards that will be handed out (based on pictures) of the new quests or whatever itd be pointless.

Also when speaking of value there are differences here. You are adding monetary value to things that actually shouldn't have it. The value should be on your character.
Put it this way. You think its better to buy take out and show it off to a date or loved one or to make a meal yourself ? Which is generally more appreciated?
Reply Quote

Flippers only happened due to the RMAH. No one could sell most decent items on the RMAH for more than $1.25. So people got smart and looked for great buys and resold them to make more gold then flip the gold to the RMAH.

That's how it has been since release. I had friends saying that was always the best way to do it less than a month after release.

Its not because the GAH or the ability to trade.

That's exactly what I mean. Thank you for supporting the removal of the AH's, sir!

Also, trade is still going to be able to happen for 99% of the items. Don't panic :)
Reply Quote

That's exactly what I mean. Thank you for supporting the removal of the AH's, sir!

Also, trade is still going to be able to happen for 99% of the items. Don't panic :)

As it stands currently all Legendary / Sets will be BoA.
Reply Quote

As it stands currently all Legendary / Sets will be BoA.

Yep. And the rest (99% or more) will be tradeable.
Reply Quote
View profile
Hey, OP, Aren't you a little far from orgrimmar?
Reply Quote
47 Orc Shaman
11/15/2013 09:08 PMPosted by Kookymunster
Hey, OP, Aren't you a little far from orgrimmar?

Can't a girl escape and have some fun once in awhile?
Reply Quote

Yep. And the rest (99% or more) will be tradeable.

Nobody is as bad as you otis..... you are the one percentile on the other end of the spectrum. Y have to remember, 99 percent of the people that play have access to loot you don't.

It may be true that I may be the absolute worst. However, this isn't about me, it's about Diablo 3 and what's best for it in the long run.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/15/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Dàrkseid
Can't a girl escape and have some fun once in awhile?
Why sure you can, Welcome to the dark side :)
Reply Quote
Lol, the BoA dudes don't exactly care about economy.

All they want is "monkey pull lever, monkey get shiney!" mindless "gameplay"!
Edited by Darlynn#1750 on 11/15/2013 9:52 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]